I Might Be Closer Than I Thought

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I was inspecting my bud as I do every day and I noticed that some of the flowers are starting to show some orange hairs. I took a couple of sugar leaves and inspected under a 60x loupe and can see that I have a mixed bag of everything, a few amber, a good amount of milky, and still a large amount of clear. some of trichomes are starting to bend over like candy canes. I still think I'm at least a week away though.

thoughts?

R

rascali

that's so funny! you presented no information for me to provide this answer, but my guess is you are probably closer to 6wks till finish, if you've just seen your first red hairs...

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

that's so funny! you presented no information for me to provide this answer, but my guess is you are probably closer to 6wks till finish, if you've just seen your first red hairs...

I know };-) , I don't have a usb scope to take those really close up pictures, just a loupe. I'm finishing up my 6th week since 12/12 flip. I'm just excited to start seeing those red hairs };-)

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Imo, still have 2 weeks to go. Don't go by the trich color on the sugar leaves. Those turn 1st. Go by the bud trichs. Most if not all the hairs should turn and be receeding. Amazon has a decent 60x scope, or your nearest hydro store. I'd grab one. Nothing like ruining a crop by harvesting early.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Imo, still have 2 weeks to go. Don't go by the trich color on the sugar leaves. Those turn 1st. Go by the bud trichs. Most if not all the hairs should turn and be receeding. Amazon has a decent 60x scope, or your nearest hydro store. I'd grab one. Nothing like ruining a crop by harvesting early.

I was kind of thinking two more weeks as well and that would put the bloom at 8 weeks which would hit the 7 to 9 week estimate from the seed description as well.

Kalikush

Kalikush

Imo, still have 2 weeks to go. Don't go by the trich color on the sugar leaves. Those turn 1st. Go by the bud trichs. Most if not all the hairs should turn and be receeding.

This

Don't believe the harvest times breeders put in their description. Most times, add 1 week to their time.

And this..

Also Seamaiden has some great tips on a sticky here:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...loupe-or-dont-rely-solely-on-trichomes.64433/

Swollen calyxes are something else to look for to determine ripeness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom