If The Plant Looks Well Fed

• Thread starter bluewind
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bluewind

bluewind

should we still go by the nutrient feeding schedule and overload the plant with food even though she looks well fed, i'm still not sure when I should be using a different schedule, example; WEEK 1.feed-feed-nothing-water for a flush?-feed-nothing-feed. << something like that, how would you justify skipping food for just plain ph water, coco recommends to feed with nutrients every ''watering'' so its a bit confusing. Does the coco drain so well that it doesn't matter if you over feed the plant?

dan1989

dan1989

No no no. In my opinion, throw the feeding schedule away. Start way low down dosage wise and work up if it looks yellowy and under fed. The way I see it, it's easier to put weight on than burn it off, right?

Correct, you should not flush coco with plain water. Do your research, use the search bar. But basically if you want to flush for whatever reason, use a weak nute solution with plenty runoff and give it a regular dosage feed soon after, say no longer than a day. If you read up on coco you will understand why. Don't let it get dry etc etc. This is a too common a subject on here to expect much more clues than what I just gave you.

When you say well fed, if your leaves are a dark green and shiny textured you are overfeeding. Burned yellow leaf tips are classic nitrogen burn symptoms. If you're seeing this, lower your dosage. In my unprofessional opinion.

Welcome to the farm!

bluewind

bluewind

No no no. In my opinion, throw the feeding schedule away. Start way low down dosage wise and work up if it looks yellowy and under fed. The way I see it, it's easier to put weight on than burn it off, right?

Correct, you should not flush coco with plain water. Do your research, use the search bar. But basically if you want to flush for whatever reason, use a weak nute solution with plenty runoff and give it a regular dosage feed soon after, say no longer than a day. If you read up on coco you will understand why. Don't let it get dry etc etc. This is a too common a subject on here to expect much more clues than what I just gave you.

When you say well fed, if your leaves are a dark green and shiny textured you are overfeeding. Burned yellow leaf tips are classic nitrogen burn symptoms. If you're seeing this, lower your dosage. In my unprofessional opinion.

Welcome to the farm!
thank you!

Enforcer

Enforcer

Welcome to the farm!
His opinion may be unprofessional. But it’s correct. Throw that feeding schedule away, do your research on your chosen growing style, and learn to listen to the plant.

bluewind

bluewind

His opinion may be unprofessional. But it’s correct. Throw that feeding schedule away, do your research on your chosen growing style, and learn to listen to the plant.
any info is appreciated!
I returned the x4 daylight 23 true watt cfl bulbs today and got myself one of those huge 150w 6500k+reflector..cost me 100$ lol (buying a 550w LED once I get my tax return ), can already tell the plants love it, my sprouts in the peat pellets jumped up and unfolded within a few hours of installing the new light(could be the dash o this dash o that nute blend,or the rapid start nitrous ) I'm thinking about taking some bottles into the depot and picking up another 150w 6500 or put the money into a savings jar for that 550.

also if anyone see;s this by chance, if you have ever grown the ''blue god' or ''blue deity'' I can't find anything on the net about growing this strain

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

when growing in coco make sure your always feeding at no point do you want just plain water. keep your ph around 5.8 (5.5-6-2 max) in the beginning your gona want to hand water and its fine to let your ph drift abit between those numbers above because nutes are uptake better at different phs. also make sure when you eventually transplant into a bigger pot it isnt to much bigger, with coco coir its better to up pot a few times rather than jump to something big. i wouldnt advise going above 5 gallons either , coco performs best when its root bound and can handle multiple feedings a day. you can grow trees in 3 gallons or less very easily. in the very beginning its better to let the medium dry a little bit but i use caution with the word dry. coco should never ever get bone dry because your ferts will crystalize into salts in the medium and cause lock out and all kinds of debauchery. just keep an eye on them and let thte roots go huntin for water and nutes in the begging beause if you feed them everyday in the beggining theyll be content but theyll be lazy fucks and roots wont go searchin if what they got already is more than enough. i would suggest down the road settin up a drip feed in a drain to waste setup for when you get into flower you can feed multiple times a day at a lower ec and youll get hydro results like coco should.

Latest posts

Top Bottom