I Need Help Farmers

• Thread starter kes5480
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
green punk

green punk

That pic looks like pics of Hemp Mites. Which Altimood also has battled and put up excellent video of.

K

kes5480

That pic looks like pics of Hemp Mites. Which Altimood also has battled and put up excellent video of.

yea its altimoods pic....idk if its wat i got but they do look like that, but they are not on my plants themselves ,just in the soil. Altimood says those were on his leaves and shit. so idk if its that????? either way this sucks and i makes me itchy just lookin at all these bug pics,lol

C

catchafish

Ouch from that pic. looks like russet mite to me. sorry for the luck

E

ENugs

So they were going all crazy, moving fast?? I've dug those out of my reservoir outside a couple times. Each time I've found them, there was a dead fly floating in the water with its stomach exploded. So Im not sure if yours are the same thing as what I got, but put them in a cup of water and see if they jet around real fast, like little missiles.

If its the same thing I found, then they come out of flies that land in your growing medium, die and these little critters come out of them... I was thinking baby maggots. If you put them in the sun for a little while, they dry up and die pretty quick.

E

ENugs

And if you run organic nutrients... then it'll give them something to eat. I used fish fertilizer that smelled pretty bad... thats when I found em.

E

ENugs

Nevermind... I looked back at some pics that I took. They almost look like tiny shrimp.

K

kes5480

now that u say that i noticed em after i dressed the top of my soil with a lil bat guano(1tblspn) and yea they were goin crazy movin fast like they did not like the water and wanted to get back in that soil asap

and the pic posted in post#21 is not a pic of mine that is a pic that Altimood took of his bugs and i just thought they looked like mine except for the fact he said his were on his foliage and plant, where as mine are only in the soil.....
thank u everyone for helpin me out on this!

E

ENugs

I just looked em up... this is what I had. Take them out of water to a dry place and see if they die pretty fast.

Springtails

Primitive insects, springtails are minute, wingless members in the order Collembola. As the common name implies, springtails can leap or spring using a forked tail-like structure known as a furcula. A 5-millimeter springtail can jump up to 100 millimeters in one bound. Many springtails are beautifully colored and display a beautiful array of metallic greens, lavenders, and reds, but because of their minute size, largely go unnoticed.

springtail.jpg

Harmless to humans, springtails feed in the leaf litter on decaying plant matter, fungi, and bacteria helping to enrich the soil. Even though there are over 6,000 described species of Collembola worldwide, of which about 700 are found in North America, almost none exceed 1 millimeter in length.

Restricted to moist soil and litter conditions, springtails do not survive drought conditions. One species lives in the surface film of ponds and streams and occasionally is found in drinking water derived from wells or cisterns. When terrestrial populations boom in or near houses, they may alarm homeowners or create a visual nuisance, appearing as piles of "soot" in driveways, backyards, or basements. Some species are known as "snow fleas" since they are seen leaping about the top of snow during late winter or early spring.

K

kes5480

ok so how should i go abouts ridding them?? anyone have these before??

K

kes5480

so here are some pics of these lil fuckerS!! this is what i found in my tray in the lil bit of water that was in it ..5min ago.....alot of em were dead but alot are still alive
PB140071_640x480_.jpg
PB140070_640x480_.jpg
PB140068_640x480_.jpg
PB140066_640x480_.jpg

PB140057_640x480_.jpg
PB140062_640x480_.jpg

PB140047_640x480_.jpg
PB140051_640x480_.jpg
PB140048_640x480_.jpg
PB140046_640x480_.jpg

still not sure on what they are. i'm leaning towards springtails just by the looks and how they are acting...but what the fuck do i know??? i need help.!!

lazarus718

lazarus718

Try some Neem oil, it won't harm your flowers and if it works on them then great. Since you are able to capture them put them on a paper towel and see how the Neem works, if they flail around like they are dying then good on you. You are going to have eggs in the top layers of that soil so the oil might help to penetrate in there and kill them as well that way you won't have to disturb the plants root system at all. I wouldn't combine the Neem with other treatments though, so if you've already blasted away at those buggers I'd wait till you have some flushes under your belt. As far as the plant leaf symptoms are concerned, looks like a Cal/Mag to me. Whether that is from insect damage at the roots or something else not sure man, did you use any Epsom salts in the grow?

