I'm New To This Help Me

• Thread starter Spooney
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Spooney

I've heard lots of different ways to dry and trim should I start trimming at the end of should I hang them up 1st wait for them to dry and then trim

william76

william76

Different folks will tell u different methods,but personaly i trim then dry then cure,i think its more messy trimming with dry plants,really its preference,why not do both,try half that way and the other half dry then trim then cute,that way u know whats best for you.good luck,76.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I've heard lots of different ways to dry and trim should I start trimming at the end of should I hang them up 1st wait for them to dry and then trim
Cut the whole plant hold it upside down trim off all the leaves you don't need to groom the buds right now a lot of that shit will break and fall off anyway. Hanging upside down in a cool dry place with a tiny bit of air flow on it.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Hold it by the trunk and don't touch your buds you don't want to rub off all the good shit LOL

Last edited:
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

If your plant is just huge and loaded with buds and you are unable to do it in one shot just cut big branches off until she's all hung up.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Something like this. I used clothes line and clothes pins. I don't do it like this any longer. I now trim wet, dry on nets, then cure in mason jars.

2013 09 02 14 55 09 182
20170202 215333

Monster762

Monster762

If you wait for it to dry before trimming you will have a mess of leaf all wrapped up n in the way of things. I always trim around it all the way but not necessarily getting every piece of leaf coming out the bud just trim all the big stuff and longer leaf tips off the nug Hang it upside down. Some will say hang while plant that just slows the drying process though. I cut all branches at bottoms trim n hang branches. Don't speed dry but don't hinder the drying either. How long it hangs before dry will vary by temp and humidity. I like lower temp low humidity. I hung in dark wardrobe with doors shut but don't seal air tight.you want to dry until stems can snap. If you have to fight with smaller stems being stringy it ain't ready. I always put in paper bags once it's snap dry The paper draws the inner moisture outward. Then jar it in ball masons. Supposedly there is better curing jars now but old school is just large ball masons available cheap at Walmart by the case. Drying and curing are very important. You can screw a perfect batch up doing it wrong. There are people on here will tell you more. I'm no pro. Don't let it mold. And as said above don't finger it all up it'll be very sticky right now and the good stuff will stick to your fingers not the bud.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

If you wait for it to dry before trimming you will have a mess of leaf all wrapped up n in the way of things. I always trim around it all the way but not necessarily getting every piece of leaf coming out the bud just trim all the big stuff and longer leaf tips off the nug Hang it upside down. Some will say hang while plant that just slows the drying process though. I cut all branches at bottoms trim n hang branches. Don't speed dry but don't hinder the drying either. How long it hangs before dry will vary by temp and humidity. I like lower temp low humidity. I hung in dark wardrobe with doors shut but don't seal air tight.you want to dry until stems can snap. If you have to fight with smaller stems being stringy it ain't ready. I always put in paper bags once it's snap dry The paper draws the inner moisture outward. Then jar it in ball masons. Supposedly there is better curing jars now but old school is just large ball masons available cheap at Walmart by the case. Drying and curing are very important. You can screw a perfect batch up doing it wrong. There are people on here will tell you more. I'm no pro. Don't let it mold. And as said above don't finger it all up it'll be very sticky right now and the good stuff will stick to your fingers not the bud.
What he said.

fatawa

fatawa

Where can you buy those net things?
amazon..u also hav to b careful with those cuz if left unmonitered stuff dries quick in those..i do mine classic way.i dnt cut nothing small to hav to put on nets.cut individual branches,hang.wen small stem just start to snap,throw n mason jars.i do 2 trims.first just longer fans,leave sugar leaves till after dry,right b4 they get jarrd

CIRE408

CIRE408

amazon..u also hav to b careful with those cuz if left unmonitered stuff dries quick in those..i do mine classic way.i dnt cut nothing small to hav to put on nets.cut individual branches,hang.wen small stem just start to snap,throw n mason jars.i do 2 trims.first just longer fans,leave sugar leaves till after dry,right b4 they get jarrd
Yea on my first outdoor grow. Weed gods willing I'll be needing to figure out which drying and curing method I'll use. Thanks.

fatawa

fatawa

Yea on my first outdoor grow. Weed gods willing I'll be needing to figure out which drying and curing method I'll use. Thanks
theres many out there.turkey bag,brown bag,its endless.anything fast isnt good is pretty much the key.im not not talking bout the nets demon uses(amd many others)those r made for weed and r good.i mean theres no good quick dry way so b patient.slow n steady wins this race

Organikz

Organikz

I'm with @fatawa on this. It could be in my head but a guy told me to trim dry so chlorophyll doesnt get all over the bud and I feel like a good slow dry is a.part of curing. My buds seemed have 0 plant taste even before full cure but the mind can fool us. If It keeps making me think buds smell and taste better I'll keep doing it.

fatawa

fatawa

I think it's much less messy dry trimming, the sugar leaves fall right off when you touch them with the scissors
yup i agree anyway.i only do 2 trims cuz my chic loves edibles so that first cut is just the stupid shit.them sugar leaves r primo tho

Top Bottom