I Hate Trimming

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I hate trimming. Please share your dislike here on like the tenth load and have only pulled like 70% of the colas. Haven’t hardly touched anything else. Rots killing me and the shits early but damn it still looks nice

I hate trimming

Madmax

Madmax

Trimmers are the unsung heroes of the world.i get some wicked scissor marks on my thumb and fingers..and my arm was frocking sore as ,keeping it in one position for hours and hurt like hell when i srraightened it ..lol.. tennis elbow..it would b funny if somebody asked "whats wrong with your arm buddy" ive got tennis elbow mate..oh you play tennis....no i trim buds :D..

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I hate trimming. Please share your dislike here on like the tenth load and have only pulled like 70% of the colas. Haven’t hardly touched anything else. Rots killing me and the shits early but damn it still looks nice

View attachment 832391
Ha! That’s been my pain for about a week now, but now, it’s the pain of “burping “ my babies lol! I thought I was done with babies..

no bals

no bals

I'll strip the fan leaves by hand either outdoors or in a room easy to sweep. Then I'll string wires across a room and dry the branches about a week to ten days at 50% humidity running dehumidifiers and fans in the room. Then throw those whole tops snipped into the big rubbermaid type tubs and "burp" them for the next couple of weeks, gently turning the colas from bottom to top every few days. Then I'll start my dry trim and jar up after it has cured a couple of months. Just don't tub up too early and forget to burp the tubs (it can mold). IMO the trichs are better preserved and the work load is spread out over months instead of days.
Been doing it that way for years and it beats the hell out of any wet trimming. In fact no wet trimming at all.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
It's just a bag!
Paper grocery work better.
I think this has a mesh inbetween the outer fabric and buds, the motion provides friction and causes the leaves to crumble into dust which is seperated by the mesh. I have never used one so i am not sure but seems like the principal of it is something like this.
What is the deal with paper bag? Is there a way to trim using paper bags? I am a curious guy :)

rootexcess

rootexcess

Have you ever checked out the TrimBag? Kinda cool.

I’ve never used one personally but it seems like a neat concept. I don’t mind hand trimming tho and usually trim when wet. So this wouldn’t work for me personally.

First off, let me say, not to be disrespectful, but I watched the video and that woman makes a terrible rep for that product lol

But more importantly, it seems to do an okay job, but if I'm going to use some kind of non-manual method of dry trimming I'd prefer using a machine. Also, I'm huge on sanitizing between batches and these would be more difficult to clean and sanitize than a machine trimmer. Both ultimately require a final manicure and both are going to cause a loss of trichomes, however, shaking them I believe would be more abusive than something like a Green Bros trimmer which is fairly gentle as far as machine trimmers go.

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Trimming the Necessary evil .. lol got 2 of 3 dried trimmed and curing still got one not ready to trimm and jar for curing yet..yikes on the Poor handling!! lol i won't let anyone trim my plants ,but I never had a crop Like Mrjiujitsu's :-) either ..

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

It was a quick dump before screen spread, wet trim and hang. Typically I do t drop them on the rug but I have a helper this year.... we’ll several helpers trimming but one newbie who just doesn’t understand handling ...
Some stellar growers that I look up to convinced me to do dry trimming. Just take the fan leaves and leave the rest. Then trim as you need it....

IT WAS A GAME CHAMBER FOR ME....

Then you can use something like toms tumbler ...or make your own like I did. I'm telling you ....it changed my life.

P.s. When you dry trim ...it makes the buds smell super dank ...
Screenshot 2018 06 16 19 07 35

greencraft

greencraft

I love my t4 Its one of the best purchases ive made makes the trimming process
much less of a chore just gotta keep it clean !

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I got a 19" bowl trimmer from Ipower..It makes trimming the Larf fast and easy..If you are not careful..it will happily eat your buds..I find that only 12-18 turns will trim to my liking..then on to hand trimming of the colas.

Trimming sux

Top Bottom