K

kes5480

no epsom salts..should i have? i just blasted again with a root drench with that sierra natural science stuff i got pictured at the beg. of thread

i have 11 plants in flower and as far as i can tell this os the only plant with these fuckers. should i get rid of this plant or what? rather kill one and not fuck up 10 others, or is it not needed??? thanx lazarus

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok, got your message, kes. Glad you're able to tend your girls, I cannot and have lost ALL my good cuts, seriously fucking bummed.

Your plants are showing a few issues, the rusty spots are classic Ca issue. I also see slight N toxicity as well as P deficiency. I think you're using too complicated a nute mix and are keeping the pH range too tight and too low. Let pH range, easily up to 6.8,and let it vary. Drop the Cal-Mag for now, just give Big Bloom for a week or two.

I see zero signs of pest or disease issues, and those are springtails, usually better left alone, unless you want to spend the rest of your life making battle.

Once you're past the first week, reassess, and at that point it's probably time to stop feeding N and move towards feeding P and K. If you're very concerned about the Ca and Mg levels, then use as foliar feed only, for the next month.

Now, how's that for conflicting opinions?

K

kes5480

Ok, got your message, kes. Glad you're able to tend your girls, I cannot and have lost ALL my good cuts, seriously fucking bummed.

Your plants are showing a few issues, the rusty spots are classic Ca issue. I also see slight N toxicity as well as P deficiency. I think you're using too complicated a nute mix and are keeping the pH range too tight and too low. Let pH range, easily up to 6.8,and let it vary. Drop the Cal-Mag for now, just give Big Bloom for a week or two.

I see zero signs of pest or disease issues, and those are springtails, usually better left alone, unless you want to spend the rest of your life making battle.

Once you're past the first week, reassess, and at that point it's probably time to stop feeding N and move towards feeding P and K. If you're very concerned about the Ca and Mg levels, then use as foliar feed only, for the next month.

Now, how's that for conflicting opinions?

THANK YOU Seamaiden!!!!. See i kno who to go to for help. lol but seriously u are a very SMart individual and i see u kno what ur talking about. I def see the N overdose as i thought the issues i was having was a N deficiency so i top dressed(1tblspn) with a lil bat guano(high in N) and thats why i got the N toxicity(should of asked here before i gave it the guano) yea i should just keep it simple like i tell people(gotta take my own advice.lol) with my nutes.

ok so big bloom only for a week or two and ph at 6.8 and ur sayin let my ph fluctuate a lil?

Also THANK YOU to everyone that has been helping me out in this thread..
peace yall:banana1sv6:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Soil pH should range from 6.2-6.8, and it's not a terrible thing to let it move beyond those numbers. A lot of people don't care so much for Big Bloom, but I end up using it every year because it's so easy to use and has damn near all the good stuff I would put into a fertilizer mix anyway. Remember, you won't be able to get an accurate EC reading using it, but don't worry, just keep notes on dosage and pH, noting plant response to feeds and you'll get it dialed in.

K

kes5480

Seamaiden, Im gonna start lettin my ph fluxuate a lil bit 6.2-6.8 for my soil. when in the plants life should it be a lil low ? and when should the ph be a lil higher...?is it higher in flower i think.lol
anyways im makin the switch (gradually) to coco does this apply with coco also ...which i would assume it would.
lol kinda seems like im answerin my own questions,lol but i do want to check with you because i notice you are full of knowledge and information..
thank you
keS

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi kes. I have never considered the timing of pH drift as you're referring to, but it's and interesting idea, concept, and may need playing with. Asia for coir, yes allow pH to drifted, but the range needs to remain lower, 5.8-6.2, give or take a tenth of a point or so. There are, as you may or may not know, other things to consider when growing in coir, such as its proclivity to latch onto Ca and Mg, the possible salt load, and high K content -- all need to be accounted for.

Top Bottom