Im Sticking To Hps For The Win, Not Mars Led

• Thread starter notplayinn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Two QB132's (3500k)..140 watts..QBs = $70 and Driver was $35..+ misc hardware $5..
Not bad for $110..(No heatsink needed..Driver is outside the tent for good measure..heat wise..:cool::cool::cool:

9 6 18

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Can you show a pic of the light setup? Very interested. How’s it performing?
Just fine..I use other QBs in similar configs.:cool::cool::cool:

I am using 2 boards for 1 plant..I wanted the best possible lighting for my 1st breeding project.
Temps at the face..109d F..
2100Ma (full load)

Mine are in Parallel..not series, as I had a driver and am not afraid of thermal runaways with QBs in general;)

9 6 18

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
That is very cool. I like seeing stuff like this. I know you know your shit so this is all very neat to see.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

That is very cool. I like seeing stuff like this. I know you know your shit so this is all very neat to see.
Thanks..But I am still and ALWAYS learning..
BTW..I use LRS-350-36 Meanwell drivers for my parallel QB132 setups.
Here's a bath tub grow with more QBs..
1x QB288 (3000k) flanked by a QB132 in 2700k on each side..Works for me..:smoking:
5 18 18

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Why don’t you guys go get married to some mafukin cobs since you love em so damn much. I’m going to custom make a dildo cob unit to represent how boned up everyone is for em. The extra light won’t hurt neither
your attitude kind of sux. I see your one of them fellas that don't like anyone that doesn't agree with how you roll.

Slow your roll bro and blend in. We can all agree to disagree!!!! Peace

Last edited:
B

Burned Haze

COB’S Are awesome

I have (4) cob systems made by timber ( 2 600w, 2 900w) and comparing it to to a DE bulbs OR my SPYDRX plus’s. I would def say if you your willing to do DIY . It’s the worth every penny and what I like is being under a true white led ( way easier to spot deficiency issues and pests issues but just be a pleasure working like the de-leafing part)

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Buzzer777 man. You got to chill. I’m the kind of person that can argue and joke around and actually learn. Do you cry irl whenever someone disagrees with you? I’ve listened to your goings ons about LED s and am considering your side of things. I ve also made a few jokes and if I’ve offended you I honestly didn’t mean to. I can’t ignore the info I’ve read about cobs and qb so I am considering trying it. You don’t need to shit on everyone who does still prefer h.i.d. Mind you. And the cob dildo thing.. I’m sorry for being to obscene for all you puritans geeeez

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Came back for a minute just to see what all the commotion was all about..Now I see..

All was good for me in your post UNTIL the last sentence..Now I can go back to what I did (in my own account) and feel vindicated.
^^^"I’m sorry for being to obscene for all you puritans geeeez^^^ ...WTF???

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

So sensitive. ✌ Have a good time with your vindication and a nice day

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
How long does it take to get your moneys worth on these expensive ass leds. Ohhh right they burn out by long before that time comes. I ve used the same dirty ol 400 watt hps (old street light) and greasy ol 400 mh (was free) for years. Replaced maybe 3 bulbs.. oh nooo I paid like 50 bucks more power a year.. NOOOOO
Its your posts like this one that are 0% humor, and 100% negativity... that dont sit well with people.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Alright I’m the worst. Anyways Anyone I know locally that has used led s has waisted a bunch of money and I haven’t but apparently they are doing it wrong with wrong setup seeing as I’ve seen/heard successful led expiriences on here. Again sorry to offend the whole growing community with my horribly offensive comments and opinions. Just here to learn

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
LOL you say you want to learn, I'm onboard with that, however learning is best achieved when the mouth stops and the ears open. It also helps not to offend the ones doing the teaching!!!!!

Carry on fellas just keep it civil.:D

At the end of the day leds have come a long way. Have they arrived yet to rival de mh and hps in yields,? answer is using the right gear and growing skillz, yes they are edging closer all the time. :D

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
And will costs ever get reasonable, probably not, we live in a capitalist system where all that matters is gross profits and corporate bonuses. Thats why QB and diy cobs is the way to go. Helps keep that upfront cost in the ballpark.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Just ordered a 1000 watt hps with cool tube. Going to use the btu s to heat my house and be able to keep my space nice and cool. I live where it’s very cold and my 1500 watt heater runs most of the time on the coldest days. Won’t have to run much now. To each there own. I’m allowed to still love hid lol. I do currently use a few led bulbs with the globe popped in my veg tho ✌

Latest posts

Top Bottom