Hydroponic Kits Or Systems

• Thread starter RBIJR72
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RBIJR72

G'Morning from California! *FIRES*
I was hoping someone can help me decide on a hydroponic kit/system. There are so many, I can't pull the trigger on just one.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I will be growing indoor in a 10×15 bedroom. Running 4 600watt LED lights. I'm looking at 12 to 8 plant system. Thank you kindly!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Not to be rude but if you don’t know exactly what you are looking for then the chances of using one successfully are minimal. Don’t get me wrong hydro systems are fine if you know what you are doing. But the minute something goes wrong it can snowball in a hurry.

Again not trying to deter you from one I just hope you have some growing experience to fall back on. And if you do then you should have it narrowed down to just a few systems and from there you can get opinions on features, quality, easy of use, maintainability, etc.

I wish you the best of luck either way.

PS: Theres plenty of people who are actively using hydro systems. Take a look around and check em out as they are used. Read the threads to see if they complain about anything or figured out any cool tips or tricks you can use. The best way is to just pick the one that looks best to you and start googling opinions about it. The search feature and google are very handy for this. Once you’ve narrowed it down then ask what people here think about it.

R

RBIJR72

Not to be rude but if you don’t know exactly what you are looking for then the chances of using one successfully are minimal. Don’t get me wrong hydro systems are fine if you know what you are doing. But the minute something goes wrong it can snowball in a hurry.

Again not trying to deter you from one I just hope you have some growing experience to fall back on. And if you do then you should have it narrowed down to just a few systems and from there you can get opinions on features, quality, easy of use, maintainability, etc.

PS: Theres plenty of people who are actively using hydro systems. Take a look around and check em out as they are used. Read the threads to see if they complain about anything or figured out any cool tips or tricks you can use. The best way is to just pick the one that looks best to you and start googling opinions about it. The search feature and google are very handy for this. Once you’ve narrowed it down then ask what people here think about it.

Thanks for the reply JWM2. I've been growing indoor(1run) and currently on my first run in a greenhouse. Still a beginner but love it! I will continue to research and read..thanks man!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh that's good. I wasn't trying to give a lecture or anything it's just i've seen many people try and grow for their first time without any previous experience. That experience will help tremendously. Anyhow good luck on your adventure and i'm sure others can chime in with their recommendations. Do you have any preference as far as grow methods or hydro systems? Ebb & Flo (Fill & Drain), DWC, Drip, etc?

R

RBIJR72

Oh that's good. I wasn't trying to give a lecture or anything it's just i've seen many people try and grow for their first time without any previous experience. That experience will help tremendously. Anyhow good luck on your adventure and i'm sure others can chime in with their recommendations. Do you have any preference as far as grow methods or hydro systems? Ebb & Flo (Fill & Drain), DWC, Drip, etc?
As a new grower, I take constructive criticism like water. It's the only way to learn...ha
So many hydro systems to choose from, that's why i started the thread...I'm learning towards the bubble effect systems..haha

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

The DWC system at growweedeasy dot com is a good place to start. Its simple, cheap, and works very well. For a larger setup, a recirculating connected DWC system with a reservoir is good. Hydro grows great weed, and is totally worth the effort, IMO. I grow both hydro and soil, and find hydro easier to keep tuned to excellence. But I've been doing it since 1978. If you go down this path, don't skimp on airstones, and get ppm and pH pens to measure the nutes. Run your nutes no more than 3/4 manufacturuer recommended strength to start. I use General Hydroponics Trio for nutes, with excellent results.

R

RBIJR72

The DWC system at growweedeasy dot com is a good place to start. Its simple, cheap, and works very well. For a larger setup, a recirculating connected DWC system with a reservoir is good. Hydro grows great weed, and is totally worth the effort, IMO. I grow both hydro and soil, and find hydro easier to keep tuned to excellence. But I've been doing it since 1978. If you go down this path, don't skimp on airstones, and get ppm and pH pens to measure the nutes. Run your nutes no more than 3/4 manufacturuer recommended strength to start. I use General Hydroponics Trio for nutes, with excellent results.
Thanks O.M.R., appreciate the heads up big time. I'm still new to the grow game ( 1 indoor run ) and now I'm running a greenhouse.
I just figured that hydroponic will be better than soil..thanks again man!!

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

T
I just figured that hydroponic will be better than soil..thanks again man!!

You can grow great weed either way. I use soil outside, hydro inside. The weed doesn't care which one, as long as you're doing it right.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

BTW, I used the growweedeasy setup in the middle link in my sig, if you want to see what one looks like

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Though I have never run them myself, hempy buckets may be another option for you. They are kinda a hybrid system between soil and hydro. Or you can just use coco coir for your medium; as a medium itself it is inert and therefore constitutes hydroponics.

R

RBIJR72

Though I have never run them myself, hempy buckets may be another option for you. They are kinda a hybrid system between soil and hydro. Or you can just use coco coir for your medium; as a medium itself it is inert and therefore constitutes hydroponics.
Thanks for the heads up Smoking Gun!!!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Drain to waste (DTW) on some kind of table using rockwool/coco and drippers is prob going to be your best bet if you are new. You get the benefits of hydro without all the micro manage.

You can basically build the whole thing from lowes/home depot/amazon or buy the stuff from the hydro shop (like tables)

The other systems will work fine for a first time grower just if a problem arises it will be a lot harder for you to pinpoint and could lose a crop for stuff like dwc/recirc or ebb & flo (which I don't suggest unless you are doing it for veg. This is coming from a looong time Ebb and Flo dude)

Latest posts

Top Bottom