Info on getting an MMED tag to work in a CO dispensary

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Is this the way the people that don't want mmj and have high ranking positions are fixing there problem?
Make it so unbearable to be a mmj worker or business then no one will step up to do it.
Letting so many businesses get started (taking there license's fees) just to shut them down with overwhelming regulations and bans.Making all the dispensary's clump together in small geographic locations.Letting the feds and IRS tread on there citizens.Then they can say we gave them a shot and they failed.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

WOW, this shits gettin deep. All i hafta say is a qoute from Harriet Tubman "I freed one thousand slaves, I could have freed Ten thousand more; If only they knew that they were slaves."........."Slavery wasn't abolished to save the black man. Slavery was abolished b/c a few realized that the black population wasn't going to be enough slaves." ... Take it easy guys

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Is this the way the people that don't want mmj and have high ranking positions are fixing there problem?
Make it so unbearable to be a mmj worker or business then no one will step up to do it.
Letting so many businesses get started (taking there license's fees) just to shut them down with overwhelming regulations and bans.Making all the dispensary's clump together in small geographic locations.Letting the feds and IRS tread on there citizens.Then they can say we gave them a shot and they failed.

All we can do is speculate, but I don't think you are too far from the truth here. It was pretty clear to me when this got going good in the first round of apps that what they wanted to do was push out any little dispensary and try to get just a few bigger ones. They didn't want us disp competing against each other to let the cream rise to the top - they wanted to run a lot of us out of business and they wanted to make sure that the survivors were the ones that had deeper pockets for them to put their hands into.

That is why the moritorium came about as well as second year hike in lisc fees. Shut down and consolidate. Make it a few bigger dis instead of letting folks be entrepreneurs and build a quality business over teh course of time.

I was stoked when I started a disp, made myself willing to fill out the app, but didn't feel real good about the app process and eventually it got to the point with the continuing regs and moving gardens all over the place to comply with counties pissed me off and I gave the whole thing the finger.

Like I said, I won't even file with the State for a patient lisc anymore, even though I have a real deal condition that I use Sweet Lady Jane for. This can kiss my fuckin' ass. I don't need to pay the state for a lisc to get hooked on physically addictive narcotic pain pills, so I sure as fuck don't need one to use a less harmful substance to deal with 24hr/day pain. No more money from me, no more compliance with bullshit regs that don't have any foundation in reason.

A lot of us have survived just fine for a lot of years doing our thing without the mmj cover.

A lot of us will continue to do so as my goal is the removal of the illegal mj prohibition imposed by our federal government. All the Stae did was sanction Al Capones. The state will not defend us against the tyranny of the federal government. Neither our AG nor Governor has any fuckin' balls to hold our State Constitution up to the face of the federal government and tell them to fuck off and leave the citizens of Colo alone, as it ain't the federal governments business what goes on here concerning weed produced and consumed within our borders.

I don't think they want to get rid of all disp, otherwise it wouldn't be under the control of the Department of Revenue. The State and Denver & Boulder are already hooked on the fees and tax money they are taking in from this. They won't want to lose that revenue. Colorado, like our federal gov and many other states, is pretty much bankrupt - they need every penny they can take from us. They won't shut it down, but they think government needs to run the industry. I think this and most of the county bans are tied directly to the stigma attached to weed. Like it is a gateway drug, worse than alcohol, etc. That is still a battle we stoners must fight.

Romer is a big douche bag. The only thing this issue was to him was political capital. He has his eye on bigger things, politically, and has considered running for Gov, like his daddy, and no doubt US Rep or Sen. That is ALL Romer was doing with this - getting his name out there. Getting his name plastered all over the media like he was some sorta fuckin' champion of the people, saving the citizens of Colorado from those evil disp.

Romer is a political whore and could give two fucks about any negative effects his bill had on people. MMJ is nothing more than political capital for him to use for his own personal gain. Politicians are politicians, regardless of party and although exceptions on both sides of the aisle, the vast majority of them, whether dem or repub, are selfish a-holes whose real purpose with everything they is to serve their own self interest and political gain.

