Indoor Tree Veg Techniques

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Bright light, low ec, and ca-25 weekly, they'll reach for the sky. You mentioned running 315s vertically, that sounds intriguing. Aren't the ballasts always part of the fixture with those, though? Or does someone make a remote ballast for em?

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

boulderlamp.com/vertical-grow-light/

Is what I'm thinking ....

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Those look cool, definitely would add to the spectrum, have you gotten a quote from them?

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Those look cool, definitely would add to the spectrum, have you gotten a quote from them?
The horizontals are $5-600, and those daisy chain up to 6. I like not having to do a new power box controller or whatever. I saw a pic of a wall (!!) of growth around the verticals stacked a few together. It was crazy! High Times tested the horizontals and the PAR was near Gavitas ...
123 1

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

That's impressive. Now that I have a room with a proper amount of a/c , you've got me thinking on hanging a couple 315s in the middle of the canopy. How far away from the bulbs does the foliage have to be to avoid scorching?

NFT

NFT

don't understand why everyone's so content on making your plant stretch! Stretch is not what you want especially if your trying to grow trees! Long skinny flimsy branches are what you get with stretch, plus you won't end up with buds everywhere just one every 6-8 inches or so. I have yet to grow an inside tree but know for a fact that you do not want to promote stretch!

stretch can be a natural trait of sativas, during this phase plants grow very fast, much faster than during veg time
or any other phase, this plant below stretched to this size from 2ft
if growing large plants indoors is the goal taking advantage of the vigorous stretch of sativas
makes lots of sense, produces larger yielding individual plants in a shorter time frame
image.php

TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

yes stretch can be a natural trait but were not talking about the stretch you get in flower. Were talking about purposely making them stretch by ways of manipulation and others. This kind of stretch will only place your nodes further away and will not make bigger buds!

NFT

NFT

but were not talking about the stretch you get in flower

The thread title is "indoor tree veg techniques", this would cover any method to achieve a large plant indoors imo,
a fair amount of growers think the only way to get a large plant is to veg it for 6 weeks+
there is no technique that can beat nature, it is the genetics of the plant that would produce the highest yield per plant

too many growers overstate how important their role is, my goal is to just keep them healthy and let the genetics express itself
not some silly training technique with a fancy name regurgitated on forums claiming to be something new!

the plant i posted yielded 31.5 oz

peace

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

The thread title is "indoor tree veg techniques", this would cover any method to achieve a large plant indoors imo,
a fair amount of growers think the only way to get a large plant is to veg it for 6 weeks+
there is no technique that can beat nature, it is the genetics of the plant that would produce the highest yield per plant

too many growers overstate how important their role is, my goal is to just keep them healthy and let the genetics express itself
not some silly training technique with a fancy name regurgitated on forums claiming to be something new!

the plant i posted yielded 31.5 oz

peace
That things a monster. Well done. What size pot, nutrients?

NFT

NFT

That things a monster. Well done. What size pot, nutrients?

this is how she finished with leaves removed before the chop at 11 weeks
image.php

she grew in a 20 liter hydro tank
using vitalink max nutes http://www.vitalink.eu/nutrients/vitalink-hydro-max/

she was quite a heavy feeder up until week 7 from then on she did not need any more nutes she took care of herself
brought her upto 2.0 but she burned a little so she spennt the rest of the time on ec 1.4 where she practically stayed on the same EC 1.4 until week 11 with no more nutes added
she was drinking something like 8-10 liters per day

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
this is how she finished with leaves removed before the chop at 11 weeks
image.php

she grew in a 20 liter hydro tank
using vitalink max nutes http://www.vitalink.eu/nutrients/vitalink-hydro-max/

she was quite a heavy feeder up until week 7 from then on she did not need any more nutes she took care of herself
brought her upto 2.0 but she burned a little so she spennt the rest of the time on ec 1.4 where she practically stayed on the same EC 1.4 until week 11 with no more nutes added
she was drinking something like 8-10 liters per day
Impressive to say the least. Damn near 2 units for 1 plant grown indoors. WOW

NFT

NFT

Impressive to say the least. Damn near 2 units for 1 plant grown indoors. WOW

The power of sativa dominated genetics, i have grown plenty of plants that would only yield 3 to 5 oz
even within the same seed packet indica doms might only yield 3-5 oz while their sativa dominated sisters
could yield 1lb+ in almost the same time frame under the same conditions (lighting hydro etc)
although obviously when they get this big they need extra lights to cover them

peace

Islandgrows

Islandgrows

The power of sativa dominated genetics, i have grown plenty of plants that would only yield 3 to 5 oz
even within the same seed packet indica doms might only yield 3-5 oz while their sativa dominated sisters
could yield 1lb+ in almost the same time frame under the same conditions (lighting hydro etc)
although obviously when they get this big they need extra lights to cover them

peace

Hi beautiful plant what strain was it?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks, Amnesia haze dinafem.
What was the final product like, for head and what kind of terps and taste did you get from her.? Stellar work mate.

NFT

NFT

What was the final product like, for head and what kind of terps and taste did you get from her.? Stellar work mate.

Thanks mate
The final product is nice i am enjoying it on the plus side the taste is nice
predominately pine with a nice tang that hits the tongue with a sweet sour after taste makes me want to smoke more, i have plenty of mothers milk to smoke but i am smoking more of this haze at the moment
the high is clear not overpowering uplifting quite motivational, there is a nice warm body stone with it
overall its a typical haze of medium quality i have grown plenty of plants that finish in 8 weeks that are better and plenty that are worse

on the negative side, it could have a more complex flavour maybe something fruity or spicy along with the pine twang
i am liking it at the moment but i can see it fading into blandness pretty quickly
the buds could be more dense with larger calyx, i prefer my bud to be harder than this it needs more indica in the cross imo
the incense smell when burning could be more pronounced, or maybe even some cat piss
i like my buds more oily with more lung expansion
overall growing this plant has made me happy to keep the ones that go 11-12 weeks because they can still be ok
its a worry when you think in that time frame you could also grow two indica crops, so if it had turned out hay i don't think i would ever grow haze again

peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom