Info on getting an MMED tag to work in a CO dispensary

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I don't in anyway agree with the way you have to get a license.
But do you guys think the companies that do pharmies or chemical don't go through the same thing?
If you need a job and are gonna be legit whats the big deal fill it out and get paid.
They are doing everything to deter criminals and keep the industry clean.
If they had lax application requirements we would be shut down already.
I agree with that.
Also I was told but it could be wrong that if you had a felony in the last 5 years its was a problem but older than that they would review and give a decision.
I was gonna try to get a license because I work in dispensary's sometimes and hate to have to be followed around.
I also have a felony for possession and I was worried that I would go through all there bullshit and still come up empty even though it was 12 years ago.
Then you go through all that for nothing.
I will wait until I see someone get on with a felony and then apply.
You have to open an investigation on yourself to get the license and if you don't they have a nice intimate file on you.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I don't in anyway agree with the way you have to get a license.
But do you guys think the companies that do pharmies or chemical don't go through the same thing?
If you need a job and are gonna be legit whats the big deal fill it out and get paid.
They are doing everything to deter criminals and keep the industry clean.
If they had lax application requirements we would be shut down already.
I agree with that.
Also I was told but it could be wrong that if you had a felony in the last 5 years its was a problem but older than that they would review and give a decision.
I was gonna try to get a license because I work in dispensary's sometimes and hate to have to be followed around.
I also have a felony for possession and I was worried that I would go through all there bullshit and still come up empty even though it was 12 years ago.
Then you go through all that for nothing.
I will wait until I see someone get on with a felony and then apply.
You have to open an investigation on yourself to get the license and if you don't they have a nice intimate file on you.
Fuck no, this is why we live as indentured slaves. Already not enough of us take a stand against oppression, cause we're just too comfortable living in the house, while our fellow humans toil in the fields with a rod to their back or worse.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Fuck no, this is why we live as indentured slaves. Already not enough of us take a stand against oppression, cause we're just too comfortable living in the house, while our fellow humans toil in the fields with a rod to their back or worse.

If you have nothing to hide what does it matter ?
I said i didn't agree with the process but if it meant having a job and study income . Whats the big deal?
Slaves hell I wake up every morning and grow weed and I smoke all day. All my choices. When do I become a slave ?
I love the old FTW and fight the man shit lets don't forget the old we are never really free bit. I just think most people are Just saying it.
If you take a stand but nothing happens. Then aren't you just wasting time and talking .
I will stick to making money and being a slave.
What to you is taking a stand?
Never being legal?
Going to rally's ?
Writing your congressman?
Going to city meetings protesting?
I hear this all the time from people who have live secret lives and keep to themselves.
IMO
Anyone getting mmj scripts and working with mmj legally are taking a stand. They are putting themselves out there to say people doing these things aren't bad without them we are all just drug dealers and cultivators. We need people out front to change public and political perception.

Respect to you if you are actually pro active and really are fighting for people like all of us.
But you are trying to climb a tall mountain with a short rope.
Keep on fighting man. I'll keep on smoking and cheering you on.

K

kolah

I have to admit there are some very happy slaves in today's society. To each their own.

sky high

sky high

Maybe I'm reading your story wrong. bubblehaze...but it seems like you yourself aren't going through the "process" of licensing and are not following the law (for whatever reason) but are telling others it's "no big deal" to fill out the paperwork/intrusive forms, etc. kolah was talking about to become legal to work in "the industry"??

hopefully I'm readin this wrong.....

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

(sorry for the out of left field thought),

but i used to work up at Keystone, in A-51 at the terrain park. I grew up snowboarding, and love it until the day i die.
so, when i got the job, i thought FUCK YEAH get to shred FOR WORK and have fun. and 2 weeks later i wanted nothing to do with snowboarding on my days off or free time because, I got paid to do it.

sometimes being "in" the game is kinda a washer of the passion, so to speak.

furthermore, running someone elses profit for the same wages you could make at a call center or doing anything other than fast food, doesnt really make me too keen on trying to grow other peeps herb. If I was in on the "profit" (usually what? like 9% take with charity organization?) then i may be more interested. but it just sounds like a lot of fricken work for like 12/hr, and like i said you could leave at the end of the day and say fuck it to your own garden, just because you worked at one all day long.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Maybe I'm reading your story wrong. bubblehaze...but it seems like you yourself aren't going through the "process" of licensing and are not following the law (for whatever reason) but are telling others it's "no big deal" to fill out the paperwork/intrusive forms, etc. kolah was talking about to become legal to work in "the industry"??

hopefully I'm readin this wrong.....

No I am following the law.
We have had the cops and a few officials in our huge caregiver grow and haven't had any major violations.
They have only made us move some ballasts off our roof of our room.
Honestly in another few months I will be eligible to try after my 2 year anniversary in CO.
My friend is saving to open a dispensary and I have to have that license to work there so I will eventually have to go through the process.
All I am saying is .
What do people expect ?
A form with your name, number and address.
I guess as a person without a mmj permit I shouldn't give advice on getting one.
But I wanted to give some encouragement instead of complaining about the process.

sky high

sky high

I have no expectations. Everytime I do I find I am disappointed in others...