They don't give a fuck about us, they only care about doing whatever it takes to get re-elected and elected to higher offices. That is half the reason for all of these fucking ridiculous regs.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Wow! I would say if anyone besides just Kolah was thinking of getting there license . This thread will be making people reconsider. Thanks for sharing Cat Jockey its sounds like an expensive lesson you learned just to end up back off the mmj grid. Although I agree with your reasoning. I hope my mmj script keeps me from catching another felony every time the man comes knocking. Every time I think of this stuff before I let it get me to worked up I remember living in a state where having over 21 grams was a felony. Not to mention having over 21 plants is considered trafficking. At least C.O. marijuana laws are lax'ed compared to else where for the people off the grid. Good Luck

L

lgv5280

My boyfriend and I recently moved to Colorado with high hopes of opening a dispensary/edibles cafe in the next 5-10 years. I see that this thread is already over a year old, but if this is the way things remain (which I'm assuming is a yes) I will probably end up having to change my whole career path, which shouldn't even have to be an option. I had no idea the application process was so invasive...especially to do something I love. Thank you for providing this information and opening my eyes to what's really going on. I'll keep my hopes up that the next few years will show progression towards leniency and tolerance. Best of luck to you all.

Durbin Boy

Durbin Boy

I am new here and I haven't seen any new posts in regards to the app process. HERE IS AN UPDATE. I set out to climb the giant shit covered mountain at 7:30AM this morning. Over the last two weeks I meticulously went over my paperwork and kept checking the state website for updates. According to the site, I could come in M-Th before 8:30 and be entered into a lottery to see if I would be seen to get my Support Badge. "Okay, sounds like i might not get it in one day." I thought. So I took two days off from my M-F 8-4 job as a chef and of coarse my boss gave me grief over it. Making my way through Denver traffic, I found the office by 8:15AM with the help of some others holding their apps in the elevator. I asked if they were going to suite 390 and they said yes and one of them asked if i was getting stamped. Huh? "Yeah, stamped to get in the lottery." he says, as i replied that i was. Entering the office i see maybe 20 people waiting and some in line. I hopped in line with my paperwork and made it up fairly quickly. I told the lady at the counter that i had never been in and that i wanted in the lottery. She stamped my paperwork and said that i needed three more for the lottery. "When do i get the other three stamps?" i asked. "Show up the same time tomorrow and you can get stamped again. Four stamps get you in the lotto and five and six stamps almost guarantee a slot."
Are you freakin shittin me????
How the hell do people from other towns even make this happen?
I had to take time off from work and i usually have to work by 8 or 9AM!!
Now i have to drive 30min to the office at least three more times. Maybe 5!
What if you didn't have a car?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Discouraging applicants is the American way ....they weed out the ones who aren't ready for the fight and it's smooth sailing for Microsoft and Vicente Fox

K

kolah

I am new here and I haven't seen any new posts in regards to the app process. HERE IS AN UPDATE. I set out to climb the giant shit covered mountain at 7:30AM this morning. Over the last two weeks I meticulously went over my paperwork and kept checking the state website for updates. According to the site, I could come in M-Th before 8:30 and be entered into a lottery to see if I would be seen to get my Support Badge. "Okay, sounds like i might not get it in one day." I thought. So I took two days off from my M-F 8-4 job as a chef and of coarse my boss gave me grief over it. Making my way through Denver traffic, I found the office by 8:15AM with the help of some others holding their apps in the elevator. I asked if they were going to suite 390 and they said yes and one of them asked if i was getting stamped. Huh? "Yeah, stamped to get in the lottery." he says, as i replied that i was. Entering the office i see maybe 20 people waiting and some in line. I hopped in line with my paperwork and made it up fairly quickly. I told the lady at the counter that i had never been in and that i wanted in the lottery. She stamped my paperwork and said that i needed three more for the lottery. "When do i get the other three stamps?" i asked. "Show up the same time tomorrow and you can get stamped again. Four stamps get you in the lotto and five and six stamps almost guarantee a slot."
Are you freakin shittin me????
How the hell do people from other towns even make this happen?
I had to take time off from work and i usually have to work by 8 or 9AM!!
Now i have to drive 30min to the office at least three more times. Maybe 5!
What if you didn't have a car?

holy crap are you kidding me?? Stamp? Lottery? wtf is that all about...and why 4 times? 5 and 6 get you a slot???

I have never heard of this before..it must some new bullshit they laid down. Holy shit.

lino

lino

All we can do is speculate,
A lot of us will continue to do so as my goal is the removal of the illegal mj prohibition imposed by our federal government. All the Stae did was sanction Al Capones. The state will not defend us against the tyranny of the federal government. Neither our AG nor Governor has any fuckin' balls to hold our State Constitution up to the face of the federal government and tell them to fuck off and leave the citizens of Colo alone, as it ain't the federal governments business what goes on here concerning weed produced and consumed within our borders.
CatJock and to Kolah ; here is one more point that is hidden currently about working with an MMED and the forms. Fed and State forms;its easy to admit usage of any kind when filling out these forms but beware;
1. driving DUID; if you admit MMJ usage- these forms constitute " reasonable cause "(sobiety test) then comes the car search in dry counties like Otero County, jail with a 10 day mandatory minimum next. I know there MMED forms are private and not avaliable to state cops yet,. can explain this legally if needed
2. Obama Care, as we speak Obama Care is still being written and re-written. Some new additions to health care
  • As part of health care FDA, Fed Dept of Ag and Many other agencies you'll find the Pooling/grouping of terms (Tobacco use, Drugs, and smokers)
  • Like many other socialized Med countries new verb-age to support and added cost to the insured , smokers tax you. higher - Co-pay/deductible
  • NewVerb-age smoking cessation practices,” and or replace the word “practices” with “treatment.”
  • NewVerb-age to include "At time of medical visit Smokers absorb 'treatment program' cost to maintain Insurance plan" . Gov Drug Treatment, huh?

All this COULD happen after you check the box, I use MMJ or smoke tobacco. Be careful. Still speculative as some are currently fighting this privacy and tax invasion for us.

Durbin Boy

Durbin Boy

I got some more clarification on the stamp process: The 5th stamp lets you stay for the lotto but there is no guarantee that you will get a slot that day. Six stamps moves you up on to the list. If you already have a job than your employer can get you on the list for a certain date. Two down and three to go!

Greenjean

Greenjean

I don't understand this stamp/lotto process.

Are you doing this to work in a dispensary or to open one?

Just curious.....

I find it so interesting that people still want to move to CO and open up these dispensaries. It seems like that anyone wanting to open a new business would do some research.

Like someone said in a previous post, the caboose has long left the station.:banghead:

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Supposeably no one is advertising to open a recreational dispensary in Denver atleast not right away in Jan

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If you want to work in a dispensary or OPC grow site you have to be licensed by the state..this requires a back ground check as well as a pile of disclosure about your criminal past...now you go turn in the application and that puts in line for a 4 stage stamp process, you have to go up there and get a stamp on four seperate occasions and then once you have the 4th one you go into a pool/lottery to have your name drawn for the actual interview and vetting process..the whole thing may take as long as three months to complete and as short as a few weeks..either way they are making it as painfull as possible in a effort to weed out most and keep the industry as a whole ina strangle hold for a decent labor pool...oh yea and you have to be sponsored by an existing dispensary or OPC and most wont sponsor you..

Durbin Boy

Durbin Boy

Nice summary to Texas Kid. I am just trying to make a career change into something i care about, Greenjean. I am trying to get my Support license and I don't work at a dispensary or have a lot of experience with the industry.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Its the same process from entry level trimmers to top grow managers, they really make you jump thru hoops to play

Top Bottom