I Want The Best Lights In The World!!

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Definitely not fluence.all these manufactured lights are all using the same parts and diodes and soldering them onto boards.
I say the quantum boards are better than fluence.i can build a light with 15 cobs for 500 less than that fluence,have a bigger footprint and blow that light out of the water.
Rapid led sells kits that are as easy to put together than screwing in a light bulb.
Figure out your square footage to cover,multiply by 33 and put that many watts over your grow area and call it a day

GryphonX12

GryphonX12

Nobody claiming Perfect Sun LEDs? I think they are pretty awesome. Check them out, too.

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

I’m useing a photon sunboard in my small cab with fantastic results

Munch517

Munch517

5 pages and 80 posts later..

So 550s or Fluence.. ?

LMFAO

As someone who did a lot of research and came to the conclusion that Fluence was the answer this question I'm curious what you ended up with? Some people on here seem to think that diy is the answer to everything, they don't take into account time required to assemble, tools, risk of breaking things and the better/more durable engineering of the manufactured lights. Diy can be great for people who enjoy it and have time for it.

I've been very happy with my Spydr 2p, I plan on adding 1 or 2 more and possibly a vyprx for veg. It might be worth noting that Fluence was bought by Osram so their space in the led world seems pretty much cemented

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well if you want the best light in the world I hope you have some very serious cash, but be honest do you really need the best light in the world?

Best light in the world is free. But for indoor the different lights dont grow that much differently. And if you buy an expensive led the new better model may come out before you finish your grow. And it still wont be much better than the last version.

Marketing is another word for bullshit.

Any grower can practice and do better than the couple of percent the “better” lamp is supposed to help with and improve without it. Just like all the hyped additives that basically do nothing for the plant.

Munch517

Munch517

Best light in the world is free. But for indoor the different lights dont grow that much differently. And if you buy an expensive led the new better model may come out before you finish your grow. And it still wont be much better than the last version.

Marketing is another word for bullshit.

Any grower can practice and do better than the couple of percent the “better” lamp is supposed to help with and improve without it. Just like all the hyped additives that basically do nothing for the plant.

I think it's misleading to say that grow lights don't grow that much differently. If you're only comparing full spectrum grow lights I'd guess that that's probably true in the sense that the slight spectrum differences don't much matter. However, there's very different efficiencies and intensities with different grow lights and that does matter. Some cheaper grow lights may not be able to reach the intensity of light you want at all, some may be able to, but only over a very small area and may need tons of electricity to do so.

There's a lot of reasonably efficient, reasonably priced LEDs coming out now. You don't need to do what I did and get a Fluence, Gavita, Optic or even HLG. I like nice things, I'm comfortable with the concept of diminishing returns, that's why I went top of the line. Check out MIGRO's YouTube channel, he has seemingly reliable, non-bias reviews of lights. I'll be picking up a Mars Hydro SP250 for veg thanks to his information, probably the best cheap LED out as far as I can tell, short of the diy route.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I own a viperspectra 600w reflector series, this light is big bulky and inexpensive, I only use this light for veg, I own a California light works bloom booster for that, it exceeded my expectations as a veg light but as stated never tried to flower a plant with it, veg only, I don't think my plants look to bad, but if you want to spend mony check out black dog they have some great lights.

20190707 070921
20181228 083534
20180501 142846
M

Mac99

I own a viperspectra 600w reflector series, this light is big bulky and inexpensive, I only use this light for veg, I own a California light works bloom booster for that, it exceeded my expectations as a veg light but as stated never tried to flower a plant with it, veg only, I don't think my plants look to bad, but if you want to spend mony check out black dog they have some great lights.
have the same also .. but been researching for better

Top Bottom