Intro From A Solo Medical Grower

• Thread starter ragamufn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ragamufn

ragamufn

Greetings to all. I grow medicine for myself, and thought I’d stop lurking and join so I can both share my experiences and increase my skills from “fairly knowledgeable” to hopefully near the “all-knowing guru” levels of many on this site. I’m committed to the decades of work it’ll take to get there...brutal, unyielding pain and fatigue provides more than enough motivation...

I’ll be writing journals as I indoor grow in my 2’ x 4’ x 7’11” GG tent, beginning from seeds and using a programmable Solar System 550 LED from start to finish. I currently grow in soil using solo cups to sprout, 2 gal plastic pots to veg, and 3-7 gallon fabric pots for flower (depending on number and type of plants). Soil will likely be phased out over the next year though, as I’m planning on moving to coco coir.

The seeds I’ll be growing the next couple years are:

Cannalope Haze (DNA Genetics, fem)

Kushberry (DNA Genetics, fem)

Sour Kosher (Crockett Family Farms, reg, 60% indica version)

Trainwreck (Humboldt Seed Co, reg)

Cookie Monster (Humboldt Seed Co, reg)

In addition to indoors, I have fun with the sun and use our patios for random experiments in the summertime to not impact the tent environment. One I have going now is a seed found in a tasty dispensary purchase they labeled Kosher White, and is growing like a champ for being late to start outside. I’ll start a journal for that too, and if it ends up being fem, hopefully determine exactly what strain it is.

Lastly, and most importantly, many thanks to the growers on this site for all your time in sharing so much useful information I’ve already learned from keyword searching the forums. Just in the past month, I’ve already corrected several mistakes I’ve been making for years. Feeling a bit foolish, for sure, but also certainly grateful!

Onwards and upwards,
ragamufn

scubascrog

scubascrog

Welcome to the farm!

this site has a LOT of coco knowledge ;)
I've gravitated to this one because of the help I get from everyone.
mods are pretty legit too.

cheers
-scuba

ragamufn

ragamufn

Right on - thanks Dan789! DemonTrich is already guiding me towards better practices for seedling stage. Just hope I don’t tire folks out making too many mistakes that need correcting...

LaraMartin

LaraMartin

@ragamufn I am also a medical marijuana grower and have and farm but I am facing problem with the plants. Growth of plants are not proper. Its becoming yellow. Can anyone tell me the reason.

Last edited:
Dan789

Dan789

@ragamufn I am also a medical marijuana grower and have and farm but I am facing problem with the plants. Growth of plants are not proper. Its becoming yellow. Can anyone tell me the reason.
Laura if you can post a picture of your whole plant, not under bluple light then someone could lend a few suggestions as to what’s going on.

LaraMartin

LaraMartin

Laura if you can post a picture of your whole plant, not under bluple light then someone could lend a few suggestions as to what’s going on.
Hi Dan789, Here is the pic of the plant. I am a medical marijuana grower and growing 100 plants on the farm after getting grower license from OnlineMedicalCard.Com. And all have the same problem; please share a possible solution.

32191228_182902522537175_7818270831678586880_n.jpg

Dan789

Dan789

Laura, kindly give us some background on: growing experience, what type soil your planted in, watering regimen, what you’re feeding your plants.
On the photo, you’ll need to stop down (smaller f stop) the lens a little as the depth of field prevents (by focus) clearly viewing the whole plant.

ragamufn

ragamufn

I find if you sprinkle a little religion or politics into you questions then you get a lot more answers.
Normally two subjects I avoid completely, but if my plants need help, I’ll do anything. I’m more knowledgeable about sprinkles, though...

LaraMartin

LaraMartin

Laura, kindly give us some background on: growing experience, what type soil your planted in, watering regimen, what you’re feeding your plants.
On the photo, you’ll need to stop down (smaller f stop) the lens a little as the depth of field prevents (by focus) clearly viewing the whole plant.
I have grown four weeks ago and used yellow soil. Water is given only 3 to 4 times till now. Here I want to ask why the leaves are becoming yellow.

Dan789

Dan789

Lara, still too little to go on. I’m not acquainted with “Yellow soil” can you expand on that term?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I have grown four weeks ago and used yellow soil. Water is given only 3 to 4 times till now. Here I want to ask why the leaves are becoming yellow.
A lit of the time soil is hot or ph is off licking nutes..then when you add nutes you make it worse

Latest posts

Top Bottom