[indoor Grow] Strawberry Banana

• Thread starter deadcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funk junky

Funk junky

If you’re sending photos on an iPhone I suggest using photo investigator, as it makes sure you’re not sending gps of the location the photo was taken. Just noticed you said using phone earlier mate

deadcat

deadcat

Looking perky, getting some frost too. The total height is still only at like 4in too, gonna try to tie her around the brim as she grows. Tied the central node down on to itself to expose some inner nodes in that area. Just trying to get as much rampant growth as possible right now.

Once it's a few weeks from Harvest, I'll be cutting the lower ~30% (dry out and hash it) like a lot of others do in order to increase the top colas. Besides, the lower part usually gets weak buds that are a pain in the ass to trim lol.

20181220 084607
20181220 084614
Last edited:
deadcat

deadcat

Also.. More tie downs and I angled the light to promote heavier growth on the side with all the space available. Planning to help her inch further and further into that area.

20181221 222108
deadcat

deadcat

Eh.. Been doing this for long enough to know I don't have the space for that, imo (tent is only 2x2x4). Let's also not forget I'm working with LEDs which greatly lose their efficiency reaching the lower parts as the plant grows.

Trying to keep her as short as possible and this is the best way to do it that I'm aware of.

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Eh.. Been doing this for long enough to know I don't have the space for that, imo (tent is only 2x2x4). Let's also not forget I'm working with LEDs which greatly lose their efficiency reaching the lower parts as the plant grows.

Trying to keep her as short as possible and this is the best way to do it that I'm aware of.
Your doing fine. But I’m sure you would be ok if you let her grow 6-12 inches.

deadcat

deadcat

Your doing fine. But I’m sure you would be ok if you let her grow 6-12 inches.

Oh she'll get there.. She's only been flowering for about 3 weeks, hasn't started shooting up just yet. In my experience the height will easily triple in upcoming weeks. That's why I'm being diligent about trying her down properly before that happens.

Then my current plans are to cut the tie downs when it's 3 weeks to harvest, then at 2 weeks till harvest, trim off the lower ~30% (and make hash w/it) in order to prioritise the top buds.

deadcat

deadcat

Looks like the light was a little too close last night, at least that's what it looks like, white spots and bleached looking leaves. Guess I underestimated the heat of these LEDs. Moved the light way back, gonna give it a day or two to recover before moving it back down a bit.

20181227 010126
deadcat

deadcat

Some of the leaves are looking a bit faded and some have brown tips. Almost looks like nute burn, but not really sure.. Any thoughts?

20181229 090938
Funk junky

Funk junky

Can you get some pics with out the purple light? Reminds me of something

Funk junky

Funk junky

Some of the leaves are looking a bit faded and some have brown tips. Almost looks like nute burn, but not really sure.. Any thoughts?
Think could be early Calcium deficiency. Have you have them any cal mag? But hard to see with purple pics :):eyepiece:

deadcat

deadcat

Seems like the forum kind of died down a bit from ~8yrs ago when I was using it, so lost a lot of the value I was expecting. However, if anyone's interested in how this went...

The plant ended up only getting about 6 inches tall. However, there were 0 skimpy bottom buds at all, and the entire plant was comprised entirely of dense nugs. I ended up netting ~1.5oz and ~1g of hash oil from the trimmed leaves. Has a great taste when smoking too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom