Inhaling Perlite Dust

• Thread starter palmate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Your standard dust masks aren't rated to filter particulate as small as some of that dust. Best bet is to invest in a $40 respirator and a few packages of $5 filters. It's a worthwhile investment and will save your lungs much better than those cheap painters masks.

Anybody with half a brain should realize inhaling anything other than air is harmful to the lungs. Sure, there's levels of nearly everything that become Immediate Danger to Life and Health, it's a matter of are you willing to risk it. Personally I don't mess around with any kind of dust. It's just bad for you, regardless what it is.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Anybody with half a brain should realize inhaling anything other than weed is harmful to the lungs. Sure, there's levels of nearly everything that become Immediate Danger to Life and Health, it's a matter of are you willing to risk it. Personally I don't mess around with any kind of dust. It's just bad for you, regardless what it is.
I agree... heheheh

D

DirtySocks

And for sure you are right. The sinuses are the first line of defense and if they become overtaxed, infections and the like may follow. If you find yourself without a mask, the next best remedy is to flush the sinuses with a saline solution which can be obtained for a couple of bucks at your local drug store

Mixed soil Wednesday, super serious sinus infection by Saturday, better today.

I think it was soil mixing dust inspired sinus infection.

Just saying....

Top Bottom