I Put Seedlings In Super Soil. But The Leaves Turned Yellow. Now How To Do?

• Thread starter fangxy13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fangxy13

I didn't ferment for a month, but I put the seedlings in directly.
Now the leaves turn yellow,Is there anything missing from the soil?
I put seedlings in super soil but the leaves turned yellow now how to do

I put seedlings in super soil but the leaves turned yellow now how to do 2

Here is my list of ingredients:
*BASE POTTING MIX* 30% Sphagnum Peat Moss 10% Redwood Bark 10% Coco coir 20% Perlite 5% Lava Rock 15% Compost 5% Worm Castings 5% Alaskan Humus Nutrients should be added relative to the amount of base potting mix you have. *BAT GUANO* (e.g. VermiBat by Vermicrop Organics) 4 lb / cubic yard of base potting mix 67 g / cubic foot 2.37 g / liter *SEABIRD GUANO* 4 lbs / cubic yard of base potting mix 67 g / cubic foot 2.37 g / liter *BONE MEAL* 4 lbs / cubic yard of base potting mix 67 g / cubic foot 2.37 g / liter *POTASSIUM SULFATE* 2 lbs / cubic yard of base potting mix 33.5g / cubic foot 1.185g / liter *FINE DOLOMITE LIME* 2 lbs / cubic yard of base potting mix 33.5g / cubic foot 1.185g / liter *FEATHER MEAL* 1 lbs / cubic yard of base potting mix 16.25g / cubic foot 0.59 g / liter *AZOMITE®* 1 lbs / cubic yard of base potting mix 16.25g / cubic foot 0.59 g / liter *DRY POWDERED SEA KELP* (e.g. VermiKelp by Vermicrop Organics) 1 lbs / cubic yard of base potting mix 16.25g / cubic foot 0.59 g / liter *ALFALFA MEAL* 1 lbs / cubic yard of base mix 16.25g / cubic foot 0.59 g / liter

Homesteader

Homesteader

When your mix is still hot, the decomposing that is happening takes away needed oxygen from the soil and the roots are stunted. I think that is whats happening. It should recover as the roots get bigger and the decomp slows down. high amounts of Nitrogen on small roots as well. You will see a jump in growth once the roots take hold.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Well done with the amendments. If you have the ratios right you should have a nice grow. You may want to add some gypsum for added calcium. I would worry about how much SulPoMag you use though. Its hard to understand how much volume you are making but 2 lbs seems like a lot.

Last edited:
F

fangxy13

Well done with the amendments. If you have the ratios right you should have a nice grow. You may want to add some gypsum for added calcium. I would worry about how much SulPoMag you use though. Its hard to understand how much volume you are making but 2 lbs seems like a lot.

Okay, thank you very much, I will watch it for a few days.
Should I use compost tea to irrigation it or just use pure water?
IMG 20180505 215700

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I didn't ferment for a month, but I put the seedlings in directly.
Now the leaves turn yellow,Is there anything missing from the soil?
View attachment 797571
View attachment 797572
Here is my list of ingredients:
*BASE POTTING MIX* 30% Sphagnum Peat Moss 10% Redwood Bark 10% Coco coir 20% Perlite 5% Lava Rock 15% Compost 5% Worm Castings 5% Alaskan Humus Nutrients should be added relative to the amount of base potting mix you have. *BAT GUANO* (e.g. VermiBat by Vermicrop Organics) 4 lb / cubic yard of base potting mix 67 g / cubic foot 2.37 g / liter *SEABIRD GUANO* 4 lbs / cubic yard of base potting mix 67 g / cubic foot 2.37 g / liter *BONE MEAL* 4 lbs / cubic yard of base potting mix 67 g / cubic foot 2.37 g / liter *POTASSIUM SULFATE* 2 lbs / cubic yard of base potting mix 33.5g / cubic foot 1.185g / liter *FINE DOLOMITE LIME* 2 lbs / cubic yard of base potting mix 33.5g / cubic foot 1.185g / liter *FEATHER MEAL* 1 lbs / cubic yard of base potting mix 16.25g / cubic foot 0.59 g / liter *AZOMITE®* 1 lbs / cubic yard of base potting mix 16.25g / cubic foot 0.59 g / liter *DRY POWDERED SEA KELP* (e.g. VermiKelp by Vermicrop Organics) 1 lbs / cubic yard of base potting mix 16.25g / cubic foot 0.59 g / liter *ALFALFA MEAL* 1 lbs / cubic yard of base mix 16.25g / cubic foot 0.59 g / liter
i like your choice,im thinking to much air products though,perlite,bark,coir,lava ,all great choice but to much in my opinion,counting the peat moss ,your running 90% on air and fluff,but im ocd ,lmao,i keep all my ratios even and cook in,dont feed the plant anything but water for a while and you be good,tell ya though all the air products ,your gonna be feeding every day,im not sure about your amends ratio though,im a old fart and still go by imperial measurements,but like the choices,but like homesteader said more calcium is a good idea,you know to be safe ,you could just dig your hand in there and transplant back into a solo cup till your soil cooks a bit,just take your fingers and go about 3in from plant in a circle and dig out a plug and transplant later when you see roots coming to bottom of cup

