I Need Help

• Thread starter Bombard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bombard

Hi all. I am a newbie here as well as to growing. I have four plants that are three weeks old. Two are Northern Lights and two are Purple Haze. Seeds were bought from a reputable supplier. They are in a tent with a 600 watt led light. The medium is Black Gold from Home Depot. Unfortunately I made a rookie mistake and forgot to label them. Two plants look good and two not so good. I have been using ph6 water and have not fed them anything yet.
Light source is 20” away. See pictures below. Any suggestions?
I need help
I need help 2
I need help 3
I need help 4

MW7945

MW7945

Soil might be hot. Not familiar with that particular soil, and I don't grow in soil. Just my guess.

Dan789

Dan789

Welcome, the light may have been too close and plants too new for it that close. Move it off a ways till it’s bigger. Looks like burning to me, either light or soil.

MW7945

MW7945

Welcome, the light may have been too close and plants too new for it that close. Move it off a ways till it’s bigger. Looks like burning to me, either light or soil.

Definitely not from lighting look like only the veg mode is on, and @ 20" 3 week old plants will be fine

Toaster79

Toaster79

Your soil is hot. Don't pH your water and don't feed them anything. Just give them tap that's been sitting for 24h. Keep them pots on the dry side and spray them with water every now and then. Once those roots fill the pot completely start keeping them on the moist side. They will go at least a month in those pots before they'll need any additional food if not two.

You've got slow release nutes in that dirt. When you overwater you set great ammount of nutes avaliable to your plant so it burns those roots and shows on leaves. When you keep just the root zone moist, you actually promote root growth as those search for water. Now once the pot is filled with roots, some of those nutrients are used up so you need to release more with more water until your plants tell you that there aren't much nutrients left in that dirt. In this case you either transplant and continue veg for some more or flip them and give them exactly what they need.

B

Bombard

Your soil is hot. Don't pH your water and don't feed them anything. Just give them tap that's been sitting for 24h. Keep them pots on the dry side and spray them with water every now and then. Once those roots fill the pot completely start keeping them on the moist side. They will go at least a month in those pots before they'll need any additional food if not two.

You've got slow release nutes in that dirt. When you overwater you set great ammount of nutes avaliable to your plant so it burns those roots and shows on leaves. When you keep just the root zone moist, you actually promote root growth as those search for water. Now once the pot is filled with roots, some of those nutrients are used up so you need to release more with more water until your plants tell you that there aren't much nutrients left in that dirt. In this case you either transplant and continue veg for some more or flip them and give them exactly what they need.
@CBDEMON where are you from? States?

B

Bombard

Thanks. That all makes sense but I have two plants each of two different strains planted the same time and same soil. Why would two flourish and two struggle?

B

Bombard

Thanks. I did have the light way to close when I started but I still don’t understand why two plants are great and two not so much.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Thanks. That all makes sense but I have two plants each of two different strains planted the same time and same soil. Why would two flourish and two struggle?

I have two kids but they are not the same person.

45North

45North

I’m not going to tell what to do but I feel Toaster has correctly identified your issue.
I’ve seen black gold do ok in an outdoor grow, but I wouldn’t recommend any time release nute soil because it is so much more difficult to flush and identify plant issues. Besides black gold is a little hot.
Most plants like well drained soil, so remember to add 1/3 perlite or grow stones ect to your soil mix. Water sparingly around the out side of your pot to encourage root expansion. Mist lightly.Your plants need to eat that soil clean before you can take charge.
Higher levels of blues seem to help root growth.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Yeah, I'd definitely agree with @Toaster79. Not all of your plants will have identical needs, even if they are the same strain. It just seems that those two didn't want that rich of a mix quite yet. When I ran black gold I would always cut it with pro mix or roots organic. Even in my final transplant before flower I would only have somewhere around 50-60% black gold (I'd also cut in some extra perlite or pumice). That stuff is really great and certainly helps keep plants happy when they are ready for it. I'd definitely watch the watering so that they don't try to take in a big drink of nute, but regardless they should be fine and will probably only be upset for a short time while they get used to the soil ( because they dont look super messed up)
Has the progress of the leaf burning stopped?

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

BTW, is it the 'natural and organic' orange bag or a different one? I would only use that specific bag when I could still get a hold of it.

B

Bombard

I’m not going to tell what to do but I feel Toaster has correctly identified your issue.
I’ve seen black gold do ok in an outdoor grow, but I wouldn’t recommend any time release nute soil because it is so much more difficult to flush and identify plant issues. Besides black gold is a little hot.
Most plants like well drained soil, so remember to add 1/3 perlite or grow stones ect to your soil mix. Water sparingly around the out side of your pot to encourage root expansion. Mist lightly.Your plants need to eat that soil clean before you can take charge.
Higher levels of blues seem to help root growth.[/QUOTE

Top Bottom