the only other way to get a sulfur deficiency
an over abundance of Calcium

so ...since VB has 10% Ca
and the company told me to run .3 calmg with VB
I am thinking I locked sulfur out
and since Sulfur is a really slow element
it takes a white to correct itself
so new growth it coming out green
old growth is straight neon green with a hint of gold while the veins remain green and the stems have slight pink hue

never again will I use anything with VB besides.........VB
not even the p/k booster....which seems way to high in the K department for coco
maybe if I was in rockwool but not coco

Since sulfur is semi mobile makes sense. The older leaves probably won't show much improvement since they prob got locked out of Calcium to an extent as well. That new growth looks good though. I hope it starts working well now for you buddy.

I hear those concerns on the high K for coco. 0-11-11 If I recall correctly but I'm thinking in the grand scheme of things .5-1g per gallon of it shouldn't be an overload of K but I can't say for sure yet. I'll definitely post my results with it after I use it this run. Hopefully all goes well.

I initially thought veg+bloom(8-5-13) itself had too much K in it considering the ratios but I have not seen any issues concerning that up to this point.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

never again will I use anything with VB besides.........VB
not even the p/k booster....which seems way to high in the K department for coco
maybe if I was in rockwool but not coco
Shine rocks my ladies in Coco. Don't be afraid to use it. Back when it was SIZE I used to run it with a home made MOAB and when SHINE hit the market I actually stopped using my MOAB and I am seeing better results than ever. No other booster has given me the rock hard density that I get with SHINE. I have absolutely NO complaints with my flowers. Dense, sticky and smelly.

Glad to hear you got things back on track, and it sucks that V+B tech support led you down the wrong path. Pretty sure it's just a matter of growing pains for them, as they have literally blown up in the last year.

I use two additives other than V+B products. During Veg I use OSA 28, and during flower I use Anasazi Gold Fulvic......and that's it. I don't think I really NEED to use these products, but I do things a bit differently than most people and for me they make sense.

Another little tip. In Veg I use a 50/50 blend of TAP and HD to give my girls a little more Nitrogen

1220161956g

1220161955 2

Wisher619

Wisher619

Shine rocks my ladies in Coco. Don't be afraid to use it. Back when it was SIZE I used to run it with a home made MOAB and when SHINE hit the market I actually stopped using my MOAB and I am seeing better results than ever. No other booster has given me the rock hard density that I get with SHINE. I have absolutely NO complaints with my flowers. Dense, sticky and smelly.

Glad to hear you got things back on track, and it sucks that V+B tech support led you down the wrong path. Pretty sure it's just a matter of growing pains for them, as they have literally blown up in the last year.

I use two additives other than V+B products. During Veg I use OSA 28, and during flower I use Anasazi Gold Fulvic......and that's it. I don't think I really NEED to use these products, but I do things a bit differently than most people and for me they make sense.

Another little tip. In Veg I use a 50/50 blend of TAP and HD to give my girls a little more Nitrogen

View attachment 670208

View attachment 670210
yeah when I called I told them I run RO and that I didnt want to cut my water with Tap
so the tech said "Oh yeah we just tell people to use CaMg"
I said I didnt like it do to the extra N
he said "the N will be fine.....we tell everyone to use it.....it will work just fine"

so that was wack

but I see people like the Jungle Boys growing crazy flowers and they just use VB

so it has to work

justiceman

justiceman

So far Shine is working out for me without any issues. I was at 5g of base and 1g of shine but I tipped the ratios a bit. Currently at day 34 running 4.5g of base with 1.5g of shine per gal.

Chocolate Hashberry
img_8863-jpg.676751

DeadHead OG
img_8868-jpg.676752

S

surfLA

Hey guys, I'm really liking the results everyone is posting with Veg+Bloom line but I'm a little confused. How is it cheap? I usually use about 8ml/gal of any base, Botanicare sweet @ 5ml/gal, Big Bud @ 6ml/gal and HH/Moab combo. I always go on the lower end with nutes because I like to stay around 1000 ppms. When I do the math on what I pay per gal it's cheaper then Veg+Bloom complete line. . It comes out to about .20 per gal compared to .30 for Veg+Bloom with their 2 additives. (Thats doing the math on the lower end of what they recommend) So why should I pay 50% more? Lmk what you guys think the difference is. I also make caps tea and use cal mag, but since everyone else on this forum uses this with Veg+Bloom I am not applying it to the overall cost. I'm willing to pay more if it's worth it.

xeamonk

xeamonk

I must be the only person who hasn't been able to use VB correctly
I run coco and no matter what ec or with/without Calmg/cut with tap etc........my plants immediately start to look like hot garbage
odd

but looks good man

thanks man i appreciate that
im pretty new to growing and this is my first time using strictly RO as a starting point, so i dont have much to compare it with. i pretty much found out if i mixed it up to around 1.0ec and kept with their water hardness recommendation the pH took care of itself and i just tried to feed low. this would be the lowest ive fed anything in bloom so far. i love it.

xeamonk

xeamonk

ehh hem...

the pH did not take care of itself
i made certain it was as close to 6.0 as possible, within reason, i didnt have to use much pH down, 2-3 drops, sometimes none at all which at first seemed a bit suspicious. :) i feel like i hit a fortunate water combination and if i had to change anything id start with my environment controls first, which of course is already happening n my mind.

W

whocares

thanks man i appreciate that
im pretty new to growing and this is my first time using strictly RO as a starting point, so i dont have much to compare it with. i pretty much found out if i mixed it up to around 1.0ec and kept with their water hardness recommendation the pH took care of itself and i just tried to feed low. this would be the lowest ive fed anything in bloom so far. i love it.

Thats pretty interesting. Ive used ro/soft with straight ro water, ive tried adding calmag to the ro water before the vb and ive used it with my tap that is .3ec. The only dofference i noticed was with ro water as a base it was much easier to ph feeds. With the tap as the base it takes a ton To adjust

I never have good luck running that low of an ec. I always run 1.5-1.7ec. Im in straight coco 3gal pots feeding once a day til runoff.

I dont see how you can go that low. Do you really run 1.0ec in the middle of flower? They recommend 4-5grams per gallon and when i use ro/soft formula i get about .25ec per gram so...

Tap= .3ec
4grams ro/soft_= 1.0ec
1gram shine=.2ec
Total= 1.5ec

Last edited:
xeamonk

xeamonk

Thats pretty interesting. Ive used ro/soft with straight ro water, ive tried adding calmag to the ro water before the vb and ive used it with my tap that is .3ec. The only dofference i noticed was with ro water as a base it was much easier to ph feeds. With the tap as the base it takes a ton To adjust

I never have good luck running that low of an ec. I always run 1.5-1.7ec. Im in straight coco 3gal pots feeding once a day til runoff.

I dont see how you can go that low. Do you really run 1.0ec in the middle of flower? They recommend 4-5grams per gallon and when i use ro/soft formula i get about .25ec per gram so...

Tap= .3ec
4grams ro/soft_= 1.0ec
1gram shine=.2ec
Total= 1.5ec

going into bloom i had everything @ 1.2ec and it was looking right so naturally i proceed to ramp the feed. i got it up to 1.4ec around week 3 or 4 and i start seeing tips. bringing the feed down to 1.0ec i expected to ramp back up at some point but they stayed good. im running 5 different plants and 3 strains so i chose to keep it low for the light feeders and let the hogs suffer a few pale leaves

also im only running 400w, are you using a sealed room with co2?

very nice garden BTW

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Although I switched to Emerald Harvest full line, I still have 2#s of V +B, so I bought NPK Bloom Formula (dry powder) for when I try V + B again.

Top Bottom