Hydro Newb,please Help Choose A System

• Thread starter cheeseofchad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheeseofchad

i have grown in soil for years and never tried hydro ever...i think im ready to take the plunge!

i have 2-4' x 4' x 7' flower tents,one HAS 1000 WATT HPS/MH LIGHT,THE OTHER 600 WATT HPS/MH LIGHT,I USE ONE EXAUST FAN FOR BOTH TENT AND IT WORKS VERY WELL
I KNOW THERE ARE DIFFERENT TYPES OF HYDRO,BUT IM LOOKING FOR THE CHEAPEST,SIMPLEST SYSTEM FOR A SMALL SPACE GROWER.

can anyone please offer my some input as to what the best system for me to use?

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

dwc is nice cause you don't need anything like coco or other Soilless methods. you can do a whole grow with a pH kit, 3 bottle nutrient combo, cal-mag bottle, and I would make sure to get hydro-guard or something to help protect from root rot and cyanobacteria (causes brown slimy roots). something to pump oxygen like an aquarium pump, bucket/top, net pot and lava rock. that's how I would do dwc. I don't right now cause soil is cheaper grow, you can go through the nute bottles fast once they get to a good size and can take more. dwc also is the fastest way to veg.

Hydro head

Hydro head

I use nft, only use 3 types of nutes, ionic grow for veg, bloom and boost for flower, ph balances quite well and once you suss what your doing it's easy to maintain, I'm sure others find their way just as easy once you no what you are doing, it's personal preference really, just research all methods and see what looks best for your needs, you can set up most methods without breaking the bank.

Top Bottom