Just keepin it real. Kolah's question and shock with the intrusionary aspect of the process were valid and I didn't want to see such a thing minimized because..um...it could all become VERY real for those peeps who have stepped into "the industry" if the Fed start to take down the commercial side of all of this. (no hurry, they have their info/proof and a 7 year window to prosecute/file charges/reak havoc)

Speaking of opening a dispensary here..... has anyone heard if/when the State will lift the monopoly/restriction on new licenses and take in yet even more money for doing nothing?

S

SoCoMMJ

Speaking of opening a dispensary here..... has anyone heard if/when the State will lift the monopoly/restriction on new licenses and take in yet even more money for doing nothing?

I believe the moratorium was lifted on July 1st.

The process is not immediate by any means. I think that you have to submit your app [and thousands in app fees] and wait for approval BEFORE you can solicit patients and put plants in. You may be required to have a lease [or leases] signed and in effect before you can submit an application. So new applicants may be sitting on and paying for vacant property for a year or more before they can even get plants in. Crazy expectations from our government.

Anybody trying to get in now has not only missed the caboose, but the train is long since gone. Potential applicants should take note of the numbers of closing dispensaries. Most are closing due to lack of profits, not licensing issues.

The other big spinning question mark for new applicants is the upcoming legalization initiatives voting in November. No idea what effect that will have on Medical Marijuana as a whole. Pretty sure if you pay the application fees for Medical Marijuana, the state won't refund upon legalization.

sky high

sky high

Thanks for the info and your take on it all, SoCoMMJ. It will indeed be interesting to see how it all plays out...

S

Simple

SO after the long and hard "regulated" season. i jumped off the dispensary bandwagon. not the colorado band wagon though. LOVE this place.

Anyways just thought i would second SoCo opinion on this one. after working in a dispensary for over a year. I found what others point out on this thread: hard work regular pay when your looking at hundreds of thousands, all your juices and intel go into it but your still the "worker" AND your tied to the balls with regulations (papers to fill out and rights to give up) as others have pointed out.

Id say, that if there was a great grower and a blind investor, with a team of CPOs, accountants and secretaries to file papers and secure patients and do "marketing" then id say it COULD work. the whole dispensary thing that is. but I believe its when people are forced to do things that are out of their "intelect" and are to bullheaded and stubborn to admit they dont know how to efficiently run a business or even change to make a profit. very common problem in all business. regulations scared out most of the "business money" and left most heads scrambling to fill holes... I think thats why you are seeing people close like soco said, people are loosing profits. patient numbers are going up so the demand is there. people just often are their own worst enemies. regardless if they have a MMED badge or not.

Just so you know my point and case to how this whole thing is about money would be scott and RD, guy has an investor thats a head and just wants to do his part. dude has a job that makes mills i guess and puts most of it to RD. so people should look at what these "FEDS" and "REGS" really want. Money. they want the money. IF they get their money WHENEVER they ask for it. then everythings peachy to the MMED. kinda sad, this whole thing is regulated by the DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE people not the FDA or health or nothing. its the money... kinda sad. thats why i left dispensaries. but if you were like that RD people then regs would seem like a cake walk. just a matter of perspective.

K

kolah

Thanks for everyones feedback on this topic.

So...Do the Big Pharma workers have to go through such a in-depth background check?
How about the little people who work in drug store pharmacies?
What about people who work in liquor stores?
People who sell cigs?
People who sell aspirin? cough syrup?

If not, then can someone explain to me why MJ employees are held to such bullshit regulations? I could see it if it was selling meth, crack or heroin but it's just fucking weed, a mild drug which wears off in about 3 hours, is non-toxic, non-addicting and has never be proven to kill anyone.

The owner called me again this morning trying to convince me that the MMED badging process is not all that bad. I think not. And there is really no way around it as he would be risking his ass to cover mine.

Dorje

Dorje

There's a thread over on IC (colorado state forum) stating the CO MMJ registry is no longer private and has been turned over to the feds. I wouldn't want to be on the list of MMC owners or workers at this point!

C

canaguy27

There's a thread over on IC (colorado state forum) stating the CO MMJ registry is no longer private and has been turned over to the feds. I wouldn't want to be on the list of MMC owners or workers at this point!

It's the patient registry from the department of health. I am confirming with kathleen bc this is fucked up. Below is from icmag

I just got back fro Nederland, CO visiting several old friends Kathleen Chippi being one who I see when ever I go to visit my brothers.
I had a very long convo with Kathleen about a week ago, every one know's she's the #1 MMJ advocate in CO, she and 11 other well know activists walked into the Registry after being notified the Feds had been given access. Her and the others walked in on the Feds copying and taking the records and She demanded to know why what's up etc...
CO is no longer private and all data on patients and caregivers, home addresses and addresses of grow ops are now in the hands of the Enemy.
Several of Nederland's dispensaries have given up their records to the Feds, names, addresses, etc, along with all video's of patients and their buy records.
it's happening all over CO
what's up with CO?
this has been going on since the 1st of the year, all under wraps, and no media coverage, kinda a blackout.
you can find more data from her facebook.

