Hps Vs Cmh Vs Led

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Yeah man look at the purpling on the stems,Phosphorus without a doubt probably locked out from the absence of calcium to move it through the plant.Your LEDs are probably more powerful than you think and its putting the extra strain on the plants uptake.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

My same diagnosis at first also. but I've been through the cal addition,mag-sulfate along with increased potash for the P so far with the mag sulfate showing at least a little improvement before I threw the 6 out of the 12 into flower under 200 watts of led stripes. I've supplemented blues, reds and far red diodes and I have some UV and IR diodes on the way.
Maintaining 80 degrees in my room would be a problem 9 months out of the year.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
If you havnt seem them yet you are gonna shit,There the new nanolux 1000's,
remote controlled,sunrise sunset the whole nine.Comes with a 1000W double ended CMH.them things are beast.Growers house has them in stock.I already have 2 ready to roll when this comparison is finished.
Looks dope for sure but I just don’t have the head room for those.i love my 630’s though.

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Yep, that's why I keep this one around.
View attachment 800709

If the emp's hit, that piece of shit across the street will be worthless...found on road dead!

No, Co2. I feel that it's added cost and maintenance not worth it in my gardens when i consistently pull 1-1.6 grams a watt without it's use.
Here is some of the glues that came out of this last harvest.View attachment 800720 View attachment 800721
Co2 supplementation isn't really worth it....you can dial in all you want ph, nutes, light, and co2 all you desire, its not going make a huge difference...plants dont utilize all the co2 in the room. How much is lost during air exchanges? but oppps, i don't know shit. Dont listen to me....damn it, coulda smoked a joint!

My same diagnosis at first also. but I've been through the cal addition,mag-sulfate along with increased potash for the P so far with the mag sulfate showing at least a little improvement before I threw the 6 out of the 12 into flower under 200 watts of led stripes. I've supplemented blues, reds and far red diodes and I have some UV and IR diodes on the way.
Maintaining 80 degrees in my room would be a problem 9 months out of the year.

First off those look very nice! Uv light is very much lacking in LED's. Good you are getting some in there.

Magnesium helps with p def the best...hands down use epsom salts...you will see a difference in a few days. Would really like to know how calcium an immobile nutrient can move a not so mobile nute? Weird.....Phosphorus is a myth during veg...i only use it if i see a def. Most soil is fortified with enuf. Just gotta get your micro flora numbers up...phosphodermas are the shit knowing how to bring them to the pots outdoors is a very smart way to not have to even use P except for only when its needed.. p fixing bacteria are the shit...keep them alive and you will see you dont need all this P people keep talking about....mamoth? Waste of money!

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

[QUOTE="Rootbound,You have to take into consideration this frendlyguy also thinks that pinching the stem on a plant to slow growth down and topping a plant are the same thing, and pinching will kill the growth tip above it because he read it on the internet somewhere... triple face palm!!! Lol!
My 285 watt quantum board led fixture beats my 315 cmh in every way hands down including canopy coverage, but he read on the internet somewhere that cmh was better... the link to the study he posted is a few yrs old also.

misunderstood what i said...pinching doesnt kill the growth above it....how is there growth above a pinch? I never said that! Post proof....or get the fuck off my nutts 4 incher! If i did post that i for surely didn't mean to. Lol proof post...might of been high af! Lol.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
[QUOTE="Rootbound,You have to take into consideration this frendlyguy also thinks that pinching the stem on a plant to slow growth down and topping a plant are the same thing, and pinching will kill the growth tip above it because he read it on the internet somewhere... triple face palm!!! Lol!
My 285 watt quantum board led fixture beats my 315 cmh in every way hands down including canopy coverage, but he read on the internet somewhere that cmh was better... the link to the study he posted is a few yrs old also.

misunderstood what i said...pinching doesnt kill the growth above it....how is there growth above a pinch? I never said that! Post proof....or get the fuck off my nutts 4 incher! If i did post that i for surely didn't mean to. Lol proof post...might of been high af! Lol.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/branchy-strains.95795/page-2 Post #25
Lmao, and wtf does fimming have to do with pinching the stem to slow growth down? And fimming does not create a super highway for nutrients. If fimming is done right, it can create multiple tops.

IMG 1301
Last edited:
justiceman

justiceman

If the emp's hit, that piece of shit across the street will be worthless...found on road dead!

Co2 supplementation isn't really worth it....you can dial in all you want ph, nutes, light, and co2 all you desire, its not going make a huge difference...plants dont utilize all the co2 in the room. How much is lost during air exchanges? but oppps, i don't know shit. Dont listen to me....damn it, coulda smoked a joint!

First off those look very nice! Uv light is very much lacking in LED's. Good you are getting some in there.

Magnesium helps with p def the best...hands down use epsom salts...you will see a difference in a few days. Would really like to know how calcium an immobile nutrient can move a not so mobile nute? Weird.....Phosphorus is a myth during veg...i only use it if i see a def. Most soil is fortified with enuf. Just gotta get your micro flora numbers up...phosphodermas are the shit knowing how to bring them to the pots outdoors is a very smart way to not have to even use P except for only when its needed.. p fixing bacteria are the shit...keep them alive and you will see you dont need all this P people keep talking about....mamoth? Waste of money!

It’s not so cut and dry to say that co2 isn’t worth it. It all depends on the type of growroom environment. If one is running a sealed room with no air exchange than co2 is a must. With an air exchanged room it’s not because co2 levels are naturally being replaced.

Dialing in nutrients, pH and lighting definitely makes a difference. Aside from lighting, pH and nutrients can be deal breakers if not attended to in hydro. Soil on the other hand takes care of pH itself and a quality soil already holds everything needed nutrient wise as well as a diverse microbial population for nutrient cycling. NPK and micro nutrients are required for all stages of plant growth.

NPK can be available to plants via the microbial processing of decaying matter into minerals(soil) or via the introduction of soluble minerals to an inert medium(hydro). Depending on which style is chosen can greatly affect and determine what outside inputs are necessary.

H

heisen

Stay TF off my thread dude.cary all your BS over to the infirmary to help people fix plants that are already half dead.good place to give Google search answers and experimental advice

justiceman

justiceman

I know right.im reading some of this shit and like damn,some of these dudes must know shit i dont cause I'm not the one with fucked up looking plants.im just trying to do a side by side of some lights,the growing part and training is already all worked out bahaha

Here you are doing a really sweet comparisom on light sources which is advanced with balancing nutrient levels and such from the different lights but instead you gotta run a class on basic grow style knowledge :drunk:

I’m definitely enjoying to light comparison though and look forward to seeing how this progresses.

H

heisen

Here you are doing a really sweet comparisom on light sources which is advanced with balancing nutrient levels and such from the different lights but instead you gotta run a class on basic grow style knowledge :drunk:

I’m definitely enjoying to light comparison though and look forward to seeing how this progresses.
Thanks man,yeah the next test will be very close with 1000w cmh on one side and all cobs on the other,4 different clone types mixed equally on both sides

P

PharmHand

@heisenbubble what ballast are you using for your HPS? Which reflector and bulb? Much use on bulb? Thanks

gwheels

gwheels

CMH runs a weird square ballast system. I do not believe you can compare it with HPS or MH but I have been wrong numerous times in the past :D After seeing this grow with my CMH I am pretty sure I am running a 315 in 3k and 200 watts of vero in 3500 forever in my 4 x 4 and a 135 quantum for veg. The CMH and the sugar coated buds are hard to pass up.

Top Bottom