Identify Correctly And Win A Nice Prize

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
How much space you got? I use 4x4 sections for hunting and breeding and i can do 100ish plants no problem in that. Csi:humboldt does similar and posts a lot about it on instagram. He's also a top quality breeder and person. Amazing person with fantastic genetics and a quality instagram feed. He doesn't brush in like i do, i'm talking space. The truth is you can trim every plant into a thin stalk and it'll flower great. I put 100 solo cups into a single 4x4 tray and flower. I just take the crown to sample and regenerate what doesn't hermie and looks good, which is part of why i use cups instead of beds like csi:humboldt. I brush in pollen on lowers i would usually trim off on days 23-30 and don't get stray seeds ever. I do 4x4 production or hunting in the same room. The issue is when you want to start flowering and inspecting males, because you have to control air. Anyways, just chatting and giving ideas.

In reality the biggest bottleneck I have is plant numbers. Can only do so many at once. But I’ll still grow out more than I need and pick from the better ones to use for pollen chucks. I’m just a hobbyist right now. But someday I hope to blow it up.

Seraphine

Seraphine

It’s a true hemaphrodite based on its genetic material (fully formed male pollen sacks and female pistils) Not a hermaphrodite because it’s stressed (bananas).

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

In reality the biggest bottleneck I have is plant numbers. Can only do so many at once. But I’ll still grow out more than I need and pick from the better ones to use for pollen chucks. I’m just a hobbyist right now. But someday I hope to blow it up.
Yeah, i'm limited on that too. Might delete this post later but when i'm pushing numbers i just keep clips beside the cups and will literally race to cut them all. I'm lucky in that i have pretty high numbers and am not usually flexing on that line, but i don't accept arbitrary laws not based on morals. That's not for everyone obviously, but i regulate my behavior with my morals, not arbitrary laws to control money that aren't even relevant to me. Not saying you should be like me, that's just what i do. That doesn't stop production at all, i do a poundish per 4x4 obviously depending on cut.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah, i'm limited on that too. Might delete this post later but when i'm pushing numbers i just keep clips beside the cups and will literally race to cut them all. I'm lucky in that i have pretty high numbers and am not usually flexing on that line, but i don't accept arbitrary laws not based on morals. That's not for everyone obviously, but i regulate my behavior with my morals, not arbitrary laws to control money that aren't even relevant to me. Not saying you should be like me, that's just what i do. That doesn't stop production at all, i do a poundish per 4x4 obviously depending on cut.

Oh for sure bro. No worries. I don’t judge. I’m not doing it for profit. Just something to mess with and maybe spread a few beans to others down the line. I’m not expecting anything so I’ll be shocked if anything good comes from it.

I tossed pollen years ago and had some decent luck. Just luck of the draw really. I’m going to make some crosses I’ve not seen others make and see what I can come up with.

I don’t have much faith in these choco Diesel s1 beans. I’m not finding anything similar to the F1 seeds I grew out in the early 2000s from santasmoke. I was offered the original cut so I may end up culling these and just going with that. Hard to say. Still got a couple months to find out if they will amount to anything decent. But early terp rub tests aren’t too promising.

I do have one Choco D that smells very fruity. I’m interested to see how it turns out as I wouldn’t mind a fruity pheno to play with but the chocolate terp pheno I was after isn’t showing itself yet. So we’ll see. I’ve never grown anything from this particular breeder but he has good reviews. So we’ll see.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Oh for sure bro. No worries. I don’t judge. I’m not doing it for profit. Just something to mess with and maybe spread a few beans to others down the line. I’m not expecting anything so I’ll be shocked if anything good comes from it. I tossed pollen years ago and had some decent luck. Just luck of the draw really. I’m going to make some crosses I’ve not seen others make and see what I can come up with. I don’t have much faith in these choco Diesel s1 beans. I’m not finding anything similar to the F1 seeds I grew out in the early 2000s from santasmoke. I was offered the original cut so I may end up culling these and just going with that. Hard to say. Still got a couple months to find out if they will amount to anything decent. But early terp rub tests aren’t too promising.
It's really about luck when it comes to hunting. I prefer to work in f2 if i'm looking for new cuts to smoke or breed. F2 restacks the genetics and so you can find those one in a million recessive gene combinations that makes a legendary plant. They're also a lot less stable than f1s. Some of my best plants were from single seeds or 1 plant of 12 that lived. Look at how many famous bagseed cuts there are. I just try to hunt big numbers and i'm not rich and literally have 0 income for the last few years. So to be doing 10+ 100 plant hunt sets per year, i have to produce my own seeds. My illness eats all my money and time and life so it was necessary for what i wanted to do with cannabis as a person.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It's really about luck when it comes to hunting. I prefer to work in f2 if i'm looking for new cuts to smoke or breed. F2 restacks the genetics and so you can find those one in a million recessive gene combinations that makes a legendary plant. They're also a lot less stable than f1s. Some of my best plants were from single seeds or 1 plant of 12 that lived. Look at how many famous bagseed cuts there are. I just try to hunt big numbers and i'm not rich and literally have 0 income for the last few years. So to be doing 10+ 100 plant hunt sets per year, i have to produce my own seeds. My illness eats all my money and time and life so it was necessary for what i wanted to do with cannabis as a person.

