i dont care what anyone says 24 hour veg is HORRIBLE, tell me why u think different

• Thread starter OGKuShSAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

EliteGrown

I disagree strongly with people doing 24 hrs. It’s not going to harm your plants at all. Just personal opinion based off science.

When dark periods are given for Plant Sleep. They use the energy they absorb during the “day” to put it to an easy term “grow” while lights are off”

20-4 light schedule will give you a tighter/closer node/head spacing.

18-6 will give you more spacing.

However if you continuously fim or top your plants then you will have a crazy amount of head. I been doing 16-9 to save on my bill as I operate a lot of rooms. And plants do great. Going near 13-14 hours might be pushing it and confuse them. Continuously fim and top is key. And give them some rest if you want them to stretch!

Wow 10 years later . Prob doesn’t help . Sorry about that.

DesertHeat

DesertHeat

been running 24 for years now. i run really high humidity with 24 i can keep the room the same temp and humidity consistantly. no slow growth here you can see the difference in growth every 8 hours in my room.
I want to run 1000W MH for 24hrs for vegging, what temp and humidity would you recommend?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I have been running 24/7, I remember running 18/6 before. I just added an extra timer to see what if any changes I notice - going to 20/4, and added a heating cooling controller to raise my temps (going to run between 78 as a high, set value of 76 - have to see what the low is .

I always had good luck with 24/7, but I’m willing to try adjustments especially when it saves money lol

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I do f do space heaters so if the pots get cold during lights out then they are getting left on. Daily cold stress just sucks for plants.

Yeah with the heating/cooling controller I could add a tiny space heater in the tent but at that rate I would just leave the lights on. I could increase the main room temp but I’m a cheap bastard with somthings

KrakenBudz

KrakenBudz

Well Currently I have been Vegging using 9w 120V grow LEDs per seedling and I can tell a gain when I went up from 18/6 to 24/0. Looking at about .5mm per 8 hours on 18/6 and about .62mm on 24/0.

Small study over my last 24 plants.

KrakenBudz

KrakenBudz

Well Currently I have been Vegging using 9w 120V grow LEDs per seedling and I can tell a gain when I went up from 18/6 to 24/0. Looking at about .5mm per 8 hours on 18/6 and about .62mm on 24/0.

Small study over my last 24 plants.
Over the first 5 weeks you gain about a weeks worth..

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

When is the sun out 24hrs? Just saying. 24 is great for rooting clones quickly other than that plants actually love a rest period and gives the plants a chnace to cool down

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Lol. I used to veg 24 until I saw not a big enough gain for the power being used and plants just always seem happier at 18/6

Yeah it’s half dozen in one hand and six in the other. Just depends on circumstances and goals.

I prolly should cut back to 18/6 but I’m using my t-5s as a heat source right now. It’s hard keeping the flowering section of my grow rack in the 70s without it.

There really is no wrong answer. Just use whatever works for you.

B

Burned Haze

Veg 17on/7off
Flower 11on/13 hours off

Power saver and I’ve seen zero no issues to plants in the room when I switched from 18/6, that extra hour add’s upp in power ! I could see people in cold climates not wanting this as much since heat is if not more costly but at least you could do that method in the summer to save some cash.

Top Bottom