Hydroponic Scrog

• Thread starter rbarter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rbarter

First, I am an absolute newbie when it comes to growing. That said, I would like to share my experience and find out where I can improve. So far: 26 days in veg, switched to 12/12 light schedule and started ramping from veg to flower nutrients over several days.

I started with a White Tahoe Cookie Clone on July 15. If I had been smarter, I would have started with a smaller clone and started Low Stress Training earlier.

Helens first night

Next is an image from August 11, the day I switched to 12/12 lighting. The grow pot is a stainless steel food service steam tray container. I'm using a drip system over hydroton pebbles.

Hydroponic scrog 2

Here is today's image:
Hydroponic scrog 3

A couple of things I learned so far:
  1. Start LST earlier
  2. Switch to Flower earlier (I completely missed the fact that the plant would still grow during the transition to flower)
  3. Shallower, broader grow pot to give more headroom
  4. Move scrubber and fan to outside of cabinet
  5. Exhaust from top and recirculate to bottom as necessary to control temperature/humidity.
Here is a temperature profile showing cycling of the fan to maintain temperature (right side of chart), but still not enough.
24 hour temperatures

Comments/questions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Junk

Junk

So are you saying your temps go up to 84? 74 - 76 is usually ideal. Occasionally higher, but u will know the right temp bc the plants will look happy. 84 isn't horrendous, but the meds will be smellier if grown in a lower temp.

If it is that hot, I would remove any superfluous heat-making pieces from the tent. If you move the fan/filter outside, and have the fan pulling, remove that pre-filter.

If that's the tent size, I'm not sure a larger pot will be useful. It will grow a larger plant, but you don't appear to have the space.

You look like you've got a good handle on it. If your temps are getting to 84, that would be the thing I would work on. Temps of 74-76 for the entire run....the end product is much better. That would be the "next level" for you.

Top Bottom