If California Legalizes Marijuana, Consumption Will Likely Increase.

• Thread starter indicabush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Not even close. But he's a patient, he needs it for appetite and anxiety.
That makes no sense at all. Unless they have some kind of clause that he signed when he started school there.
I've been caught with personal in Missouri where pot heads are treated like nazi's and all they did was steal my belongings and throw me in jail overnight. So please explain?
If he didnt sign away his right to medicate on campus and is a mmj patient within his allowable amount of green(state certified) then he must have had the worst lawyer in existence.
Not that it's any of my business but you stated your main reason for voting yes to the new prop is because of your sons problems and I would like to know what you think will change after the polls?

Blaze

Blaze

Universities receive federal funding and therefore must follow federal guidelines. Your med card is worthless on campus, if they want to, they can throw the book at you. There were quite a few kids in the dorms at Humboldt State when I was there that got caught with cannabis that were charged with multiple felonies and got kicked out of school, though as far as I remember that was only if they were caught selling it or with larger amounts. It is unusual to hear of such an extreme reaction for a personal medical stash though.

I got caught with a joint my first year in the dorms at HSU. The Residential Advisor and the Campus Police tried to make a huge deal out of it, even threatened to kick myself and everyone else in the suite out, and I was issued a citation by the campus police to appear in court. When I showed up at the courthouse in Eureka the clerk looked at me, oviously very annoyed, and proclaimed "Why the hell is the University wasting our time with this? You have a medical card and it was only one joint, the case has been dismissed. Go home." Didn't even have to pay a fine or anything.

We definitely were a lot more careful smoking on campus after that though.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Universities receive federal funding and therefore must follow federal guidelines. Your med card is worthless on campus, if they want to, they can throw the book at you. There were quite a few kids in the dorms at Humboldt State when I was there that got caught with cannabis that were charged with multiple felonies and got kicked out of school, though as far as I remember that was only if they were caught selling it or with larger amounts. It is unusual to hear of such an extreme reaction for a personal medical stash though.

I got caught with a joint my first year in the dorms at HSU. The Residential Advisor and the Campus Police tried to make a huge deal out of it, even threatened to kick myself and everyone else in the suite out, and I was issued a citation by the campus police to appear in court. When I showed up at the courthouse in Eureka the clerk looked at me, oviously very annoyed, and proclaimed "Why the hell is the University wasting our time with this? You have a medical card and it was only one joint, the case has been dismissed. Go home." Didn't even have to pay a fine or anything.

We definitely were a lot more careful smoking on campus after that though.
Exactly, maybe her son had a bit more then personal or was caught selling.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
He was not. You can make all kinds of assumptions, but that is simply not the case. Using himself before class due to his anxieties, caught with a bowl, literally. Blaze is correct regarding the federal funding crap. If you believe that people aren't being dinged for cannabis-only 'crimes' in California, then you live an insulated life.

LASD kept him in jail for a week after pulling him over with an 8th that he had stashed in a container in the back exterior of his vehicle. He put it there so he wouldn't get dinged for open container or something like that. He was going home from school. Wanna know what they tried to charge him with? Smuggling.

An 8th.

Smuggling from school to home, really? They already knew he grew for himself, so...?

ANYONE who insists that people are only going to jail if they've done something worse/bigger are fooling themselves, and woefully ignorant.
How much did he get caught with Seamaiden?
A bowl.
If you go to court and show a rec to the judge they dismiss it almost every time.
No, they don't.

Freshone

Freshone

I just sat in a traffic court in Barstow for half a day and the judge heard at least 6 or 7 possession cases for under an oz written by highway patrol on 40 and 15 highways and the judge literally asked if they had a rec and if they had it he dismissed every case even when they got it after getting the ticket.
Sounds to me there is more to your son's story sea,sorry it went down like that.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There may be, but his story is consistent and consistently makes sense except for the repercussions. I've asked around previously and the federal funding stuff has been the reply. Digging more deeply into it, any CA college or uni that receives federal funding tends to take the feds' stance on cannabis, so they don't care if he's got a rec (he does, has longer than I have).

