I Have Been Given Responsibility For 100 Plants That Must Turn A Profit!

• Thread starter DoobieBro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieBro

DoobieBro

if you have seen my other threads you all know I've recently "inherited" from my kids the responsibility for 100 currently vegging plants. My family owns a business where the main public focus is CBD. However they (My kids), also own several grows some are in central Cal and run by someone very experienced. One is up here, I have limited experience. My "Bosses" plan is to build an expensive greenhouse very soon and within two weeks to cut and start clones, then transplant the vegging plants into their final pots, probably GEO Pots, unless you all have another recommendation.

The reason I'm here is due to the rest of my schedule and just the limitations of a 2-week goal so I'm going to have to find some premade organic soil - I won't medicate with anything that isn't 100% organic, so I don't want to grow anything that isn't. My "Bosses" only concern is turning a profit - I simply do not want compromise on things being 100% organic. Do you all have any recommendations on what soil where I can purchase it near Sacramento, CA. and what nutes and other stuff I can purchase all pre-made and fairly easy to use?

After my first harvest, I'm going to retire after 25-years with the State of CA. Then I can start focusing I building our own soil mix, teas, and other stuff. I simply need, too have a successful grow this time so that I can do it all better every time from here out.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Good luck. I’d start reading and searching all you can. I doubt too many will force feed you the info. But you never know.

DoobieBro

DoobieBro

Good luck. I’d start reading and searching all you can. I doubt too many will force feed you the info. But you never know.

I couldn't agree more. I'm just hoping because of the time restraints I've been given. I'm doing a lot of reading though!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The info is here and this is the best place to find it. Google also helps in a pinch and it never hurts to just sit down, read and take notes. It’s an uphill climb but it can be accomplished. There’s plenty of soil mixes here you can check out. Practically every grow diary has a few. Just take your time and never make decisions in panic mode. Never make big changes, always make changes in small increments if needed. Most grows are doomed by big changes in panic mode.

DoobieBro

DoobieBro

In the past when I started reading about this everyone was making a huge deal about Subcools super soil. Is this still the direction to take and is there a source where it can be purchased it until I can start my own.

scubascrog

scubascrog

In the past when I started reading about this everyone was making a huge deal about Subcools super soil. Is this still the direction to take and is there a source where it can be purchased it until I can start my own.
you gotta buy the stuff individually.......

the rrock

the rrock

Are your kids your "bosses"?How far away from harvest are they,or are they just getting started? How much soil do you need(yards,bags?) I get mine premade from a local nursery that caters to pot farmers up here.(santa cruz Co).
Its tough when you have a crazy time frame to work with,patience is usually a good thing growing weed but looks like you just have to blow and go to get em done.

DoobieBro

DoobieBro

Yes, my very successful adult offspring and an "adopted" family members are my "Bosses" LOL! Just a very brief background my son-in-law and daughter and their partner who I also consider family are my "Bosses" so to speak. They are very hands-on venture capitalists who have started businesses in different growth industries and then sold them off for a very tidy profit. This is their current venture and because they know how passionate I am about Medical Marijuana and CBD they brought me into the company. I also distribute some of our CBD and THC related products both wholesale and direct to patients.

The current 100 plants are in veg and do the fact that the grower who as previously responsible for them had to be let go. These plants have been a little neglected, but the plan is for me to get them healthy, transplant them within 2-3 wks, move them from the nursery to a greenhouse and then immediately beginning moving them to follower stage.

The plants have not been under proper lighting so far that is too far away and as a result have grown too damn tall to fast because of reaching for the lights and the stocks are currently not strong enough as needed to be aggressively topped which was done yesterday.

Someone made what is IMO the mistake of growing them under HID bulbs at the current stage when IMO they should have been under T5's or LED at proper hights. The truth is I do know a hell of a lot about them besides the above and their strains which happen to be Gorilla Glue and Sour Diesel according to my "Bosses."

So anyway this has all been dumped in my lap, but I love a challenge as long as I have the right information.

Erick31876

Erick31876

There is a lot of videos on YouTube and other sites on how to make organic soil. Google should be your best friend right now

DoobieBro

DoobieBro

Yes I'm aware. I looked at Kiss Organics Water Only some time back and planned to use it a grow tent but never got around to it. I'm looking it again as a possibility for this grow. Then perhaps to build our own after getting this one started.

