i dont care what anyone says 24 hour veg is HORRIBLE, tell me why u think different

• Thread starter OGKuShSAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OGKuShSAL

i tried 24 hour veg for a week plants were just super stressed, looked drained and i even lost 2 because of it. 18-20 hrs max that 4 to 6 hrs of pitch dark is needed. when i turn the lights on in the morning they always just look bigger and healthier compared to when i wake up in the morning and look at them from a 24 hr they look stressed. im using 1000w hps bout 2 ft away. who agrees who disagrees?

R

Rolln J

it wont kill your plants thats for sure - but I have never been convinced that you get that extra 20-25% growth for the extra 25% you pay in electricity...

i do run 24 hours on clones until they are rooted though.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
24 hours here for about 5 years no prob i think they stretch a bit on the other timing but it doesnt hurt em you must of did something wrong

S

SUPERBABY

i tried 24 hour veg for a week plants were just super stressed, looked drained and i even lost 2 because of it. 18-20 hrs max that 4 to 6 hrs of pitch dark is needed. when i turn the lights on in the morning they always just look bigger and healthier compared to when i wake up in the morning and look at them from a 24 hr they look stressed. im using 1000w hps bout 2 ft away. who agrees who disagrees?

well yeah...

if youre vegging under hps for 24 hours that might stress anything out..

hps conversion bulb, flouros, cfl's, MH...that's a different story

N

Nooz

24hr.veg isn't a problem, i use it in wintertime , not for grow but to keep a constant climate.
I've 2000w hps and in veg.time we use 400 or 600w.
1000w. => 2ft. isn't that to close,...sorry but i'm not that good in your imperial system.

D

Donk Frog

Your vegging too close to your lights:sign0065:, and I as well have use 24h veg for years now ...no problems...only my stuff that is going outside in the spring is done at 18/6:cool0041:

purpleberry

purpleberry

I use to run 18/6 and Im always trying new clones and seeds, and every so often something would freak out. Under 24h now and I havent had a problem since, I will never go back to 18/6 for mothers. Maybe when i veg under the 1000w or getting stuff ready for outside i would use 18/6

t.o.med

t.o.med

been running 24 for years now. i run really high humidity with 24 i can keep the room the same temp and humidity consistantly. no slow growth here you can see the difference in growth every 8 hours in my room.

O

Oregonic

ran a 600hps 24/7 for my current grow and everything did great! Kept the light close so didn't have any stretching and the didn't grow as fast as MH that's for sure but the goal was short healthy plants. I have also vegged a mom under a 150 hps and she did great also 24/7. Everything lived and some of these fan leaves on my 2' plants are about2" bigger then my hand in all directions!!!!

I don't care what anyone says, that is unless they have been growing longer or know more then me and there are plenty of the people out there!

It works for me, but like someone before me said why even post ur ? if you 'don't care what anyone says"?

I say this with love my brutha....... ur doing it wrong :D

K

Kennie_B

i tried 24 hour veg for a week plants were just super stressed, looked drained and i even lost 2 because of it. 18-20 hrs max that 4 to 6 hrs of pitch dark is needed. When i turn the lights on in the morning they always just look bigger and healthier compared to when i wake up in the morning and look at them from a 24 hr they look stressed. Im using 1000w hps bout 2 ft away. Who agrees who disagrees?

lmao! Ha! Ha!

S

SkyHi

Lol might as well chaulk one up for the 24/7 team, i have no prob vegging under 24/7. YOU killed you plants lol not the light well at least no because it was on 24/7

J

jordisgarden

I have 3 spots. i did 24 in one. 18 in the other...the only dif was in the 18 i had a tiny bit more internodal spacing. thats it..

one other thing i noticed. in tthe 18 the plants were reaching for the sky. the 24 the leafs never pointed to the sky. i didnt come out of it thinking either one was better.
i flower under a 600 and 400 hps. surrounded by six 4 foot t8 floros. . i foliar feed then toss my girls a foot and a half from the lamps..
in the end the plant that was under 24 hours was just a smidge more compact. by not going 24 i seem to save some money on electricity. while getting basically the same yeild. using the 100 watt hps lamps and floros for side light iim more than compensating for the 8 dark hours.

G

GanjaSnake

I veg under 24hrs myself and find the plants grow thicker/bushier than when I run 18/6. 18/6 does allow the plant to gain more height in a shorter amount of time, but I get better yields with the bushier plants.

S

SUPERBABY

wow..I notice that my NL13 x OG Kush get a little droopy as the hours go on...

not too bad but noticeable to pappa...

then after the lights have been off for 6 hours, they have perked back up...

If 24/7 gives bushier plants, then I'll give er a go, but how can I do it without pissing off my plants?

Do I keep the light further away, or will they just get used to 24 hours of light after awhile?
:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom