I Called Fluence..

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freshone

Freshone

I called Fluence and got alot of information from them. Felt like sharing some of it..

1. THEY USE A 2.5 METER SPHERE... They have one in shop. If you live in Texas, you may walk in and look at it if you like.. Their specs are based on the sphere. Hopefully that clears things up with those who think they dont.

2. Some of the reasons why they're twice the price.. Warranty.. 2 extra years vs HLG and PLC.
Cost of manufacturing.. Unlike everyone that uses fixed sizes, they have spreadable, bendable, detachable bars for user preference. The cost is far greater on their end to build. Their light spectrum has more blues and reds and has higher intensity overall for all bands compared to HLG550s and plc 6.2.. They are more efficient then HLG 550s and the plc 6.2. I don't remember how much more he said but it wasnt that much for me to be impressed. There were alot more reasons, but they have to do with catering then quality and efficiency of the actual lights.

3. They upgrade their light every 6 months. This year it was water proofing connectors.. End of this year, a more programmable dimmer. They dont expect anything new anytime soon. Just improvements for the near future so dont expect to have the same effect as one would with a cell phone.

From everything I gather, their price has nothing to do with stupid consumers like some here have claimed. It's all about their marketing and who they market. They target mostly big professional grow shops. Their pitch is, Save thousands a year on electric with the most efficient and superb quality LEDs on the market hands down. Which really is THOUSANDS if you think about how much electric goes for using non led lights with a massive grow.

They're really good lights. Better then anything else on the market. But they're meant for specific growers who's benefits would far exceed that of a hobbyist. Their price is perfectly fine if thats the market your in and has nothing to do with consumer stupidity keeping them afloat.

Just felt like I owed ya'll some information after bugging everyone about it..

If you think I should have asked something specific, let me know. I'll call back later and ask. I'm still probably going to purchase them so I'll be calling them anyways.
You are a used car salesmans dream!lol.

P

PassTheJ

You are a used car salesmans dream!lol.
I don't get it..

This all started when I made a thread asking what are the best LED lights in the world. After 5 pages, we got down to Spyder Plus, HLG550s, and the PLC 6.2..

Since then... A Zoo.. Still trying to figure out how to approach this. Im at a point where I'm about 2 buy all 3..

sixstring

sixstring

Let me know when you find some good weed pics under those fluence fixtures lmao
IMG 20180410 185757855
IMG 20180403 185820704

Freshone

Freshone

I don't get it..

This all started when I made a thread asking what are the best LED lights in the world. After 5 pages, we got down to Spyder Plus, HLG550s, and the PLC 6.2..

Since then... A Zoo.. Still trying to figure out how to approach this. Im at a point where I'm about 2 buy all 3..
No this all started when you claimed 3 pounds off blurples,lol.
Seriously you should consider talking to stephen at HLG and dan(i think) at PLC also if those are the 3 lights you are considering but then again spydrs are the best light in the world so why bother right?
Im not knocking fluence or anyone elses light,they all grow weed but do you really beleive that because one cost twice as much its twice as good?Do you think bendable or adjustable bars are more important than the actual diodes and drivers?If you have a sphere why not post test results?Things that make you go HMMMM.

P

PharmHand

View attachment 793358 View attachment 793359
08DF202D 3235 48BC AE47 8C86810E61A6
Check out meowyjane on IG. There are lots of guys using them on a commercial scale absolutely crushing it. But..... believe it or not, in terms of usable plant growth light per watt that translates directly to bud growth in real world conditions there is little to no electricity saved compared to de gavitas in terms of money made/ saved. Even meowy/fluence admitted that....Maybe on bulb replacement and in certain climates(outside your warehouse)

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I'm not familiar with it,toss up a link to the specific model would like to check it out.there was a time right after I got my Mars panel I had wished I got a black dog.

Yeah don't get me wrong,I would like to see someone get one and document the grow here.i just feel like 2 bucks plus per watt is too expensive for any light.

Here's my very first bloom (vegged under HO t5s) using my 2014 BML SPYDR 600 (~ 360w) with personally selected diodes. Started using it again in 2017 (pic #3): I find CoBs need to be higher up than my F & D system leaves room for in my tents, although I could scrog/lst

SPDR 600
IMG 2416
IMG 3715

P

PassTheJ

No this all started when you claimed 3 pounds off blurples,lol.
Seriously you should consider talking to stephen at HLG and dan(i think) at PLC also if those are the 3 lights you are considering but then again spydrs are the best light in the world so why bother right?
Im not knocking fluence or anyone elses light,they all grow weed but do you really beleive that because one cost twice as much its twice as good?Do you think bendable or adjustable bars are more important than the actual diodes and drivers?If you have a sphere why not post test results?Things that make you go HMMMM.

Claim? No. 2.85 pounds at last batch after 40 day dry in my 8x4 with 15 3 gallon pots with no LST, or supercropping and 2k watts out the wall. 68° night, 84° Day, early morning reds into blue and evening reds before sleep. Just topped 3 times over. Didn't do much except follow my usual general hydroponic expert soil guide and that's about it. I avg anywhere from 2.4 - 2.8 a grow. Get rid of 2 and keep the rest for myself. Just told you my grow in a nut shell. Very simple and straight.

This batch was my first where I decided to lst and supercrop and its creating a serious problem with my burples because they recover forever.. Burple works great if you dont much with it your plants.

