I Have To Have A Greenhouse!

• Thread starter outnin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outnin

outnin

the more I think about it the more I realize that with a small greenhouse I could grow outside from april to november more or less. I could start my garden seeds inside and save on buying live plants and canna would be happy in most cases as long as its above 40 and sunny.
But alas I am a poor bloke with hardly any cash so I have an idea for a super cheap portable greenhouse.
my idea is to build a sturdy frame using pvc pipe and cover it with poly i think 10 x 10 ft square would be enough.
so will this work? pvc pipe is cheap so is poly and using 1/2" pipe would be quite strong I could even place a solid sheet of plexiglass in the top to prevent cave in in case of snow.
i'm thinking 100-150 bucks to build and it could last for years what do you folks think?

Homesteader

Homesteader

You may be better off with spending the $150 a roll of agribon 19 and some black plastic to extend your season a month on both ends. My take is that you get what you pay for in terms of a greenhouse. Im thinking you will get swamped with heat come the summer months.

outnin

outnin

hell the agribon 19 is only 30 bucks thats just fantastic esp for 10 * 50 feet of it.
I have a black plastic dark spot for my flowering girls at night I guess that will extend me to mid sept or later

WP 20160720 20 03 14 Pro
M

MamaBear

Go for it! It may not last as long as you want but it will get you started. You can up-grade parts of it along the way if necessary.

outnin

outnin

Go for it! It may not last as long as you want but it will get you started. You can up-grade parts of it along the way if necessary.
this is true I am thinking about using 3/4" or 1" pvc pipe and replaceable poly film as a cover. In the winter I should be able to just remove the top so snow can get through.
I can see myself going to depot to get like 20 bucks worth of parts a check and getting it together by april of next year. just in time to start veggies outside

Underthesun

Underthesun

Don't forget about the fans and heaters. I love my greenhouse. Start all my vegatable plants in there and by the time the starts are ready to be put out in the garden the cannabis is just getting ready for their raised beds in the GH. I don't use a light for any of my plants. Works out great for me. Just a small $20 walmart heater and I keep my greenhouse above freezing from April - Oct.

S

Skarik

the more I think about it the more I realize that with a small greenhouse I could grow outside from april to november more or less. I could start my garden seeds inside and save on buying live plants and canna would be happy in most cases as long as its above 40 and sunny.
But alas I am a poor bloke with hardly any cash so I have an idea for a super cheap portable greenhouse.
my idea is to build a sturdy frame using pvc pipe and cover it with poly i think 10 x 10 ft square would be enough.
so will this work? pvc pipe is cheap so is poly and using 1/2" pipe would be quite strong I could even place a solid sheet of plexiglass in the top to prevent cave in in case of snow.
i'm thinking 100-150 bucks to build and it could last for years what do you folks think?

Check out the link below 10x10 steel frame with skin for $175
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ZGN09...t=&hvlocphy=9032602&hvtargid=pla-274030432208

S

Skarik

That would make a neat kite if you didnt fasten it down good

Typically they come with auger anchors i personally havent used but for the budget over the PVC i would buy this and all you have to do is auger and tie straps.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Typically they come with auger anchors i personally havent used but for the budget over the PVC i would buy this and all you have to do is auger and tie straps.
We're not in kansas anymore toto!

Latest posts

Top Bottom