I Want The Best Lights In The World!!

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rcubed

Rcubed

thanks man........ in the 80's was doing my thing outdoors so i haven't ever seen one of those........
I was growing in a bootleg apartment by the beach in an over head cabinet that wasn't more than 2 1/2 feet tall. I used this light and a 150W metal halide in it. I would grow three at a time and I would break them over and lay them flat. I exhausted right out into a crowded neighborhood with no carbon filter or odor control. I reached the pinnacle of paranoia when those babies were in full bloom! I was dirt poor at the time and those crops got me through some hard times.

K

kansabis

I was growing in a bootleg apartment by the beach in an over head cabinet that wasn't more than 2 1/2 feet tall. I used this light and a 150W metal halide in it. I would grow three at a time and I would break them over and lay them flat. I exhausted right out into a crowded neighborhood with no carbon filter or odor control. I reached the pinnacle of paranoia when those babies were in full bloom! I was dirt poor at the time and those crops got me through some hard times.
Sounds like one of those things you look back on and go,wow,how the hell did I pull that off??

DGP

DGP

Customer service with HLG is said to be great also.Fluence is good im sure but the price for what you get is highest in the industry for the same diodes and ballast.I dont beleive the hlg would run any hotter because their not layed out in bars.Just like anything else you take the high bid and the low bid and throw them out and what your left with is almost always the best bargain for the dollar.
Out of curiousity does fluence do sphere tests?that would tell the tale 100% right there as far as output.I would be very curious to see the results,the guy from plc(iirc)always says no sphere test then GTFO because its all just talk until you have the proof.
Im new to LED lights,wasnt a beleiver AT ALL until the cobs and boards showed up and i havent even used my 550s yet(sitting in boxes in my shop still lol)so im no expert on led performance but i when one company wants double for essentially the same thing i question that unless you can prove to me its advantagious.

Doesn't the LED component company (Samsung) do sphere testing for their component validation test (for their published spec)? Are you an optics engineer? Just curious because very few people would know about optical sphere testing. If that is what you were referring to.....

Dee

Leew421

Leew421

Let me be clear and say I am in no way to claim these are the best lights on the market. I understand that these lights aren't for everyone's needs. As a grower that has been using these lights non stop for almost 2 years I can attest to their greatness. I completely agree on what you build is better. Computers are a great example of that. However, for someone that doesn't have time or the need to build their own and want to get a commercial quality build, I can recommend the Fluence line. I for one have not tried the q boards so I will not say it's not good. Its different in a lot of ways for sure and the same in others. It's all a light source and par is par. I do like biscuits and mustard though.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Let me be clear and say I am in no way to claim these are the best lights on the market. I understand that these lights aren't for everyone's needs. As a grower that has been using these lights non stop for almost 2 years I can attest to their greatness. I completely agree on what you build is better. Computers are a great example of that. However, for someone that doesn't have time or the need to build their own and want to get a commercial quality build, I can recommend the Fluence line. I for one have not tried the q boards so I will not say it's not good. Its different in a lot of ways for sure and the same in others. It's all a light source and par is par. I do like biscuits and mustard though.
I hate mustard with a passion.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

What's your go to "sauce" for flavoring??? Ketchup,BBQ,maybe calmag?? Lmao
Calmag baby! Hahah.
Na it depends. In a general American chicken nugget dunk type sauce I’m a bbq sauce guy. But for sandwiches and what not I like some oil and vinegar.
Im a simple pallet. A little salt and pepper goes a long way. Hahah
I can tolerate mayo but never order it. Mustard is a deal breaker. On an island with only mustard I starve and die first

Freshone

Freshone

I just want to say i love you guys,how the fuck does a light thread turn to condiments?lmao.
Doesn't the LED component company (Samsung) do sphere testing for their component validation test (for their published spec)? Are you an optics engineer? Just curious because very few people would know about optical sphere testing. If that is what you were referring to.....

Dee
Sphere testing is the no bullshit way to know what lights actually put out and manufacturers who do it with an indepent certified lab are laying it all out there for you to see.Everything i know about it i learned from reading Dr bruce bugbees papers from university of utah,probably the best lighting expert in the US,check him out.
Not at all unusual anymore either,Gavita does it,HLG does it,PLC does it,endomaxx does it etc etc

Rcubed

Rcubed

I’ll bet that baby is emitting all kinds of emissions, UV, UVB, who knows what else, from a time before anyone gave a shit. “Man, my eyes are kind of burning, after being around that light, (gulp)”.
I don't know if you ever flew into LAX 15 years ago or so but all the street lighting in the bad areas was low pressure sodium and it turned everything very yellow. This light could make people think that ET and his buddies just landed.

Top Bottom