F

fangxy13

I would say water until it starts pushing up.
i like your choice,im thinking to much air products though,perlite,bark,coir,lava ,all great choice but to much in my opinion,counting the peat moss ,your running 90% on air and fluff,but im ocd ,lmao,i keep all my ratios even and cook in,dont feed the plant anything but water for a while and you be good,tell ya though all the air products ,your gonna be feeding every day,im not sure about your amends ratio though,im a old fart and still go by imperial measurements,but like the choices,but like homesteader said more calcium is a good idea,you know to be safe ,you could just dig your hand in there and transplant back into a solo cup till your soil cooks a bit,just take your fingers and go about 3in from plant in a circle and dig out a plug and transplant later when you see roots coming to bottom of cup
Ok, I try to follow your method, thank you very much.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Ok, I try to follow your method, thank you very much.
the plant will grow like it is,just a factor of it stabilizing to it envorment and soil,so if a little yellow goes on but still have fresh green coming in you good,i bust them seeds right into the soil so if it cant hang it done before it starts,in the future a tip for you friend,i love building my own soil too,so when i cook,i go 30 days,and plant a bean or any legume in the soil and watch what happens,if it does what you got with your seedling wait a few more weeks,if it bangs out beautiful green and takes off running,it ready to use,most times right at 60 days you be all good

F

fangxy13

the plant will grow like it is,just a factor of it stabilizing to it envorment and soil,so if a little yellow goes on but still have fresh green coming in you good,i bust them seeds right into the soil so if it cant hang it done before it starts,in the future a tip for you friend,i love building my own soil too,so when i cook,i go 30 days,and plant a bean or any legume in the soil and watch what happens,if it does what you got with your seedling wait a few more weeks,if it bangs out beautiful green and takes off running,it ready to use,most times right at 60 days you be all good

Thank you very much, oldskol4evr, I have already transferred a cannabis to a small cup. I put the super soil for a few days and first put the peppers I planted into it.

trickle

trickle

I believe Homesteader is correct. I also think it looks too dry - you can have alot of aeration like that but you have to water accordingly.
Try to keep the moisture 'just right' throughout the containers while the babies are recovering. I water a little on top and a little from the bottom (in a tray/dish) when I transplant seedlings. Edit; use pure water, no need to give more food until they are bigger

F

fangxy13

I believe Homesteader is correct. I also think it looks too dry - you can have alot of aeration like that but you have to water accordingly.
Try to keep the moisture 'just right' throughout the containers while the babies are recovering. I water a little on top and a little from the bottom (in a tray/dish) when I transplant seedlings. Edit; use pure water, no need to give more food until they are bigger
OK, trickle, I'll irrigate it in a few hours. I'll use the pump to add oxygen to the water.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank you very much, oldskol4evr, I have already transferred a cannabis to a small cup. I put the super soil for a few days and first put the peppers I planted into it.
now if you really just want to solve the to hot issue,you can also do this,and really the whole idea behind super soil,say your finished pot size is a 5 gal bucket,put coffe filter on bottom to close up your drain holes,fill bucket with super soil and leave the top 3in of soil to a mild mix like ocean forest or something simalar,the filters will slow the drain off so the plant has no choice but to moisten the whole bucket,at times the buckets get hot and soil on outer edges compact and when you water it runs straight threw if you dig,filters stop that,i havent a clue about the ocean forest being to hot,i plant my seed in it all the time and no problems,i get better plants going straight to the soil,rather than the paper towel method,if they cant handle ocean forest from beginning i dont want them,but just super soil for the later stages of flower work very well,if you look back into sub cools recipe you will find the same method used

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

OK, trickle, I'll irrigate it in a few hours. I'll use the pump to add oxygen to the water.
keep in mind the bubbles also raise the ph level,burns off clorine yes,but just let your water sit a hour or so before adding and check ph level,i run 6.5 to 6.8 in soil the sweet spot

AmWeedwolf

AmWeedwolf

Ancient thread, but from the pics and the comments, the OP is not using correct pH irrigation water. Probably too basic (pH too high) as it looks like iron or sulfur deficiency. If this was a nitrogen issue the older leaves would be turning yellow, not the new growth as is occurring in the photos.

Top Bottom