• Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't foliar ever.
My plants don't know what rain feels like :smug:

I like to keep the water/nutrients moving from the roots to the leaves then from the leaves into the air. All the plants get is put into the soil.

I'm not saying one method is better than the other. Just saying what I do personally.
I feel that foliar feeding is a good tool to scout for a particular nute deficiency as the uptake thru the stomata is quicker than the soil route, it is a good way to diagnose a defish as the reaction time is quicker. But overall I dont really spray either unless I have to.

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

I feel that foliar feeding is a good tool to scout for a particular nute deficiency as the uptake thru the stomata is quicker than the soil route, it is a good way to diagnose a defish as the reaction time is quicker. But overall I dont really spray either unless I have to.
Never thought to use it on that way. Makes perfect sense though.

incogneato

incogneato

20161021 160155
Thinking its time to top the holy grail, second from the right. She's throwing her 7th set so its overdue.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
View attachment 641320 Thinking its time to top the holy grail, second from the right. She's throwing her 7th set so its overdue.

If your growing them all together I have a suggestion on the topping.

I would wait until they all are ready to top. Then do them all at once.

The biggest one may lose a lot of growth and the smallest will only lose a little.

It will level the field and help keep canopy heights regulated/even.

incogneato

incogneato

If your growing them all together I have a suggestion on the topping.

I would wait until they all are ready to top. Then do them all at once.

The biggest one may lose a lot of growth and the smallest will only lose a little.

It will level the field and help keep canopy heights regulated/even.
I'm winging it here as I didn't expect to have a bunch of seedlings a few weeks apart but here's what I was thinking: top the biggest one now. Use that cut for a clone and run it with this run. Train the clone and the rest of the seedlings for the same amount tops and train the bigger one for an extra set of tops. I'm thinking I'll pull the auto at some point and run it in its own area and have the photos arranged like a 5 on the ⚄ in the tent. That being said as with everything I've tried so far I'm sure this plan will also go out the window and I'll be doing something totally different lol

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

View attachment 641320 Thinking its time to top the holy grail, second from the right. She's throwing her 7th set so its overdue.
They look as tho they are making a come back... If I might make a suggestion. Let it grow more... All of them. I feel like you need to raise that light a little more. I would raise that light 14 inches off them for 48hrs... Then re-ajust. And rmoltis is giving good advice. Another 3 weeks could change alot. Let them get a foot tall. Then decide about topping and lsting.

I know it's hard to leave them alone. Good news is it gets easier. You just need to get your first harvest in. Mater fact sometimes I can get kinda lazy. That's why I went with RDWC. . cause I ain't checking individual buckets...

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I wait until they are at least 5 nodes high, usually 7 or 8, then cut the top two nodes and put it in a cup of water with rapid rooter, then pull off everything under the top three nodes. This makes the side branches shoot out, after topping the top nodes one more time the bottom ones should be cought up and a few weeks later its ready to flower and get 8 tops.
If you are doing reg seeds you can stick the cuts right in the flower room to sex them.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I wait until they are at least 5 nodes high, usually 7 or 8, then cut the top two nodes and put it in a cup of water with rapid rooter, then pull off everything under the top three nodes. This makes the side branches shoot out, after topping the top nodes one more time the bottom ones should be cought up and a few weeks later its ready to flower and get 8 tops.
If you are doing reg seeds you can stick the cuts right in the flower room to sex them.
Are you saying you put the clone in 12/12 just as soon as you cut it?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hey buddy... remember when we both started seeds back about 40 days ago... Mine was in that root spa I built. Had 13 seedlings... Well here is the 4 that I kept...
2 of the 4 showed sex. 1 left to show and the other is a female seed. 7 days to the day! So we got 2 at least.. and maybe that last one will be a female.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You can put them directly in 12/12 to check sex but they rarely ever root. I would let them root for a week or two first, that way at least you could test out a nug to see if you wanted to flower the mom or not.

incogneato

incogneato

Hey buddy... remember when we both started seeds back about 40 days ago... Mine was in that root spa I built. Had 13 seedlings... Well here is the 4 that I kept...
Looking good bro! I haven't done the root spa yet because I wasn't sure if my mix would be ok for that. Its half coir and half peat. I've been slowing raising the height of my lights like you suggested and they seem happier now

Latest posts

Top Bottom