Humidifiers

• Thread starter Cashcrop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashcrop

Cashcrop

i have a 4x4 grow tent with 5 plants in my room.im in bloom phase. The humidity at the canopy level is 45-50 % perfect. But the humidity at the base is like 60-70.%. So I want to buy a humidifyer for my room. What size would I need to get ? Like at least one that collects 50 pints? I've wasted money on some smaller ones that do nothing.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

i have a 4x4 grow tent with 5 plants in my room.im in bloom phase. The humidity at the canopy level is 45-50 % perfect. But the humidity at the base is like 60-70.%. So I want to buy a humidifyer for my room. What size would I need to get ? Like at least one that collects 50 pints? I've wasted money on some smaller ones that do nothing.
You want a dehumidifier...
a humidifier puts moisture in the air.
A dehuey removes it...
BUT IMO
if you have 2 different rh in a 4x4 tent then you have inadequate exhaust or air flow/fans or both...

Cashcrop

Cashcrop

Yes I know I need a dehumidifier I wasn't paying attention to what I was writing. But my exhaust should be more than adequate I have a bigger filter than I need. Maybe I lack air flow at the bottom. Would a 30 pint dehumidifier be enough or should I go with a 70 pint.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yes I know I need a dehumidifier I wasn't paying attention to what I was writing. But my exhaust should be more than adequate I have a bigger filter than I need. Maybe I lack air flow at the bottom. Would a 30 pint dehumidifier be enough or should I go with a 70 pint.
Post a pic of your set up. U got room in a 4x4 for a 70 pint dehumidifier? ??

The Terps

The Terps

Unless you room temp is mid to low 60s you want to raise your humidity not lower it though. Look up "vpd" . But a 30 pint should be large enough if you decide that's the route you want to go however. My room is never bellow 55% and that's in the low 70

Cashcrop

Cashcrop

You want a dehumidifier...
a humidifier puts moisture in the air.
A dehuey removes it...
BUT IMO
if you have 2 different rh in a 4x4 tent then you have inadequate exhaust or air flow/fans or both...
No I don't have room for anything in the tent it's filled to the max. I would put the dehumidifier in my room and just open the flaps at the bottom of the the tent. So I basically set my room temp at the temp I need inside the tent. And because the tent isint sealed it usually works.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
How did everything work out ? Would love an update . Im experiencing the same issues .
A 30 pint will dehumidify a room just as good as a 50 pint, a 50 pint just holds more water and needs to be emptied less often. When you get into the bigger dehueys they will work on larger rooms but a 30 pint will keep a small basement at 50% rh for a full day before needing to be emptied.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I love my deheuy with the pump. Hate the one I have to empty daily.

I'm sure my cramped veg room have varying rh levels at different heights. My flower room is 3x3 bigger. So I'm betting the rh is about the same. I've never thought about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom