I Have Two Led Lights, Which Would Be Better To Use

• Thread starter newgro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
newgro

newgro

I have two LED lights with veg/bloom switch. I currently use a 1000W LED with veg and bloom switch "on" but I was wondering which would be better to use. 1 light with veg and bloom switch "on" or 2 lights with only the bloom switch "on" because Im in 4 weeks of bloom.

5x5 tent
6 plants - #7, #5, #3(4)
cutting edge solutions
soiless

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

I've use LED on top in my last two grows. I have 3 300w panels in a 3x4 room. Just cheapo lights, the $69.00 kind. I use t-5 cfl for the first 2-3 weeks from popping then line up all my leds on top at 18". Watch the plants. Get them used to the leds. Back them away if they droop or fade. Bring them in close when the leaves reach for the light. But I do find that led can be harsh on seedlings and young veg. So I do t-5 cfl to start off. But been thinking about going with 2 stage leds to see if the veg cycle cuts down on all the heavy reds. Maybe. But during flower I snuggle my leds nice and close. Best two grows I've had so far.
1113161838c

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

The blue helps the red to work better. I use both at all times.

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

I've use LED on top in my last two grows. I have 3 300w panels in a 3x4 room. Just cheapo lights, the $69.00 kind. I use t-5 cfl for the first 2-3 weeks from popping then line up all my leds on top at 18". Watch the plants. Get them used to the leds. Back them away if they droop or fade. Bring them in close when the leaves reach for the light. But I do find that led can be harsh on seedlings and young veg. So I do t-5 cfl to start off. But been thinking about going with 2 stage leds to see if the veg cycle cuts down on all the heavy reds. Maybe. But during flower I snuggle my leds nice and close. Best two grows I've had so far. View attachment 759862
I use a GrowGreen board at 100w for veg. Light is a Samsung LM561C board. For clone and seedlings I built a light from LM561C diode flexible strips of 200w max and low power 100ma per diode very low but lots of lumens for plants to grow well and stay healthy.

I wrote a blog about building flexible strip lights here https://growgreenled.wordpress.com/blog/

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Anytime you can increase your spectrum and use a mixed spectrum is a good thing. Not an led guy but I do like to mix spectrum with mh/hps all the way thru harvest. And have had very good results as opposed to using hps only in flower.

Top Bottom