NHWhites

NHWhites

Not sure where he’s located in CA, but look into Soil King for a ready made super soil

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im along the lines of a train wreck here,profit or not,the plan is to fast and might go to the down side of your idea just from rushing,now,if your going into a green house,is this gonna have a slab under it or footers,i ask for this reason,if your on a slab,build 2x12x8 long boxs,easy to work with and not a lot of bending on a old ass back,believe me i know haahah,second,if your on footers and just sitting on them,still build the boxs,all leaching will go right back into the soil under the boxs,you say organic,that what im about,look into korean natraul farming,make your own feeds and shit down the greatest compines in the world neck with there diluted shit,right off the top you save money right there with your own feeds,there are feeding schedules for it online,third make your own soil,if you gonna turn a profit buying a pallet of factory made soil for a couple grand,fudge that shit,sub cools mix is great in the bottom of boxs no doubt,but save money on you tops soil if you dig,and sub cools in the bottom 3 to 4 in of soil.
1:1:1,main base
peat moss,100% cow manure,playground wood chips
organic blood meal
organic bone meal
fish bone meal for slow to med release of your phosphorus
sea bird guano for med to fast release of your phosphorus
crushed oyster shell meal and bone meal will take care of your cal and potash,dont use lime,lime collide with bone meal and lock out,so buffer with wood ash,epsome salt,yep,9%sulfur 21% magnese so with these combinations you will have all the right stuff for happy soil,for your micro and macro nutrients,crushed granite.
sounds like a lot but not really considering how long it last,now you see why i mentioned a train wreck,this suggestion take at the least 60 days to cook and in boxs cover with black plastic so condensation keeps soil moist while cooking.
i also make my own bokashi which the plants any plant thrive on,mother culture EM1 and wheat bran,i do 50lbs every time i make it,10 lbs at a time in black trash bags,tie it off and put it in the dark somewere for 2 weeks,after 2 weeks lay out a tarp and spread thin let the sun dry it out ,then you have food for the champions in the soil,hell i could go on but just rambling hope you acomplish what you desire,i feel just because someone has the money to do things right and go in bussiness doing so some farmers are reluctant to help you out from jealousy or what not,when we all start at same level and have to learn what works best,1 plant or 100 doesnt matter it is still starting and all us need help time and again,so here is my 2 cent worth for you friend

DoobieBro

DoobieBro

im along the lines of a train wreck here,profit or not,the plan is to fast and might go to the down side of your idea just from rushing,now,if your going into a green house,is this gonna have a slab under it or footers,i ask for this reason,if your on a slab,build 2x12x8 long boxs,easy to work with and not a lot of bending on a old ass back,believe me i know haahah,second,if your on footers and just sitting on them,still build the boxs,all leaching will go right back into the soil under the boxs,you say organic,that what im about,look into korean natraul farming,make your own feeds and shit down the greatest compines in the world neck with there diluted shit,right off the top you save money right there with your own feeds,there are feeding schedules for it online,third make your own soil,if you gonna turn a profit buying a pallet of factory made soil for a couple grand,fudge that shit,sub cools mix is great in the bottom of boxs no doubt,but save money on you tops soil if you dig,and sub cools in the bottom 3 to 4 in of soil.
1:1:1,main base
peat moss,100% cow manure,playground wood chips
organic blood meal
organic bone meal
fish bone meal for slow to med release of your phosphorus
sea bird guano for med to fast release of your phosphorus
crushed oyster shell meal and bone meal will take care of your cal and potash,dont use lime,lime collide with bone meal and lock out,so buffer with wood ash,epsome salt,yep,9%sulfur 21% magnese so with these combinations you will have all the right stuff for happy soil,for your micro and macro nutrients,crushed granite.
sounds like a lot but not really considering how long it last,now you see why i mentioned a train wreck,this suggestion take at the least 60 days to cook and in boxs cover with black plastic so condensation keeps soil moist while cooking.
i also make my own bokashi which the plants any plant thrive on,mother culture EM1 and wheat bran,i do 50lbs every time i make it,10 lbs at a time in black trash bags,tie it off and put it in the dark somewere for 2 weeks,after 2 weeks lay out a tarp and spread thin let the sun dry it out ,then you have food for the champions in the soil,hell i could go on but just rambling hope you acomplish what you desire,i feel just because someone has the money to do things right and go in bussiness doing so some farmers are reluctant to help you out from jealousy or what not,when we all start at same level and have to learn what works best,1 plant or 100 doesnt matter it is still starting and all us need help time and again,so here is my 2 cent worth for you friend

Excellent info thank you very much.

F

FutureGrower

Why dont you just do a coots mix? You're not supposed to plant straight into it but honestly you can and alot of people do.

Search google for notil revisited and if you want to grow organically pickup the teaming with books (microbes, nutrients, fungi) I think mountain organics has a growing book too

Dan789

Dan789

My "Bosses" only concern is turning a profit.
I simply need, too have a successful grow this time so that I can do it all better every time from here out.
I’m focusing on these two earlier statements, and on your experience; both may prove illusive. I hope you do have a successful grow, but there’s many pitfalls to avoid and with the responsibility of your “bosses” on your shoulders, may be a bridge to far.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

If you are still looking for a bagged soil I would recommend Roots Organics. It is a good soil, but it still requires nutrient input. I have had good success with the Roots Organics line of nutrients. I have also heard good things about BioBizz nutes, I just ordered their starter box and am going to try them out.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I began using SF a few months ago. I mow have eliminated FFOF and only mix FFHF and the SF together with perlite..makes for a lighter mix. Good stuff, albeit still a few gnats..sigh.

stiffneck

stiffneck

I like Dr. Earth and Down to Earth products. And worm castings. Straight out of the bag.

100 plants is some work. Good luck!

Top Bottom