Idea For A Small Cabinet Grow Plant

• Thread starter somethingwit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
somethingwit

somethingwit

So, I have seen online people do these solo cup challenges where they grow the plant to harvest only in a solo cup. For one thing, is there something more difficult about that (i.e. roots and keeping up with the needs of nutes)?

Along this line, I do have one other smaller female plant that I did not think could fit in my SCRoG ( I have four in there, but not sure if I'm supposed to just pack it full of plants or not), and I just wanted to see if I could keep her in a container like a 1 liter pot or something like that, and then just grow her under some random lights that I have hanging around.

Anyone with experience with this? I am doing this one for fun, but I am curious to know the ups and downs of it from your experience, and also what kind of yield and quality. Especially considering there will probably be a 3'-4' height limitation.

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

I would say it all comea down to genetics... Some plants will grow and grow no matter what. While others are fussy... For example, Blue dream is very forgiving and care free. Ive grown one in a solo cup from start to finish. My plan was ( as with most of my girls) to grow it out as a mother. I figured using a solo cup would make it root bound and slow the growth so i could get clones for a few weeks with a rotating cycle. But i quickly found out that no mater how many times i topped it, bent branches ect, it just wouldnt stop growing. It quickly got to big for my mother/clone tent. I said fuck it and threw it in my flower room in the cup. After the stretch, the thing was at about 5ft! It also yeilded close to a QP.... But ive also had fussy plants like G.D.P. in my experience she has to have just the right amount of everything to grow perfect. This sucks when growing with other plants in a flood system... But you did say it was just for fun so i say go for it. Doing things like this can tell you alot about certain strains and what they can handle.

somethingwit

somethingwit

I said fuck it and threw it in my flower room in the cup. After the stretch, the thing was at about 5ft! It also yeilded close to a QP.... But ive also had fussy plants like G.D.P. in my experience she has to have just the right amount of everything to grow perfect. This sucks when growing with other plants in a flood system... But you did say it was just for fun so i say go for it. Doing things like this can tell you alot about certain strains and what they can handle.

Holy cow. Hahha I did not expect for a solo cup grow to get like that. That is pretty cool that depending on the genetics you could wind up with something the Wizard of Oz wouldn't have expected lol.

Yea, this little cup thing for me is just for fun. I'm just now getting into growing, or this scene at all really (started with flower less than a year ago lol), so the grow I have in my one tent isn't giving me enough to do lol. I have a lot of bag seeds laying around, so lately I have been germinating and planting some here and there just to practice things like manifolding and other training ways.

So, you say Blue Dreams is a pretty resilient plant that just basically doesn't give a shit, it wants to grow lol? Sucky thing about my position is that having a source of information like you about different strains doing what, is only good for people like me for so far. Lol In a place where I can't get seeds, and I'm still haven't gotten up the nerve to order online lol. Out of curiousity, what other strains would be good for little fun grow challenges like the solo cup?

Top Bottom