Ideal Tent Size For 4 Plants?

• Thread starter CannaN00b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Some material to build a frame and possibly heatsinks. But running each of those boards at 50W you won't need heatsinks.

I built me a small 2x2.5x2.5' weg box with quantum like boards at 150w. Those are rigid strips populated with 96 leds each running at about 25W a pop

View attachment 818783 View attachment 818784

I ordered those from china but are populated with the exact same chips as quantum boards.
is the watts controled by that little box hanging on the side,woulkdnt it be best in the long run to get the heat sinks too,if so which one?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

what about the 320w xl qb324 led kit at the link you provided,what your thoughts on that kit

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Some material to build a frame and possibly heatsinks. But running each of those boards at 50W you won't need heatsinks.

I built me a small 2x2.5x2.5' weg box with quantum like boards at 150w. Those are rigid strips populated with 96 leds each running at about 25W a pop

View attachment 818783 View attachment 818784

I ordered those from china but are populated with the exact same chips as quantum boards.
what intensity at 50 watt would the light put out in comparison to hid

Toaster79

Toaster79

is the watts controled by that little box hanging on the side,woulkdnt it be best in the long run to get the heat sinks too,if so which one?

That little box is just where all the wiring meets. There are still switches and potentiometer to be mounted on the cover and a timer next to it.

You shouldn't have trouble finding heatsinks. I ordered mine from Taiwan though. Much easier than from US. But I'm in Europe.

Toaster79

Toaster79

what intensity at 50 watt would the light put out in comparison to hid

I actually had a brain fart there. With 4 boards you would be running each at 100W max to get those 400W we were talking about. But like I mentioned before 30W/sqr' should be more than enough.

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I actually had a brain fart there. With 4 boards you would be running each at 100W max to get those 400W we were talking about. But like I mentioned before 30W/sqr' should be more than enough.
ya im looking at all it takes from that link,only way i could build one is threw the easy montly plan,you no over here that is what you say when you a broke dick haahah,but ya might take a few months to get it all together,100 watts per board would do my tent real good,what 2x4x5 is 8sqft 30 watts sqft so that 240 watt min right,so 3 boards would put me in the flower but 4 would bounce the white stuff to them buds lol

Toaster79

Toaster79

ya im looking at all it takes from that link,only way i could build one is threw the easy montly plan,you no over here that is what you say when you a broke dick haahah,but ya might take a few months to get it all together,100 watts per board would do my tent real good,what 2x4x5 is 8sqft 30 watts sqft so that 240 watt min right,so 3 boards would put me in the flower but 4 would bounce the white stuff to them buds lol

Oh i feel ya on the easy monthly plan. How do you think I'm doing it? It'll take me a year to build a 5x5' flowering room to do it right. If not longer.

I've been running 30w/sqr' in that box and found it too much. Though I had no air circulation in there except for the natural convenction forced by the lights through a 1" slit at the back of the box. With enough air movement i could run that box full throttle.

I have a 2:1 mix if 4000k:2700k in there and those plants were super stalky and bushy. Simply crazy. I'll be running 2:1 2700:4000 in my flower at 600w in a 5x5. Should be killing it in there.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Oh i feel ya on the easy monthly plan. How do you think I'm doing it? It'll take me a year to build a 5x5' flowering room to do it right. If not longer.

I've been running 30w/sqr' in that box and found it too much. Though I had no air circulation in there except for the natural convenction forced by the lights through a 1" slit at the back of the box. With enough air movement i could run that box full throttle.

I have a 2:1 mix if 4000k:2700k in there and those plants were super stalky and bushy. Simply crazy. I'll be running 2:1 2700:4000 in my flower at 600w in a 5x5. Should be killing it in there.
arent them just computer fans on the one you pictured,run them over the heat sink right

Toaster79

Toaster79

arent them just computer fans on the one you pictured,run them over the heat sink right

That's the light running in the tent and yes those are PC heatsinks with cobs mounted to it. I was talking about the box. Top of it is made of heatsinks and there's a gap between those and the back wall where the hot air can escape.

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

That's the light running in the tent and yes those are PC heatsinks with cobs mounted to it. I was talking about the box. Top of it is made of heatsinks and there's a gap between those and the back wall where the hot air can escape.
they dont need fans,wow how hot the box get with full force of light,is the room ac you have the box in

Toaster79

Toaster79

they dont need fans,wow how hot the box get with full force of light,is the room ac you have the box in

Never put a thermometer in there. It's sitting in my basement, no ac and just enough air circulation to keep co2 levels high enough (at least thats how it works in my tent, but I do have a 4" extraction fan in there). The reason I know it was too much is because top growth started shriveling when plants grew within 2" from the lights hahaha

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Never put a thermometer in there. It's sitting in my basement, no ac and just enough air circulation to keep co2 levels high enough (at least thats how it works in my tent, but I do have a 4" extraction fan in there). The reason I know it was too much is because top growth started shriveling when plants grew within 2" from the lights hahaha
hell that be the sign hahah,if it that good maybe think about making it taller,what distance from the canopy does it stay

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
what about the 320w xl qb324 led kit at the link you provided,what your thoughts on that kit
This would be perfect for you covering a 2x4 area. You could buy the parts seperately and save a little. I love my qb boards. I run a QB 260 xw in my 3x3 veg and two QB 260 xw in my 4x4 that i built for 560 watts that replaced my 420w cob led light. @sixstring

Last edited:
Toaster79

Toaster79

hell that be the sign hahah,if it that good maybe think about making it taller,what distance from the canopy does it stay

Haven't flowered anything in there yet. But when then I'll do a 12/12 run from seed hoping I don't hit rhe roof.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Haven't flowered anything in there yet. But when then I'll do a 12/12 run from seed hoping I don't hit rhe roof.
i like the build for sure,and wouldnt be any problems to put some computer fans in it if temps got out of control,that right there would be a cool idea for someone like me that just grow a few every year,id have to have it were i could do at least a 4 ft tall bush

Top Bottom