I Need Some Spider Mite Stats?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

How long can a SM(spider mite)live for?
How many eggs can they lay in a day/wk/month?
How long can the sm live for in an empty rm after harvest, nothing left, starve?
How far can sm make it on the ground from plant to plant?
How far can a sm make it in a day?
Best ways to do a fogger bomb to kill sm?
how often do i need to spray for sm?
what sm sprays are the best to use on the plant?

DGP

DGP

I don't remember how long they live but they reproduce fast. They like hot dry conditions. When I get them I do the following:

1. Don't panic
2. Lower the temperature in the room they like it 80f or higher and reproduce faster the higher the temp.
3. Raise the humidity a little if ossible
4. Use green cleaner or Trifecta or other plant oils in a rotation
5. If the plants are young enough I mist them often cause the mites hate that

Mites are in the spider family and the travel by riding on you or parachuting thrugh the air. If you dont see webs yet its early and not a full blown infestation but if you se webs your farther down the road and need to be aggressive. I will spray every 3-4 days and then if I have to resort to Spinosad but have been able to stay organic for the last 2 years.

Sometimes you just have to control them if your deep in flower and then erradicate afterwards. I had them the last cycle and just controlled them until the flower run was done. Then I sanitized the room with bleach and started a new run and no mites so far 6 weeks later.

Dee

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Habenaro spray, all natural. Will kill all spider mites, eggs and soft bellied bugs. But be careful with it. It’s like mace to you and me.
Did you ever use it in late flowering period? Do you drench the buds with the spray? Does it cause browning of the pistils? I am just curious :)

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Did you ever use it in late flowering period? Do you drench the buds with the spray? Does it cause browning of the pistils? I am just curious :)
You can use it up to the day of harvest. I use an electric sprayer to apply. I have dipped clones and small plants in the concoction. No, I have not seen any browning what so ever. Just like anything else spray- lights out-let dry, lights on.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
You can use it up to the day of harvest. I use an electric sprayer to apply. I have dipped clones and small plants in the concoction. No, I have not seen any browning what so ever. Just like anything else spray- lights out-let dry, lights on.
No after taste then? It would suck to have habanero flavoured buds :D

juggernaut

juggernaut

I can't get the green cleaner/ Haberano or azamax in canada. dealers won't ship from usa. If any stores in canada sell it or if any stores in usa that would ship it or even if there are stores in canada that might have the same product under a different name.

the rrock

the rrock

Floramite and Avid are my go to .I used to get mites regularly but now spray either in early veg and this seems to keep them away. Dont use in flower stage. These products are all available on amazon as is azamax.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

You have to suit and boot with products like Flora and Avivd..

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I can't get the green cleaner/ Haberano or azamax in canada. dealers won't ship from usa. If any stores in canada sell it or if any stores in usa that would ship it or even if there are stores in canada that might have the same product under a different name.
You buy habenaros at your local grocery store. 5 habs to a quart of water, chop fine especially seeds, simmer 20 minutes. Let cool, poor through coffee filter. Spray mites. Make this outside, spray with a dust mask on and safety glasses. You’ve basically just made a quart of mace. I make it by the gallons.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Well know I know why your looking for growers...

S

Shawnery

It's not as good as chemicals but I can attest to h202/water working on spider mites. You have to use it for a bit and have to apply liberally on all sides of the leaves but especially underneath.

This info comes from personal experience.

juggernaut

juggernaut

Also I would love a bug bomb That kills everything in my grow room.

Top Bottom