Ideal Environment To Hang Dry?

• Thread starter CIRE408
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CIRE408

CIRE408

Pitch black, 50%Rh, 70 degrees, air flow but not directly. Dunge was giving decent advise bases on the pic you attached. To fast, to hot will give you hay. Think his suggestion was ment to cool your garage and increase humidity. I'm in Cali to, 30 degrees cooler today then Saturday but still to hot in that garage. Depending on strain I normally wait til October to chop when temps are down, your choice. Up to you. Also, lighten up!!
Cant lighten up until that bud smoke is in my lungs!!! Too much hard work all summer to not come out with grade A weed. It just seems like that guys technique would be a sweaty,moldy disaster and I thought he was giving bogus advice as I've seen on this forum before. It's all good though. I love learning about this plant and should have it down in about 20 years!!So much to learn.

CIRE408

CIRE408

Pitch black, 50%Rh, 70 degrees, air flow but not directly. Dunge was giving decent advise bases on the pic you attached. To fast, to hot will give you hay. Think his suggestion was ment to cool your garage and increase humidity. I'm in Cali to, 30 degrees cooler today then Saturday but still to hot in that garage. Depending on strain I normally wait til October to chop when temps are down, your choice. Up to you. Also, lighten up!!
Also curious to know why the darkness matters during drying.

V

vacaville

Cant lighten up until that bud smoke is in my lungs!!! Too much hard work all summer to not come out with grade A weed. It just seems like that guys technique would be a sweaty,moldy disaster and I thought he was giving bogus advice as I've seen on this forum before. It's all good though. I love learning about this plant and should have it down in about 20 years!!So much to learn.
Yeah some advice is whack but for the most part these folks are legit. Most creative people I know. Kinda like ur drying rack. Just remember folks are trying to help. I think he was seeing what he'd probably experienced. That is drying to fast ending up with hay odor. Especially after all that hard work.

V

vacaville

Also curious to know why the darkness matters during drying.
Just what I've learned over the yrs. Not exactly positive why, but light during the drying process is no bueno. Good question, anyone reading have a real insight on why darkness is key?

T

Tearsofshiva

View attachment 738230
Really? If I was a dumbfuck I might have actually taken that advice. You must be a sad grower giving out advice that might ruin someone's hard work. Luckily I do hours of research before deciding a technique to implement. First time grower and its some straight FIRE!!!!!!
Those are monsters

Bisquick

Bisquick

great looking grow, but the back peddling in this thread is amazing.

Everyone is here to help, surprised they still are after the responses you've given.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Just what I've learned over the yrs. Not exactly positive why, but light during the drying process is no bueno. Good question, anyone reading have a real insight on why darkness is key?
Heat and light degrade trichomes, that's why the smell is strongest in the morning and they look more sparkly.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

73degrees, 55-60%RH , fan on low away from material 7-10 days in the dark

Your garden looks great brother

Westie

Westie

Rookie season for me too.
Given I already had a old doggie door hole, installed a baby AC.

Built this sealed 4x8x8 box against the door. Work In Progress. AC easily keeps it at 65. NorCal garage.

I understand colder temps allow higher humidity.....I'm still learning.

Last edited:
Slap

Slap

I think his advice had merit. You raise the humidity when drying a plant in order to slow the drying process down. You would lower the heat down in order to further slow the drying process.
From your description I would guess the outer part of your bud will overly dry in 2-3 days. It is best if the weed dries for about 7 days, slowly so the bud dries evenly including the inside to the proper humidity of 62 for storage.

It can be at any where from 58RH to 62RH,
it's a preference and or type of strain.
Boveda packs work good after drying is done, if issues where it's stored. I believe I spelled Boveda correctly.

Top Bottom