Info Only Kind Of Post

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

I might have done this before but I am hoping I have not. I was thinking about my lights and the quality of each and posts I have read about lighting etc and this is what I know.

I had a mars reflector 48 that worked.....but the end result was poor.

I had a scorpion grow cob that worked and had a great end result but the cost of that light was about 600 USD and it is 550 watts

I had a 315 CMH that cost about 400 USD that did better than the MCOB for 315 watts. The crystal structure and quality of bud was exemplary.

I have a 200 watt vero proper new gen cob that works very well too. This is in my grow box so I can not offer a proper comparison but judging by the ability of this light I think 400 watts of VERO in a square to fill a 3 x 3 or 4 x 4 would be pretty damned fantastic. Zero heat and awesome performance (and Dan at Timber is the dude)

You get what you pay for and such but I pulled 12 OZ from a 315

10 OZ from the 550 and I think I could hit 12 to 14 now.

The vero is steller too

I just wanted to say by comparison the mars light sucked balls. Yes you can grow on it. And maybe you want 2 oz per cycle or something but I am more a balls to the wall personal grower.

I want to hit an LB from the 315 so I know I am doing it.

But if you are checking it out at the start really and truly buy a 315 CMH and a 4 x 4 x 6 1/2 tent with fans and filtration. You will draw about 6 to 7 amps all in which is a light load on a 15 amp circuit. It is more than I can ever use in my personal stash. I give a lot away to prevent stockpiling.

I am just a newb evolved with good lights and a sense for searching and knowledge.

K

kansabis

Same observations and results here minus the cmh,mine was hps, but very very true.

Top Bottom