K

kolah

Thanks Dorje and Canaguy. This is good to know. Crazy-ass shit though. What happened to HIPPA laws and privacy issues? It sounds like a wide open arena for a class action lawsuit. That is if we could find a REAL lawyer with a big set of cajones to take on the state and the fricken federales.

K

kolah

I just scooted over to icmag and read the posts. It appears Kathy Chippi was a witness to the feds being in there and taking out files. I will try and contact her and see whats up and where it could go (as far as legal action against them).

D

DoomDancing

Damn this is depressing........this fucked up government thrives on propaganda n paranoia not enforcement nowadays so I'm not certain how to worry.....I just finally went fully legit after way too long with a counterfeit card worked great for about anything ya can imagine....
....too many peepees wanting to get jealous n snitch CUZ I'M THE BEST. lol
I do got fucked up health though n suffer with this nerve problem feels like bees sting me all over if I get too excited. Shit the pills they give me incapacitate me but I cant smoke n hunt?
Sucks but its a way different game with mj than early nineties but things always work out too...I had a feeling elements of the green rush would implode on itself......WHAT A DEMAND OUT THERE THIS SUMMER EH? LMFAO never ever seen so many hungry smokers looking for the quality or so much dirtweed offered as top shelf in dispensaries! That cheap ass shit ya hear about dont even compete with the mexican brick i still see around for like 5 hun a kilo...........Anyone else n Colorado placing bets when the Mexican farmers are gonna start throwing out competitive dank? Real Soon.........trust me.........My scissor fingers are all cramped for now though.........damn I may drop this card n say hell with the 35 bucks...wooohooo I'm looking at a stack of blanks take me 2 minutes hook one up on this computer....... got tin foil helmet on ! I'm a scared mamma!

.......So hypothetically does this mean I shouldn't plan on hunting much longer? I never signed shit said that n hell I'll make ruby ridge look like a sparkler party at the kiddie pool they try n take my guns n shit....fuck them....they built this country around my peeps without any choice...fuck this place n fuck these rules.........Hypothetically think I better put most my guns into a storage under a fake ID? I've wanted one them new 50 cal mag SW pistols for a few now but I'm kinda cash poor but not really. Kinda seems like I better buy it quick n a couple grand in ammo but I really dont got cash to waist n hate being a chicken little.......anyone shot one them yet? Makes my 44mag feel like a cap gun. I just wanna shoot something big n solid with one like an old fridge or car n see its power. Pretty tremendous even makes a casul look little.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

it's gonna get weirder, the closer we come to however this ends. gettin crazy enough for you CO bros yet? thanks in advance for the followup report Kolah.

D

DoomDancing

ya I'm pretty certain they got n my crib while i ran to tacobell n put cameras all over.....now they can watch the back my sack from my toilet cam as I launch logs .....

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

If you have nothing to hide what does it matter, Comrade ?

I fixed it for ya. It matters. Your pharmacy analogy is not accurate. The controls and demand for complete access to your personal life is a joke. It is like you are dealing in state secrets instead of a fuggin' plant.

I did it a couple of years ago, when the firat round of apps started for dispensary owners. The State also has a letter on file that informs them I was out of the game shortly after starting. No f'ing way. I instantly regretted turning in my app to the state when I did. It didn't feel right.

Even though I need a couple back surgeries (I am a legitimate 'patient'), I will never apply for a mmj lic even as a patient. Fuck those Gestapo fucks. Ain't their fucking business and I will not allow them to make it theirs by complying and putting my name on their list.

Never again. This whole thing is a joke and it is anathema to the very ideals of this country. Back to the underground. ;)

Those that sit by an blindly accept it, as you are, well, open yer eyes bro. THIS IS NOT OKAY. And now the feds are grabbing patient records? Wtf? What happened to that list being kept by the state as being private?

Fuck the mmj industry. You sell your soul to the devil to make money. The devil, of course, being a big, overbearing government that thinks it has the right to shove a microscope up your ass just so you can grow a plant.

And working as a budtender? Making how much? You are selling your soul for how much per hour? Are you kidding me? With the vision of dispensary owner profits, I filled out the first round of paper work, but to work as an hourly employee, no fuggin' way.

Fuck budtending. Go be a bartender and make $400/night cash, do it stoned, get buds in your tip jar, etc. Oh yea, no state anal exam to be a bartender either I'm too old to do it anymore, but yea, its a great job for a stone.

There is your accurate analogy - bartending. Peddling a physically addictive drug that kills lots of people and fucks up a lot of lives. Not some bullshit pharmaceutical company, but the alcohol industry. A drug that is not used as medicine, yet requires no where near the anal exam. Think Pete Coors has to go through this bullshit to produce a purely recreational drug?

Latest posts

Top Bottom