Idea On Height For Hlg 600 Quantum

• Thread starter MeanGreen420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Fixing be receiving this light and I don't really wanna get a par meter at the moment. Anyone using this light and got an idea on how close for veg and flower? For one plant. Thanks everyone.

F

FarmerDaniel

Everyone wants to know their light levels based on people from the internet guessing!?

Sorry, this is just one I see over and over again and it's silly. I say silly because if people did the math on the increased yields by maximizing photosynthesis then they would see even a $500 PAR meter pays for itself quickly. If you do get yourself a PAR meter you will know what I mean. The changes from an inch of height can be significant. Also, is there a dimmer on that fixture? Dimming a fixture can result in significant changes as well. Nobody out there can guess at what kind of PAR you'll be delivering in your unique grow set up. I'm sure you'll get suggestions but if you ever played with a PAR meter you'd see how far off all those guesses are going to be. You'd see what reflective walls can do. You'd also see where all the best light is from your fixture so you can use it better.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Everyone wants to know their light levels based on people from the internet guessing!?

Sorry, this is just one I see over and over again and it's silly. I say silly because if people did the math on the increased yields by maximizing photosynthesis then they would see even a $500 PAR meter pays for itself quickly. If you do get yourself a PAR meter you will know what I mean. The changes from an inch of height can be significant. Also, is there a dimmer on that fixture? Dimming a fixture can result in significant changes as well. Nobody out there can guess at what kind of PAR you'll be delivering in your unique grow set up. I'm sure you'll get suggestions but if you ever played with a PAR meter you'd see how far off all those guesses are going to be. You'd see what reflective walls can do. You'd also see where all the best light is from your fixture so you can use it better.
Thank you

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Fixing be receiving this light and I don't really wanna get a par meter at the moment. Anyone using this light and got an idea on how close for veg and flower? For one plant. Thanks everyone.

Run 7-11inches from canopy. Some times I run mine closer. I have 9 132 qbs running .75w apiece

Monster762

Monster762

Honestly hlg is pretty solid company I’d go right where their recommendations are. I only got 2 of the hlg100 but I got a cola litterally basking about 4 inches from 4000k now n no burn. But I’d still go by third numbers. Depends on plants and a lot of things.

Monster762

Monster762

Honestly hlg is pretty solid company I’d go right where their recommendations are. I only got 2 of the hlg100 but I got a cola litterally basking about 4 inches from 4000k now n no burn. But I’d still go by third numbers. Depends on plants and a lot of things.
Their numbers not third

F

FarmerDaniel

going by the manufacturers numbers is a good starting point but go ahead and try that with most lights and use a PAR meter to compare those numbers to real world numbers. I think you'll find the same thing that I did. Lots of variables make a PAR meter a very useful tool.

Monster762 just proved my point for me. Think about what was said. "Got a Cola basking 4 inches away from the light and no burn". That means it's photosynthesizing faster than all the rest. It's doing that because it's getting more PAR. They would all be growing faster and stronger if they were all receiving the same PAR that the cola basking 4 inches away is receiving. It's widely known that photosynthesis increases as PAR increases. So, what would be ideal is to bring that cola down to the height of the rest of the canopy and lower the light so that all the buds get that more intense PAR. Doing that without a PAR meter is risky as implied by the strategy that most employ; they put their light close, but not too close. They don't want to risk putting it too close so they er on the side of caution.

When you're doing that with a human eye how can you possibly think you're getting close to the right PAR? Also mentioned was there are a lot of variables involved which further proves my point about a PAR meter. A PAR meter will remove those variables and the guessing game that you're playing.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

going by the manufacturers numbers is a good starting point but go ahead and try that with most lights and use a PAR meter to compare those numbers to real world numbers. I think you'll find the same thing that I did. Lots of variables make a PAR meter a very useful tool.

Monster762 just proved my point for me. Think about what was said. "Got a Cola basking 4 inches away from the light and no burn". That means it's photosynthesizing faster than all the rest. It's doing that because it's getting more PAR. They would all be growing faster and stronger if they were all receiving the same PAR that the cola basking 4 inches away is receiving. It's widely known that photosynthesis increases as PAR increases. So, what would be ideal is to bring that cola down to the height of the rest of the canopy and lower the light so that all the buds get that more intense PAR. Doing that without a PAR meter is risky as implied by the strategy that most employ; they put their light close, but not too close. They don't want to risk putting it too close so they er on the side of caution.

When you're doing that with a human eye how can you possibly think you're getting close to the right PAR? Also mentioned was there are a lot of variables involved which further proves my point about a PAR meter. A PAR meter will remove those variables and the guessing game that you're playing.
Run 7-11inches from canopy. Some times I run mine closer. I have 9 132 qbs running .75w apiece
Just got my order will test on lights on

Top Bottom