Indoor Seed Crackin' 2018

• Thread starter CBDEMON
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Yeah man @kansabis , I came across it on Neptune and thought it sounded intriguing, and for the price i thought why not give em a whirl? I've never run any of stray's stuff so I'm excited to see what comes of them.

K

kansabis

Yeah man @kansabis , I came across it on Neptune and thought it sounded intriguing, and for the price i thought why not give em a whirl? I've never run any of stray's stuff so I'm excited to see what comes of them.
I haven't either but most of his stuff looks intriguing to me,yeah I just found it on neptune this morning lol.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Quick update.
One 4x4 12 cob fixture hung (finally), still waiting to clear up some space and rig up the second 4x4. Cobs are dialed all the way down and sitting 22" from the tallest plant top. Any cob tips would be greatly appreciated, I've always just done hps or sunlight in the past so I will likely have a lot of learning (as always) and grow style modifying to do.
IMG9506751

Got a wee little hlg 65 to try out and cover a little space for some seeds and clones in the veg closet. I like it, it easily replaced the second little t5 fixture I had in there, I just might get another or a little bigger qb at some point pretty soon.
IMG9506781

Topanga Lane germ results (half pack): 4/5 cracked in ~36hrs
IMG 20180416 152332357

Sour Star Diesel freebies (half pack): 4/4
IMG 20180416 152103740

Dropping some RKS x Iraqi into paper towels today, will post germ results soon.

Here's an alien stardawg that decided to become a tri-leafer, pretty certain it was not doing that as a younger seedling.
IMG9506611

Have a great day folks!

K

kansabis

For cobs/QBs you can run your temps higher up to around 84F and get em as close as 6in if your light spread is still good enough,enough airflow/movement is the key just as normal.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Yeah, gonna be lining the floor tonight or tomorrow, thanks for reminding me Toast, haha. Do they really need more ca and mg with the change in light? I've seen people say that but didn't get a lot of specifics, just trying to get an idea of what I'm gonna be looking for

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

@Toaster79 @kansabis Thanks for the tips guys, it means a lot. Just remembered to ask : How long did you have to harden the plants off under the LEDs until you got them to taking the light at full output?

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Oh yeah I'm absolutely gonna clean em up/ take some cuts. Last night was their first day under the cobs and I was just hesitant to take from them right away

K

kansabis

@Toaster79 @kansabis Thanks for the tips guys, it means a lot. Just remembered to ask : How long did you have to harden the plants off under the LEDs until you got them to taking the light at full output?
I haven't hadn't add any calmag but I'm running soil and my nutes/feeding plan already contains plenty,also I just dimmed to around 1/4 power first 2 wks then 50% 3rd world veg and then incrementally throughout days of weeks 4 and 5 til 100% but they probably could of handled mine full out since I'm not running but 65w veg(100w at the time) and the 100w now for flower.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I run them seed to harvest under the same light with no dimming option. Start at 1 1/2' and let them grow to say 10-12" from the light and start raising light as they grow. Whe I flip I back the light off to 1 1/2' and let them stretch to light and raise as necessary. Smaller plants get lifted off the ground to keep the canopy sort of even.

Regarding Mg, it's totaly strain dependent, and I never needed to supplement Ca.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Another damn veg update. Vegging in full force until we have enough plants to fill the second light, then on to flower. Itll be another couple weeks. Larger plants are getting cobs at 50%
IMG 20180424 210925511

First day under the second cob fixture. Driving the cobs at ~20%
IMG 20180424 211315175

Some topanga kush x starfighter, rks x iraqi, sour star diesel, and a couple alien stardawgs
IMG 20180424 205730889

Various seedlings
IMG 20180424 210710859

Be well everyone.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Thanks man. I was just being extra cautious trying to make sure they don't burn up but I'll definitely lower em. Right now there about 15-16" away from them on the large plant side. The fixture with the small plants is way above them, probably around ~28-30" away on the smallest plants

str8smokn

str8smokn

Not sure how I've missed this, but damn nice log so far.
I'm digging on the new COB's you've built.
I'm stupid when it comes to this, what did you buy and how many watts?
It sure did brighten up that space from the pics.
I'm tossing the beanbag in the corner and busting the pipe out. Not leaving..
STR8

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Anotherrrr veg update. Haha

IMG 20180506 201421 225

I've been getting some lightening/yellowing on a couple strains towards the top. Decided to give a mild flush with 600ppm (base nute and sea green) and wait to see how they react. I checked the runoff on one of the yellow plants and the EC was a butt-fuckingly high 4.5 hahaha. I had to retest it a couple times to be sure my meter was reading correctly. Gonna wait a few days and see what the plants tell me. Need to flip soon so that we don't run out of space haha.
IMG 20180504 233630194

A wee crouching tiger hidden alien x crystal blue male getting ready to drop some pollen. He's doing well considering he got burned when a bulb fell on him and burned off a branch and several leaves two weeks prior.

IMG 20180506 200136571

Healthy babies and one little assclown of a mutant

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Thanks dude, glad to have you @str8smokn. The cobs are 50w each and I have two 12 cob fixtures so it's 1200w between the two. I got the 4x4 diy kit on rapidled, I'm sure there are savings to be had if you source the parts individually but the kit sounded more convenient.

Top Bottom