Ideal Temp Range Vs Lighting To Aid Stunted Plants - Veg

• Thread starter blazeup420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
blazeup420

blazeup420

Just wondering what you guys would say is the perfect temperature?

I have 1200 watts total on 18/6 and my plants are stunted, they been through the wars a bit though. Cold start. Topped too early. Cal mag def. and nute burn.

Recently adjusted soil ph to around 7 the new growth is fine for the most part. They are just growing very slowly. Temps can get up to a max of 85 and humidity is about 40%

Bigger one of the two is 8 weeks old and 6 in tall. Should I turn some of the 300w LEDs off? And burnt the temp down? Or?... what am I doing wrong. These are sativas they're supposed to be tall!

blazeup420

blazeup420

And that photo was after bringing the soil down. It's not normally wet like that I am slowly getting watering OCD under control.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

In veg I strive for 80-85*f and 65-75% rh. Check the vdp chart for a o
good start matching tour temp to ideal rh. Imo, 40% rh is way too low. That alone will cause plants not to grow as properly as they could.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
1st thing that jumps out at me along with what @DemonTrich added is at a ph of 7.0 in soil is going to stunt your growth due to limited nutrient uptake. I run all my soil runs at 6.3-6.5 with great results.

blazeup420

blazeup420

Yeh I'm really trying to bring it back down. The soil original ph was 6

I just turned one light off making it cooler and rh went up to 50s

v12xjs

v12xjs

Is there signs of bleaching on those leaves? Hard to tell from the pic.
Not sure it applies to you but I have my young guns under a 20w white light until they are ready to flower, and when I first used it I had to tie some card across the glass to tone it down as it was killing everything. The only thing I changed was to reduce the light a little and everything went back to normal.

blazeup420

blazeup420

@v12xjs Na no bleaching. Don't think... I will also be Ordering some hoists this week.

Yeh I think the lightin I have is a bit overkill as well. Hence why I turned one off. The majority of lights are going to a flower room soon

Latest posts

Top Bottom