I Called Fluence..

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leew421

Leew421

For me I looked at the cost of maintenance and electric to make them work. I plan on moving to the Big Island next June so that will be a huge plus to have efficient energy savings and high output lights. At the end of the day, par is par. Results vary depending on grower and what they are after on the style of plants they want to keep. Some like huge bushes and some want to run smaller plants. It's the quality of flower that is what we want. I'm sure I might do a Cobb build later.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
No one said they were bad lights or people bought them cuz they are stupid,I said overall most consumers do so out of impulse and don't research properly or determine actual necessity of purchases,they are good/great lights that are overpriced slightly but that's simply a majority opinion of some people here,it's not going to stop people who have the money and want a Spyder from buying one and I don't believe anyone here is trying to stop anyone from buying whatever they want to.
thy are def pricey based on the average hobbyist and tent grower. I agree there. Typically fluence is moving their hardware to the big boys with deep pockets and research labs. I am def onboard with the fact that they manufacture the units here in the states ........ Rather than support Chinas economy

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Plants DO actually use the ir portion of the spectrum for plant growth, believe it or not- it’s not simply heat. From uvb to ir and everything in between is all used for growth when multiple or all wavelengths are present. It’s a synergistic effect. No arrogance intended just sharin needles, I mean knowledge:)
sharin needles... broski your whacked :D lmao.......

D

DrDankPHD

View attachment 793392 Check out meowyjane on IG. There are lots of guys using them on a commercial scale absolutely crushing it. But..... believe it or not, in terms of usable plant growth light per watt that translates directly to bud growth in real world conditions there is little to no electricity saved compared to de gavitas in terms of money made/ saved. Even meowy/fluence admitted that....Maybe on bulb replacement and in certain climates(outside your warehouse)

There a lot of guys using fluence failing. Again you need to know how to grow with led.

I think if your first led grow go for one with higher canopy distance. Fluence spyderx plus 6 to 12 inches.

I think the easiet way to start Led is with a cob. Start with 50 watt cob and go from there. Get decent par meter I like apogee.

P

PharmHand

There a lot of guys using fluence failing. Again you need to know how to grow with led.

I think if your first led grow go for one with higher canopy distance. Fluence spyderx plus 6 to 12 inches.

I think the easiet way to start Led is with a cob. Start with 50 watt cob and go from there. Get decent par meter I like apogee.
There’s a lot of guys using everything failing, it ain’t the light

BombBP

BombBP

There’s a lot of guys using everything failing, it ain’t the light
Fa sho! Last grow I was fucking some plants up under COBs. Had to get my soil mix right to grow under the COBs. The require far less nutes under the HIDs.

Leew421

Leew421

Osram now owns Fluence and they will be running the ag side of the business. Maybe we see a bright future in the pairing!

T

TwisTer46290

if money is no object get chu sum !!!
Can't find much about PGT, think they're a better investment than the Spydrx? They have the PGT on sale at our hydro store for 1500, thinking about picking one up

Leew421

Leew421

If I did any other light I would have to choose Carson technologies

G gnome

G gnome

I called Fluence and got alot of information from them. Felt like sharing some of it..

1. THEY USE A 2.5 METER SPHERE... They have one in shop. If you live in Texas, you may walk in and look at it if you like.. Their specs are based on the sphere. Hopefully that clears things up with those who think they dont.

2. Some of the reasons why they're twice the price.. Warranty.. 2 extra years vs HLG and PLC.
Cost of manufacturing.. Unlike everyone that uses fixed sizes, they have spreadable, bendable, detachable bars for user preference. The cost is far greater on their end to build. Their light spectrum has more blues and reds and has higher intensity overall for all bands compared to HLG550s and plc 6.2.. They are more efficient then HLG 550s and the plc 6.2. I don't remember how much more he said but it wasnt that much for me to be impressed. There were alot more reasons, but they have to do with catering then quality and efficiency of the actual lights.

3. They upgrade their light every 6 months. This year it was water proofing connectors.. End of this year, a more programmable dimmer. They dont expect anything new anytime soon. Just improvements for the near future so dont expect to have the same effect as one would with a cell phone.

From everything I gather, their price has nothing to do with stupid consumers like some here have claimed. It's all about their marketing and who they market. They target mostly big professional grow shops. Their pitch is, Save thousands a year on electric with the most efficient and superb quality LEDs on the market hands down. Which really is THOUSANDS if you think about how much electric goes for using non led lights with a massive grow.

They're really good lights. Better then anything else on the market. But they're meant for specific growers who's benefits would far exceed that of a hobbyist. Their price is perfectly fine if thats the market your in and has nothing to do with consumer stupidity keeping them afloat.

Just felt like I owed ya'll some information after bugging everyone about it..

If you think I should have asked something specific, let me know. I'll call back later and ask. I'm still probably going to purchase them so I'll be calling them anyways.
Why wud u not put this in l.e.d. section?

T

TwisTer46290

If I did any other light I would have to choose Carson technologies
Carson Tech grow lights don't put out anymore than 750 par max, and that's just in one single area. The Spydrex put out 1200 in the middle, but can drop down to 600 in areas. The ProGrowTech is said to have an even 900 par over the whole canopy. Most the 5x5 light fixtures come out to be roughly $1500. I gota say, from what I have gathered, the ProGrowTech is the best led on the market today.

sixstring

sixstring

Chilledtech.com
Probably the best...and most expensive lol

T

TwisTer46290

Chilledtech.com
Probably the best...and most expensive lol
I looked at their site, they have a par schematic that hits 1000 in the middle, but two feet from center it quickly drops down to the 700's and in the 500's around the perimeter. As for the PGT they have an average of 900 par but I'm unsure of how it projects. I didn't do the math but I believe 900 average par is slightly more output than the ChillTechs. They both seem like good lights, just trying to figure out what LED I'm going with for the new set up.

sixstring

sixstring

I looked at their site, they have a par schematic that hits 1000 in the middle, but two feet from center it quickly drops down to the 700's and in the 500's around the perimeter. As for the PGT they have an average of 900 par but I'm unsure of how it projects. I didn't do the math but I believe 900 average par is slightly more output than the ChillTechs. They both seem like good lights, just trying to figure out what LED I'm going with for the new set up.

What size space are you trying to light up ? Tent or open room ?

T

TwisTer46290

What size space are you trying to light up ? Tent or open room ?
5x5 tent, I live in a older house that probably wouldn't be able to support anything other than an LED, I also live up stairs where it can get hot AF so that's another reason why I have to go for an LED. I've been spending the last month or so looking into it all, truthfully I wish I could just go with SunCast, I believe it's the way of the future!

T

TwisTer46290

I looked through some paper work I got from a ProGrowTech rep. One of the pieces of paper work had a infrared par reading of the light. It looks like a constant solid red over the whole reading except for the slightest end of the corners

Top Bottom