Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Huge Fan Leaves?

Discussion in 'Basic Growing Information' started by Jbellsmoke, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Anyone give me quick answer to why I have such huge fan leaves. No pics but these things are huge. I'm 6foot 2 with some big paws on me and these leaves make my hand look small. Centre leaf is about three fingers wide. Just curious.

McNaughty, Aqua Man and hawkman like this.
  2. JWM2

JWM2 Premium Member Supporter

That’s a good thing. How big are your plants?

Aqua Man likes this.
  3. About 12 inch tall bushy like hell. Good to hear.

Aqua Man likes this.
  4. JWM2

JWM2 Premium Member Supporter

Well you're doing something right. Keep it happy.

Aqua Man likes this.
  5. I wish I had that problem. I'm always so unimpressed with the size of "my" indoor hydro leaves.

What's your secret?

Aqua Man and JWM2 like this.
  6. Think it's that I finally got Temps perfect. I have to say that the cheap viparspectra 600 w light is fuckin great for veg. Had some huge leaves on a ww plant I vegged under this light as well. Can't go wrong with the 150 bucks it cost.

Aqua Man and JWM2 like this.
  7. hawkman

hawkman

sign of a healthy plant but one must consider the genetic make-up --- know folks that have/had fan leaves bigger that one's hand m- not to worry

Irish063 likes this.
  8. JJ.77

JJ.77

Are they indoors or out

9. I’d say genetics and good growing conditions. The strain Doug’s Varin from what I read a while ago will gigantic fan leaves

10. Indoors. Had it outside for first week or two but it wasn't doing much with the cold nights. Put her inside and she just woke right up.

11. I'll post a pick of these bad boys when I get a chance. Biggest leaves I've seen on a plant. The seeds are front Dr seeds the strain is super og kush

Irish063 likes this.
  12. Here are the leaves I talked about. Didn't have a tape measure around for scale so grabbed closes shit. Had to chop them they were to close to soil, was blocking air circulation.

20180813_184153.jpg
    20180813_184135.jpg
    Jack og, hawkman and McNaughty like this.
  13. Awesome!!!

14. hawkman

hawkman

strain ? must be an indica dominate plant

15. It's Dr seeds super og kush. Definitely indica Dom. Every leaf on the thing have been pretty big. It's a 15 inch bush.

16. Madbud

Madbud

Looks like a maple kush :)

hawkman likes this.
  17. I’m an outdoor grower and some of the fan leaves

18. Well grown plants in early veg make big fan leaves. Later when shaded by newer foliage, they will yellow and dry up, recycling the nutrients. This one is from a blue dream still in veg but is shaded by other leaves

D4FEFE1E-EF91-4297-B61E-91AD74140CE2.jpeg
    Jbellsmoke likes this.
  19. Jack og

Jack og

Hope it’s female! I had a kush throw a leaf about 11” across! As a baby, I was like yeah, till the fucker dropped nuts! Lol, I kept him as a breeder, he is dropping some pollen here soon, gonna cross with a pure haze I have in flower.

hawkman and Jbellsmoke like this.
  20. Jack og

Jack og

Here is he with his pre-pubs going

993A0A89-7FD2-4743-8D7E-819A5446DD8F.jpeg
    hawkman likes this.