• Thread starter CIRE408
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CIRE408

CIRE408

IMG 1945
IMG 1951
IMG 1952
Whats happening farmers!!! Celebrating an early victory. Harvested my first ever plant yesterday. Right now I have them hanging in the garage. It's been hot out lately and the temps inside my garage are about 85 or more. Wondering if that's bad or good and for suggestions on a better place. I'd hate to ruin it now after all the hard work.

Freshone

Freshone

Well you gotta play the hand your dealt,85s a little warm,how's your humidity?I'd try to keep that about 50%.Dont point the fan right on them just circulate the air with it.Block out the light from those garage windows and temps will drop.
That is a pretty cool use of an ez up frame,I just threw one in the trash too,lol.Good luck!

Dunge

Dunge

Do what you can to get that heat down and get the humidity up.
Replace that bamboo with plastic sheet sealed top to bottom.
Isolate the space and modify the environment.

That's what I do.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

or take a tot and put it in there cut them and lay them in there turning them all the time so not the same bud is touching the same one for to long u don't want mold air flow is key u just need to keep a really good eye on them keep the lid on tight but remove it often to get freash air in

CIRE408

CIRE408

IMG 1802
Do what you can to get that heat down and get the humidity up.
Replace that bamboo with plastic sheet sealed top to bottom.
Isolate the space and modify the environment.

That's what I do.
Really? If I was a dumbfuck I might have actually taken that advice. You must be a sad grower giving out advice that might ruin someone's hard work. Luckily I do hours of research before deciding a technique to implement. First time grower and its some straight FIRE!!!!!!

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

View attachment 737692 View attachment 737693 View attachment 737694 Whats happening farmers!!! Celebrating an early victory. Harvested my first ever plant yesterday. Right now I have them hanging in the garage. It's been hot out lately and the temps inside my garage are about 85 or more. Wondering if that's bad or good and for suggestions on a better place. I'd hate to ruin it now after all the hard work.

Not that bad honstly it's better to let him dry in a lil cooler temps just to prevent the risk of over drying just make sure your watching them closely and checking everyday which I'm sure u are lol congrats on your first grow the mugs look tasty.

CIRE408

CIRE408

Not that bad honstly it's better to let him dry in a lil cooler temps just to prevent the risk of over drying just make sure your watching them closely and checking everyday which I'm sure u are lol congrats on your first grow the mugs look tasty.
Thanks. Temps have cooled down significantly here in Cali so my garage seems like an ideal place. Already jarred up some of the smaller buds. Tried it also. So far so good. Thanks to everyone who post good info on here and to those that don't stop the hate on us newbs!!! IRIEEEE!!!!!

dboy510

dboy510

Very nice those colas are looking super chunky. My garden seems to be a little behind yours as far as maturity and bud size. I think I'll be chopping my first plant(white buffalo) in 2 to 3 weeks. Was white buffalo first to finish for you?

Last edited:
CIRE408

CIRE408

Very nice those colas are looking super chunky. My garden seems to be a little behind yours as far as maturity and bud size. I think I'll be chopping my first plant(white buffalo) in 2 to 3 weeks. Was white buffalo first to finish for you?
Thanks. White buffalo did finish first. Probably could have let it go for one more week but started seeing some spider mites. It still turned out frosty and potent.
The scissor hash was incredible!!!

Dunge

Dunge

View attachment 738230
Really? If I was a dumbfuck I might have actually taken that advice. You must be a sad grower giving out advice that might ruin someone's hard work. Luckily I do hours of research before deciding a technique to implement. First time grower and its some straight FIRE!!!!!!
Sorry to offend, but in my experience, drying too fast is a great way to ruin a crop.

CIRE408

CIRE408

Sorry to offend, but in my experience, drying too fast is a great way to ruin a crop.
Don't know if you were trying to mess with me. I just haven't seen your technique anywhere. Just interested on how indeed do you dry something in a humid environment? Doesn't make sense to me. Then again I'm new and learning every day.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

u want RH bc if the air is to dry it will just suck all wet out of the bud drying them to fast making them smell like old grass or hay

for ever 10 Rh u have . count that as a day it will take to dry

BudBogart

BudBogart

Don't know if you were trying to mess with me. I just haven't seen your technique anywhere. Just interested on how indeed do you dry something in a humid environment? Doesn't make sense to me. Then again I'm new and learning every day.

I think his advice had merit. You raise the humidity when drying a plant in order to slow the drying process down. You would lower the heat down in order to further slow the drying process.
From your description I would guess the outer part of your bud will overly dry in 2-3 days. It is best if the weed dries for about 7 days, slowly so the bud dries evenly including the inside to the proper humidity of 62 for storage.

CIRE408

CIRE408

I think his advice had merit. You raise the humidity when drying a plant in order to slow the drying process down. You would lower the heat down in order to further slow the drying process.
From your description I would guess the outer part of your bud will overly dry in 2-3 days. It is best if the weed dries for about 7 days, slowly so the bud dries evenly including the inside to the proper humidity of 62 for storage.
Would drying it in one of those portable closets with a plastic zip up door work good? I am noticing a hay like smell but I thought that was normal until it completely cures. Most videos and articles say to dry for as little as 3 days and up to two weeks. The majority go with 5 days. Isn't the bud still drying while it's in the jar being cured? Doesn't a humid environment cause mold?

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Would drying it in one of those portable closets with a plastic zip up door work good? I am noticing a hay like smell but I thought that was normal until it completely cures. Most videos and articles say to dry for as little as 3 days and up to two weeks. The majority go with 5 days. Isn't the bud still drying while it's in the jar being cured? Doesn't a humid environment cause mold?

Be carful w that hay smell that could b a sign of over drying and if that happens then it will taste just like it smells even w the cure. 2 weeks seems like a long time however the more leaf u leave on the longer it could take for the buds to dry. Once place d in jars the idea is for the moister from the center of the bud to move to the outer part of the bud so if the nugs over dry then there will b no moister to move to the outer rim.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Many methods of increasing humidity to slow the dry process. I have brown paper bags to accomplish it in emergencies. Drying time seems to depend on how much is drying in how small of a space. You said your temps have cooled off, so have we in NorCal past day or so, humidity is up so that's gonna help you dry. You can dry buds in as little as 3 days, but you won't find anybody here recommending it as a best practice. As long as you don't have a breeze blowing thru the bamboo you should be okay. The bud is still curing after it is in the jar, but that is a much slower, subtler type of drying, but like you know, a humid enviro is gonna create mold, so this is all a matter of balance. Example, to control my humidity surrounding my drying buds, I like to dry them in a relatively small spot. I use a bedroom for a big harvest, less harvest I would dry in the closet with the door mostly closed, less than that I might hang them in a cardboard box, or again, a few buds will dry in a paper sack. I would never try and dry a few buds by hanging them in the bedroom. Hope that makes sense.

V

vacaville

Pitch black, 50%Rh, 70 degrees, air flow but not directly. Dunge was giving decent advise bases on the pic you attached. To fast, to hot will give you hay. Think his suggestion was ment to cool your garage and increase humidity. I'm in Cali to, 30 degrees cooler today then Saturday but still to hot in that garage. Depending on strain I normally wait til October to chop when temps are down, your choice. Up to you. Also, lighten up!!

Madbud

Madbud

I'm new but...i noticed the hay smell was much stronger for plants cut in daylight and suspect it is chlorophyl. My last trimming was at 3:00 am and they smell much cleaner. Final cuts will be after 2-3 days total darkness.

Top Bottom