What really blew me away was a judge ordering him to register as a drug offender. I thought that only happens if other, harder drugs are involved. I don't know if this campus has their own legal division that would do this, or what, but just the concept of having to go onto a registry for doing any kind of drugs feels all kinds of wrong to me. I don't care what you're using.

F

friend

i am curious Blaze and sea maiden ?
If we were surrounded by a group of peers ,
excluding the fractured 1s ,
let's say at this year's emerald cup,
what type of reception would you receive with you're pro 64 mentality ?
for now i will with hold my opinion of judging you :nailbiting:
I just wish seamaiden and blaze karma.
Thank you guys for keeping you're unbiased
Opion to yourselfs .
Wish you 2 karma you haven't seen yet ! :happy:

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Opion to yourselfs .
What is a pro 64 mentality?:drunk2:

Blaze

Blaze

what type of reception would you receive with you're pro prop 64
Considering that the group that puts on the emerald cup, along with Tim Blake and all the other organizers and judges are all unanimously in favor of prop 64, probably a very friendly one. People on here act like all growers and consumers of cannabis and medical patients are against it which is absolutely false. Just because you do not agree with someone on a political issue does not mean you have to hate the other person. Little Hill and I are very good friends and you don't see us attacking each other despite our differences of opinion on this issue you do? This ignorant, hostile "either you are with us or against us" attitude is EXACTLY what I am talking about when I say that the cannabis community will never, ever be able to get their act together and pass something better.

Last edited:
L

Little Hill

It looking favorable to pass. Its a much better prop than 19 was. From the folks ive talked to up here a far majority are against it. Myself included. I dont like being fucked by anyone but my girlfriend.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Opion to yourselfs .
Ok, this is the second time you've taken a snipe at me without actually saying whatever the hell it is you're trying to say.

If I'm surrounded by a group of me peers, I would say what I'm saying now, and I'll continue to do so with respect and not sideways insults.

You don't like what I'm saying? Don't read it. You are clearly not holding your opinion nor are you not judging either of us. But hey, you go on with your bad self, mkay? Doesn't make a bit of difference in my world because I figured out by 10yo I was never going to please everyone. Every adult should have checked that one off their mental roster.
This ignorant, hostile "either you are with us or against us" attitude is EXACTLY what I am talking about when I say that the cannabis community will never, ever be able to get their act together and pass something better.
No truer words. I find myself asking myself some days, What 'community'? Then people like you or chickenman get going and I see what community.

Blaze

Blaze

So did your county/city ban Cannabis everything; like most of every other city/ county in CA?

Mine did. Thank God my 215 card PROTECTS me still. Until MMRSA at least; which you all helped vote into LAW ( over riding patients rights) .

Amazing Progress!!! Much legalization for everyone!!!

Nope my county didn't ban anything fortunately but they did put a comprehensive regulation program into place that is still being ironed out.

Also prop 215 does not protect anyone from anything or insure any rights what so ever. It give you an affirmative defense in court (and apparently a false sense of security in your case). That's it. Under prop 215 a law enforcement officer could at any time, for any reason, chop your plants and charge you with a felony, even if you were in full compliance with local and state laws. That cannot happen anymore.

Secondly MMRSA was not voted into law by anyone, it was NOT a ballot initiative. It was put into place by the California legislature. Have you even voted in California's elections? I am guessing like most growers, the answer is "no" otherwise you might know this. Furthermore I am not sure how my vote in the presidential election has any relation what so ever to this, but no, I did not vote for Hillary she was a terrible candidate.

You statement show that you are obviously EXTREMELY misinformed about California's cannabis laws both past and present. Prop 64 passed by a landslide - stop acting like a whiny little child and deal with it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
He decided another tack was necessary in this discussion and got nasty. Yo no lo permite.

Blaze

Blaze

Damn you are fast Sea I just went to get a cup of coffee while reading another thread haha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom