Inline Fan Cfm Question

• Thread starter MissBotany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MissBotany

MissBotany

currenlty I have a 6” 442 CFM inline fan hooked up to a carbon filter at the top vent hole of my flower tent. I’ve been keeping the tent zipper partially unzipped to create negative pressure but I want to stop doing that. So my option would be to hook up a 4” inline fan to one of the bottom vent holes. Would a 4” 190 CFM work or do I need a fan with a higher CFM?

Thanks,

S

Monster762

Monster762

currenlty I have a 6” 442 CFM inline fan hooked up to a carbon filter at the top vent hole of my flower tent. I’ve been keeping the tent zipper partially unzipped to create negative pressure but I want to stop doing that. So my option would be to hook up a 4” inline fan to one of the bottom vent holes. Would a 4” 190 CFM work or do I need a fan with a higher CFM?

Thanks,

S
You should have screened vents. Just open them and that 6 inch should be all you need. I’m running a 4x8 on a 6 inch through filter. Passive intake. In order for that much air to get out it has to be coming in. How big is this tent?

Monster762

Monster762

You should have screened vents. Just open them and that 6 inch should be all you need. I’m running a 4x8 on a 6 inch through filter. Passive intake. In order for that much air to get out it has to be coming in. How big is this tent?
I open all low vents then exhaust out the top. I have duct barely entering tent sealed and fan is outside strapped right to the filter. No room for all that mess inside.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Thanks for the suggestions.

It’s only a 36”x36”x72”
There are three air vents and I want to say I tried opening all three vents with everything else closed up and the fan sucked the tent in way too far.

I can live with how I have it it now but I didn’t want any light coming out of the tent. With the front zipper open about about half way, a lot of light escapes.

Monster762

Monster762

Thanks for the suggestions.

It’s only a 36”x36”x72”
There are three air vents and I want to say I tried opening all three vents with everything else closed up and the fan sucked the tent in way too far.

I can live with how I have it it now but I didn’t want any light coming out of the tent. With the front zipper open about about half way, a lot of light escapes.
Oh. Yeah you got overkill for that tent. You’d been good with a little 200cfm. Maybe an intake might help but I think it’ll still be sucking the tent in.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Oh. Yeah you got overkill for that tent. You’d been good with a little 200cfm. Maybe an intake might help but I think it’ll still be sucking the tent in.

Yes, I agree. Definite overkill but there is absolutely zero smell even with drying buds in the room! I must have been reading grow room set up guides for people doing large grows!

Westie

Westie

If you do not already have, a fan speed controller could help you regulate/balance the pressure. Helped me manage temperature as well.

MissBotany

MissBotany

If you do not already have, a fan speed controller could help you regulate/balance the pressure. Helped me manage temperature as well.
Good thinking. I’ll see if that’s an option for this fan.

Top Bottom