Believe me.. Dont believe me.. Either way I make 4k a grow and have enough left over till next harvest..

Did it enough times where I can now afford to convert my room and purchase some serious lights.

View attachment 793358 View attachment 793359

Cant argue that. Not to many pics or YouTube vids. Them plc 6.2 are amazing. Maybe a 550 and 6.2 to finish this run and then 2 spyders for the the rest of the room..

P

PassTheJ

From last run. 15 jars. Avg 3 oz a plant. Have 9 jars left. After this weekend I'll be down to maybe 3 jars for myself.

Strains were Girl Scout, Master Kush, Ak47 and White Russian.

20180417 123406
P

PassTheJ

And with my new lights I plan on doing even less. No topping, no lst, no super cropping. Just feeding. Shove 60 1 gallon pots into an 8x8, 2 weeks in my clone machine, 30 day veg, then bloom till read. This way they'll fill my canopy naturally without me having to do much. It worked with my burples, itll work even better with these.

sixstring

sixstring

View attachment 793392 Check out meowyjane on IG. There are lots of guys using them on a commercial scale absolutely crushing it. But..... believe it or not, in terms of usable plant growth light per watt that translates directly to bud growth in real world conditions there is little to no electricity saved compared to de gavitas in terms of money made/ saved. Even meowy/fluence admitted that....Maybe on bulb replacement and in certain climates(outside your warehouse)

Well even though that is a nice grow and I have seen their work on IG ,they are using the lights wrong imo.they hung them high like a de and that's not how led works best.specifically mid power diodes like these.now 100w cobs,yes hang those up at 30in but these fluence and quantum boards should be within 18in of the canopy.plus it appears they ran out of money and spaced those light bars way too far apart from each other.now you lower those down and keep 700w over each 4x4 area and I have no doubt they will yield as good or better than 1000w of hps.another factor is uvb and some of these led co using too much,can actually lower yields.theres very little uv in a hps lamp and for the last 30 years all we heard was how great the yield and quality was.i don't follow the crowd,I'm a do it myself kind of guy and I can see in my own garden and listen to my patients and they will consistently tell me bud from cob only,no uv whatsoever is better than bud from hps,hps and mh so I really won't keep on about these high priced fixtures lol.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well even though that is a nice grow and I have seen their work on IG ,they are using the lights wrong imo.they hung them high like a de and that's not how led works best.specifically mid power diodes like these.now 100w cobs,yes hang those up at 30in but these fluence and quantum boards should be within 18in of the canopy.plus it appears they ran out of money and spaced those light bars way too far apart from each other.now you lower those down and keep 700w over each 4x4 area and I have no doubt they will yield as good or better than 1000w of hps.another factor is uvb and some of these led co using too much,can actually lower yields.theres very little uv in a hps lamp and for the last 30 years all we heard was how great the yield and quality was.i don't follow the crowd,I'm a do it myself kind of guy and I can see in my own garden and listen to my patients and they will consistently tell me bud from cob only,no uv whatsoever is better than bud from hps,hps and mh so I really won't keep on about these high priced fixtures lol.

I did not know you had better feedback from patients with cobs. Quarter Boards same?

How high above the canopy does the pacific light works unit need to be. It is meant for a 4x4 space. (Pl6?). Can’t remember the model name.

My fridge took a crap and I just got a new one so I need to wait a minute on upgrades but I am learning a lot I needed to know. Thank you.

I wish timing had worked out. They were selling them for $750 for 4/20. Had 7 left the other night. Best deal I can find.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here is the link @sixstring

Or would qb’s be better with low ceiling height. I keep 18” now with 600’s.

P

PassTheJ

Ok well I'm getting the feeling that comparing the spyder to anything twice less in price makes everything much harder.

I'm really liking the plc 6.2. So if you would compare the 550s and the 6.2, which would one go for?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok well I'm getting the feeling that comparing the spyder to anything twice less in price makes everything much harder.

I'm really liking the plc 6.2. So if you would compare the 550s and the 6.2, which would one go for?

I would like to hear pros and cons between them too. Canopy height and penetration particularly.

Informative thread this turned out. :-)

P

PassTheJ

I would like to hear pros and cons between them too. Canopy height and penetration particularly.

Informative thread this turned out. :)

Well I spent 15 minutes reading a large thread on rollitup titled plc 6 vs HLG550 from mid 2017..
Almost everyone concurred that the 550s were far superior and plc customer service was compared to the DMV.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well I spent 15 minutes reading a large thread on rollitup titled plc 6 vs HLG550 from mid 2017..
Almost everyone concurred that the 550s were far superior and plc customer service was compared to the DMV.

I can find that. I’ll check it out. Thanks.

Leew421

Leew421

Current flower area 4 weeks for most of it. 5x9x9. 2 spydrx plus. Right side I added 4 ft fixtures playing with more light spectrum from reds and messing with UV. Right now I have it rigged for 2 different reds. Left side is 36 1 gallon clones other side is 8 plants in 3 gallon and 9 1 gallon clones. I got these staggered so the first run is 31 1 gallon and 8 3 gallon. I have since adjusted some of these and had to raise the lights again on the left. The rest will be there for me to fill around. I went out of town for two weeks and it's taking me a bit to get back on schedule. I'm still harvesting every month, just not as much as I want...yet.

20180415 202942
Top Bottom