Interesting Info On Led Growing

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Time to bust out my flir camera and take some readings! Shoot so what about those “leds “ with ir? Does this par up to say hps/mh? Interesting as hell

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Time to bust out my flir camera and take some readings! Shoot so what about those “leds “ with ir? Does this par up to say hps/mh? Interesting as hell
Depends on the about of UV they are emitting. Think of it like when your outside and in the sun (more UV) or in the shade (less UV) you become warmer sitting in the sun due to the UV with same ambient air temp but the temperature of objects in the sun are much warmer than those in the shade. This is caused by the UV spectrum

S

Shawnery

The article was saying to be able to really read the internal temperature of the leaves you need a horticultural, not the right word, specific, temp gauge. The difference is the size of the beam the reads the temp. They were saying larger area gauges were not accurate enough to get a good reading.

Unless you don't trust the data provided in multiple articles all coming to the same understanding than I'm lost at how you can argue the data provided.

I'm not saying your plants aren't great and better than most, I'm not saying they are, what I'm saying is,

If you are basing your room temp off of HPS, for example because it seems other lights heat the internal temp even more, but you are using basic LEDs, that includes cobs and quantums as well, than your room temp is wrong. Furthermore, I'm not even the one saying this, the data provided by these articles are stating this.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The article was saying to be able to really read the internal temperature of the leaves you need a horticultural, not the right word, specific, temp gauge. The difference is the size of the beam the reads the temp. They were saying larger area gauges were not accurate enough to get a good reading.

Unless you don't trust the data provided in multiple articles all coming to the same understanding than I'm lost at how you can argue the data provided.

I'm not saying your plants aren't great and better than most, I'm not saying they are, what I'm saying is,

If you are basing your room temp off of HPS, for example because it seems other lights heat the internal temp even more, but you are using basic LEDs, that includes cobs and quantums as well, than your room temp is wrong. Furthermore, I'm not even the one saying this, the data provided by these articles are stating this.

He is providing feedback based on his observations of different lights used in the same environment as comparisons should be done . These observations are completely valid. Different lights provide differing benefits or negative effects based on the difference in light source. He did not attempt to explain why growth was different. The why is a whole different conversation. But it doesn't make his observations or how it was conducted wrong.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just to add you can absolutely use https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...n-Infrared-10-1-Thermometer-2267-20/206260202 to measure leaf temp as i suggested. It has a 10:1 ratio so at 10ft it measures 1sq.ft. But you can use it at 1 inch to measure the surface area of 1/10th of an inch. Like any tool you need to use it properly.

S

ScrOGer

He isnt trying to do anything,I think the purpose of this thread is to bring awareness to all the LED growers that we are not doing it right,Maybe we need to rebuild and design our perfectly working grow rooms to better suit the needs of half ass internet articles and reinvent our methods.This dude has about 20 post on everything from bug control to redesigning a bucket system that works perfect to begin with.
sorry but your plants under COB and CMH look like trash, bro. foxtailing, deficient, and massive curl... i would say your system isnt working at a high level either... my BS opinion tho. but the aqua man is correct ,adn has told no lies, as i can see.

S

ScrOGer

I thought it was widely known that LEDs without UV will require a warmer room ot get leafs temps to the proper range. i used to run under HPS at 72-74F. and set my ac with heat pump on auto. so my leaf temps never fell below 64F. when i started a trst with FLuence lights ( no UV), i had to run the room temps at about 80F - 82F without CO2. when i ran room temps at the same temp as the HPS grows, i had less vigor, and less yield overall. my terps were still great, and the buds were dense. just didn't get the fill i would, until raising the room temps to achieve the appropriate leaf temp.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I thought it was widely known that LEDs without UV will require a warmer room ot get leafs temps to the proper range. i used to run under HPS at 72-74F. and set my ac with heat pump on auto. so my leaf temps never fell below 64F. when i started a trst with FLuence lights ( no UV), i had to run the room temps at about 80F - 82F without CO2. when i ran room temps at the same temp as the HPS grows, i had less vigor, and less yield overall. my terps were still great, and the buds were dense. just didn't get the fill i would, until raising the room temps to achieve the appropriate leaf temp.
It's not the UV that produces the higher leaf temps but the IR

Top Bottom