I Hate Trimming

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3 balls

3 balls

I did the same went halves on one with a buddy I normally trim wet I hand trim the big buds dry trimming
makes clean up easier but I prefer to wet trim . Saves a ton of time the key is not to overload it let the machine do its job and keep it clean and prep the buds properly .
From my experience
Wet tumbler is more efficient, way less touch up by hand, you're not losing any good stuff. But, and a huge but, even with drying racks, proper temps and RH, etc. the smell gets shot to hell.
Dry tumbler- I don't want to shoot myself or trimmers that don't show up, watch more tv than trim, etc. But, a lot more final touch up by hand and lost product-especially if you toss the trim.
If you know the secret to not losing smell I sure would love to hear it.

greencraft

greencraft

I dry my bud on racks low and slow no need to rush. I don't use the clear cut for blade and tumbler just
ice water thru a spray bottle or atomizer .

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
From my experience
Wet tumbler is more efficient, way less touch up by hand, you're not losing any good stuff. But, and a huge but, even with drying racks, proper temps and RH, etc. the smell gets shot to hell.
Dry tumbler- I don't want to shoot myself or trimmers that don't show up, watch more tv than trim, etc. But, a lot more final touch up by hand and lost product-especially if you toss the trim.
If you know the secret to not losing smell I sure would love to hear it.
Temp and humidity is the key to a successful harvest. Trimming wet marijuana the buds will secrete chlorophyll around the outside of the bud causing a bitter flavor ever so. And also can be the cause of “hay smelling” finished medicine. Dry trimming is by far more suppierior way to complete your harvest. I have a guy I take all my trim to he makes shatter for me, he prefers dry trim because the product comes out much more superior to wet trim that has been dried. I learned my method of drying by an extended amount of trial and error.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I dry my bud on racks low and slow no need to rush. I don't use the clear cut for blade and tumbler just
Hole hang the entire plant.

3 balls

3 balls

I'm glad it's working out for you. I never use clear cut. I tried adjusting temps, RH, airflow nothing worked for me.

3 balls

3 balls

Temp and humidity is the key to a successful harvest. Trimming wet marijuana the buds will secrete chlorophyll around the outside of the bud causing a bitter flavor ever so. And also can be the cause of “hay smelling” finished medicine. Dry trimming is by far more suppierior way to complete your harvest. I have a guy I take all my trim to he makes shatter for me, he prefers dry trim because the product comes out much more superior to wet trim that has been dried. I learned my method of drying by an extended amount of trial and error.
I cant argue, never had a problem hanging the whole plant and waiting. It's very tempting to wet trim with these machines. As far as the trim, the t4 comes with 2 catch bags the first catches coarse and the second is kief gold but where I'm at the laws for growing vs. processing are like jay walking vs. murder so I throw it out. Maybe the laws are like that everywhere I just know I don't want to mess with it.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I'm glad it's working out for you. I never use clear cut. I tried adjusting temps, RH, airflow nothing worked for me.
68f at 55% humidity. Slow dry, hang hole plant. Should take between 10-15 days to properly dry. And your that much ahead in curing. It has to be a controlled environment or it will not work correctly.

greencraft

greencraft

Sometimes what works for one person doesn't work for someone else . If I have only a few
plants to trim I hand trim, if I dry trim by hand or machine I end up sneezing and coughing then
the asthma kicks in . Wicked allergic to the weed makes my skin break out if it gets on it.

3 balls

3 balls

68f at 55% humidity. Slow dry, hang hole plant. Should take between 10-15 days to properly dry. And your that much ahead in curing. It has to be a controlled environment or it will not work correctly.
That's what I do. To clarify, I was asking in terms of wet machine trim, which I never had any luck with.

3 balls

3 balls

Sometimes what works for one person doesn't work for someone else . If I have only a few
plants to trim I hand trim, if I dry trim by hand or machine I end up sneezing and coughing then
the asthma kicks in . Wicked allergic to the weed makes my skin break out if it gets on it.
I'm sorry to hear that. You and my son are the only ones I've ever heard of having that. The poor guy has to wear a respirator to trim for my buddy- I wont let him trim for me. If he smokes he gets a nasty rash all over his body which kills me because he has a problem with alcohol. Good luck man

greencraft

greencraft

I'm sorry to hear that. You and my son are the only ones I've ever heard of having that. The poor guy has to wear a respirator to trim for my buddy- I wont let him trim for me. If he smokes he gets a nasty rash all over his body which kills me because he has a problem with alcohol. Good luck man
Im not allergic to using bud whether smoking or edibles tinctures etc, and I smoke plenty !

BudBogart

BudBogart

I’m old, I’m arthritic, and I’m done trying to hand trim. I’m building a drying, curing, trimming and storage shed. I’ve ordered a wet trim table top fan style to remove the bulk of leaves. I plan on making a handmade tumbler (think Toms Tumbler) for the bulk of dried bud. This should free up enough time that we can hand trim any prize colas we are lucky enough to produce. I have insulated the shed, put in a ceiling fan and will have a large dehumidifier with a drain to outside. Also, I treated myself to a moisture content meter to check individual bud moisture. Stoked for next (tomorrow) year! Happy new year to you all.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I’m old, I’m arthritic, and I’m done trying to hand trim. I’m building a drying, curing, trimming and storage shed. I’ve ordered a wet trim table top fan style to remove the bulk of leaves. I plan on making a handmade tumbler (think Toms Tumbler) for the bulk of dried bud. This should free up enough time that we can hand trim any prize colas we are lucky enough to produce. I have insulated the shed, put in a ceiling fan and will have a large dehumidifier with a drain to outside. Also, I treated myself to a moisture content meter to check individual bud moisture. Stoked for next (tomorrow) year! Happy new year to you all.

E

Elevated

I like the trim pro for fan leaves when green and then green bros for follow up when dry and bucked down. It's easy to get heaps done! One person can easily trim 4-7 lbs a day after run through green bros if not happy with look out of greenbroz

3 balls

3 balls

I like the trim pro for fan leaves when green and then green bros for follow up when dry and bucked down. It's easy to get heaps done! One person can easily trim 4-7 lbs a day after run through green bros if not happy with look out of greenbroz
The most efficient, best looking result, automated trimmer I've used is the Twister T4. But that was WET- No combination of air flow/movement, RH or temp would remedy the loss of aroma in my experience. I wish anybody the best of luck trying to master wet trimming but I'm convinced they need to be hung to dry with proper environmental controls. Then imo, Greenbroz takes the championship.

Latest posts

Top Bottom