I hear ya. It helps keep your garden lively by having new genetics every so often. I’m the same way. I’m having to rebuild my seed collection. Had over 60 strains at one time but due to unfortunate circumstances they are all gone. So I’m rebuilding my stable with tried and true genetics and hoping to take it from there and create my own .

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I hear ya. It helps keep your garden lively by having new genetics every so often. I’m the same way. I’m having to rebuild my seed collection. Had over 60 strains at one time but due to unfortunate circumstances they are all gone. So I’m rebuilding my stable with tried and true genetics and hoping to take it from there and create my own .
Pretty much exactly what i'm doing. Let all my old cuts die at the start of 2018. So far, i have 4 cuts that have tested positive in production and have never hermied or nannered in any grow yet of 4. My breeding is going to be long term, deeper generations with obvious goals in mind. What's your plans for that?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Pretty much exactly what i'm doing. Let all my old cuts die at the start of 2018. So far, i have 4 cuts that have tested positive in production and have never hermied or nannered in any grow yet of 4. My breeding is going to be long term, deeper generations with obvious goals in mind. What's your plans for that?

To be honest I’d like to work the lines for several generations to stabilize the desirable traits and weed out any negative traits but my taste in cannabis is different than a lot of people. So I’m mainly trying for uplifting, depression busting highs that don’t have much of a downer effect once the buzz wears off. I may try to isolate them individually and then work them together.

But it’s hard to say. I mean I’ve not even begun the process and priorities change from one day to the next so really whatever happens, happens. I just hope to make something decent and pass it around and spread the joy. If it helps one person in life then mission accomplished!

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

To be honest I’d like to work the lines for several generations to stabilize the desirable traits and weed out any negative traits but my taste in cannabis is different than a lot of people. So I’m mainly trying for uplifting, depression busting highs that don’t have much of a downer effect once the buzz wears off. I may try to isolate them individually and then work them together.

But it’s hard to say. I mean I’ve not even begun the process and priorities change from one day to the next so really whatever happens, happens. I just hope to make something decent and pass it around and spread the joy. If it helps one person in life then mission accomplished!
That's the way to be. Those energetic, just dissipates highs can be found in landrace sativas and some of the older school sativa hybrids in my experience. That's a pretty great goal to strive for. I hope one day you have or create a stable plant with those effects. Do you have any cuts that solidly meet that criteria?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
My goal of this round is to just get a good mix of genetics in the pool and go from there. I won’t know until I grow them out and I might not find any keepers along the way. But I’ll make a few crosses and try them all out and then narrow it down to what I feel has the best chance of creating something even better.

But in reality I know very little about this and don’t mind saying so. I’ve been reading about genetics for years and years and still don’t fully grasp all the concepts beyond the basics.

I used to pick Breeder Steve’s brain in chat years ago and he’s forgotten more than I’ll ever know. But it was fun to do and I appreciate the time he spent with me teaching me things I’ll never use.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
That's the way to be. Those energetic, just dissipates highs can be found in landrace sativas and some of the older school sativa hybrids in my experience. That's a pretty great goal to strive for. I hope one day you have or create a stable plant with those effects. Do you have any cuts that solidly meet that criteria?

The closest I’ve got is probably Cali-O. It is a great wake and bake smoke that you can toke all day and never need a nap. It’s not an overpowering strain by any means. You aren’t going to blow anyone’s tits off with its intensity. But that’s the point. It tastes like oranges and motivates you to do more.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Bubblegum was a similar strain I had years ago. I didn’t grow it so I don’t even know who’s it was. A relative of mine had a friend that grew and I’d get Oz’s of it for cheap. But it smoked great and had a great buzz. Now since then I’ve tried others and even crosses and they all put me to sleep. I grew bubbleberry years ago which was a bubblegum x blueberry and it was like smoking nytol. I ran out of other weed one day and decided to use it as my wake and bake buzz. Cuz why not? Needless to say 8 hours later I woke from my nap and the entire day had been lost. Haha. Last time I ever did that.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
To be clear, the correct answer is they are indeed male parts. In keeping that my environmental parameters are have been spot on, and no stress induction I would say what I have are "true" hermaphroditic plants.

Not as rare as we would like to think and almost always caused by the genetics.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Bubblegum was a similar strain I had years ago. I didn’t grow it so I don’t even know who’s it was. A relative of mine had a friend that grew and I’d get Oz’s of it for cheap. But it smoked great and had a great buzz. Now since then I’ve tried others and even crosses and they all put me to sleep. I grew bubbleberry years ago which was a bubblegum x blueberry and it was like smoking nytol. I ran out of other weed one day and decided to use it as my wake and bake buzz. Cuz why not? Needless to say 8 hours later I woke from my nap and the entire day had been lost. Haha. Last time I ever did that.
Those Indiana boys on them Indiana nights sure were growing some awesome bubble gum round those parts.:D

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
/most of the pods are standing upright and not down turned like a male sac. Rather confusing. A friend stopped by last night and said it was female parts starting new flower sites. They are are situated right up in the crux of the flowering part of the new growth. He says not to worry. I isolated it as I am inclined to think male pollen sacs
Not sure I would take much advice from your friend that stopped by... Do they even grow?

Top Bottom