Hydrogen Peroxide....

• Thread starter n3v3RsLAkiN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I too am wondering this. I have some 28% h202 and would like to clean and sterilize my lines and buckets. What amount should i use per gallon to do this? No plants in the system.

Aligee

Aligee

yes id dilute it bout 5-10 ml per gallon use gloves or it will bleach & burn your skin protect your eyes too !!! pyhsan 20 is also highly recommended to clean/sterilize with..good luck. Ali G.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

You can, but I would go with Physan 20 for sterilization. H2O2 breaks down pretty quick. Not only is it not very good for oxygenating your res (despite what you read on weed forums) it isn't the best sterelizer either. A bottle of Physan 20 is a good thing to have on hand if you are doing hydro. You can use it for cleanup and you can use it on live plants to deal with things like root rot.

pugliese63

pugliese63

You can, but I would go with Physan 20 for sterilization. H2O2 breaks down pretty quick. Not only is it not very good for oxygenating your res (despite what you read on weed forums) it isn't the best sterelizer either. A bottle of Physan 20 is a good thing to have on hand if you are doing hydro. You can use it for cleanup and you can use it on live plants to deal with things like root rot.

Thanks for that bit of advice. I run H2O2 in my res because it stays right around 78 degrees with the understanding that it is helping with the oxygen content. I've been considering getting a res chiller and eliminating the H2O2. Will be picking up a bottle of Physan 20 in the near future. Thanks again.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

If Phsayn is unavailable, what concentrations should i use the h202 to clean and sterilize things?

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
What amount per gallon should I use on live plant to help deal with root rot and should I use the 28% h2o2

J

Jalisco Kid

28%, I have my clients spraying 35% on the roots and run naccosan thru the system. I leave it on for about 15 min then rinse. But my system has access to the root zone.

neverbreak

neverbreak

they don't find 35% too strong on the roots?

neverbreak

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

28%, I have my clients spraying 35% on the roots and run naccosan thru the system. I leave it on for about 15 min then rinse. But my system has access to the root zone.

All I have access to in my location is 29% sorry not 28. I have access to the root zone, but I am looking to sterilize and clean the system before introducing plants. The only products I have access to are bleach, with I don't know how to use, and h202 which i don't know how to use.

J

Jalisco Kid

Get peroxide/and acids from a lab suppy store. Better quality and cheaper. Fuck hydroponic stores. Bleach is good to use but requires a lot of rinsing. Grow More's naccosan or Physan 20 both you can google and order online. I like the physan after I run bleach thru first,because it bubbles/foams up and gets in crevis's that might hide something. I usually leave that flooded as high as I can for 24 hours. JK
Read university sites on greenhouse management.

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Jk on that naccosan do you run full strength 1 TableSpoon per gallon

J

Jalisco Kid

they don't find 35% too strong on the roots?

neverbreak
I mist my roots with it, this would be done only on sick plants. I then rinse the roots 15 min later, remove the trash,and wait for about 3 days to see new growth. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

Jk on that naccosan do you run full strength 1 TableSpoon per gallon
I am not at home so I do not know the dosage but on my pipes I would say I run it twice as hot as required. I did not mention it but I also soak my pipes with Carefree's pond protector.

n3v3RsLAkiN

n3v3RsLAkiN

thanks for all the feed back! i ended up getting a bottle of bloom 50% and it works great!

Photo0062
5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

btw h2o2 adds o2 because it has an unstable oxygen molecule

Top Bottom