Increasing Bud Weight... cheap.

• Thread starter Jack Griffin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SCGfarmer

I make a chicken manure/molasses tea that really works well.

You have to brew the chicken manure tea out in the sun for about a month before use, you add your molasses about 2 week into it.

Once it stops smelling to high heaven, you know that it's ready to use.

That's just flat out hard core.:joint:

M

Moose71

i use molasses in my grows and have 30+ years gardening experience. i use 1/4 tsp. blackstrap per gal. for the whole grow. for it to work you need to mix with nutes water and a bact. /fungal supplement like great white and put a airstone to it at least 48hrs. the bact. /fungi attach to the root hairs and increase nutrient uptake. the molasses carbs and micronutrients feeds them and makes them absorb more nutrients , increasing yields. too much tho. will bring in bugs and bottom out ph , causing root rot so use sparingly! the more diverse nutrients being brought in also causes the buds to taste better. not the molasses directly. hope this clears things up. for soil grows a little milk also works the same way.

T

TripC

i use molasses in my grows and have 30+ years gardening experience. i use 1/4 tsp. blackstrap per gal. for the whole grow. for it to work you need to mix with nutes water and a bact. /fungal supplement like great white and put a airstone to it at least 48hrs. the bact. /fungi attach to the root hairs and increase nutrient uptake. the molasses carbs and micronutrients feeds them and makes them absorb more nutrients , increasing yields. too much tho. will bring in bugs and bottom out ph , causing root rot so use sparingly! the more diverse nutrients being brought in also causes the buds to taste better. not the molasses directly. hope this clears things up. for soil grows a little milk also works the same way.

Moose: I never use great white, instead, I use GH RapidStart for the first 4 weeks or so (veg) then throughout flower I use Canna Rhizotonic. Will molasses help with these root supplements? Thanks for any feedback.

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

Sugar is a contaminant. Its in the bud. All those carb products.

Trust me on this. I went broke investigating the ONLY negative symptoms I get from Cannabis. Its the sweeteners! Burnt sugar coating my lungs and nearly killing me. And about 95% of growers feed their buds sugar before chop, for weight.

Feeding sugars in the last month is absolutely no different than spraying them with a mixture, morally or health/quality wise. Ive also discovered its why most growers don't have dank. It kills the natural dankness completely.

The flavored sweeteners are even worse. Which tons of peoples entire crops smell like Floranectar, Sweet, Budcandy, Molasses, etc etc etc. I think 99% of growers need to be revoked.

M

Moose71

Moose: I never use great white, instead, I use GH RapidStart for the first 4 weeks or so (veg) then throughout flower I use Canna Rhizotonic. Will molasses help with these root supplements? Thanks for any feedback.
any microhaze fungi/ ben. bactiria supplement added to the soil will help in nutrient uptake. the molasses just feeds and encourages them to grow and therefore take in more nutrients that is passed on to the plants. spraying a plant directly with this doesn't benefit them but a light dose (1/4 tsp per gal.) with your nutes thought the grow will give you better yields. the taste of molasses isn't passed on to the plants as the bacteria and fungi eat it. not the plant itself. too much can cause root rot and bug problems. if it starts to get stinky in your grow room stop giving it and feed plain nutes for awhile. start back with half that dose. good luck!

Last edited:
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I FINALLY broke down and bought a copy of Jorge Cervantes' Marijuana Horticulture.

On page 260 of my copy (5th ed.?), there is a full-page photograph of two similar-looking buds side-by-side. However, the bud on the right is significantly larger than the other bud.

The caption below the photo reads, "Adding sugar during the last 6 weeks augmented harvest weight of the bud on the right by 20%."

A few local growers i know swear to the effectiveness of feeding their plants sugar.

Anybody out there familiar with this theory?

I was just thinkin'... sugar is a lot cheaper than the other stuff we buy for our girls.
Yes I use caster sugar in my folia spray feeds them up good and I have used lemonade in my water at the end of the grow give them a nice sugar burst my father gets sugar cane mill mud which is full of sugar he uses it as a ground amendment I've seen good results using it .

T

TripC

any microhaze fungi/ ben. bactiria supplement added to the soil will help in nutrient uptake. the molasses just feeds and encourages them to grow and therefore take in more nutrients that is passed on to the plants. spraying a plant directly with this doesn't benefit them but a light dose (1/4 tsp per gal.) with your nutes thought the grow will give you better yields. the taste of molasses isn't passed on to the plants as the bacteria and fungi eat it. not the plant itself. too much can cause root rot and bug problems. if it starts to get stinky in your grow room stop giving it and feed plain nutes for awhile. start back with half that dose. good luck!
Excellent info - thank you very much for the reply and good advice!

Man rock

Man rock

I FINALLY broke down and bought a copy of Jorge Cervantes' Marijuana Horticulture.

On page 260 of my copy (5th ed.?), there is a full-page photograph of two similar-looking buds side-by-side. However, the bud on the right is significantly larger than the other bud.

The caption below the photo reads, "Adding sugar during the last 6 weeks augmented harvest weight of the bud on the right by 20%."

A few local growers i know swear to the effectiveness of feeding their plants sugar.

Anybody out there familiar with this theory?

I was just thinkin'... sugar is a lot cheaper than the other stuff we buy for our girls.
I use tha Mexican sugar organic and full of minerals and vitamins
Poncella come sugar dark melt it down hot water feed one come per 5 galon water

kronic19

kronic19

I got a jar of grandma's unsulphurated molasses on hand works perfectly increasing yield and make buds stickier.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Molasses does not make the buds or plants bigger.

Molasses feeds the beneficial microbes in the soil, which in turn helps break down the nutes, which in turn is more easily available to be uptaken by the roots easier. Which allows the plant to grow bigger and bigger buds.

kronic19

kronic19

I've personally used molasses and seen the results, when using synthetic nutrients there is no microbes to feed...kinda clueless..

kronic19

kronic19

Molasses feeds the beneficial microbes in the soil, which in turn helps break down the nutes, which in turn is more easily available to be uptaken by the roots easier. Which allows the plant to grow bigger and bigger buds.
You don't even know what "microbes " they are talking about i, can't wait to show you "things" and have a "mod" mind his business got some learning to do..

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You don't even know what "microbes " they are talking about i, can't wait to show you "things" and have a "mod" mind his business got some learning to do..

Hmm, I dont believe I know how it works then. Please enlighten me and the rest of us on how molasses actually works, if you are so inclined.

sixstring

sixstring

i'll be your huckleberry haha,please prove you know your plant biology and make me mind my business.tell us how simple sugars will make our buds bigger :facepalm:

Enforcer

Enforcer

This is my understanding as well.

Leew421

Leew421

The cheapest alternative to bigger buds is less bud sites. Remove all the little crap that will take away from the main buds

Top Bottom