Ipm (integrated Pest Management)

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
epitome

epitome

IPM is part of any commerical/industry business, look like they just took the word PEST out of the packing industry. I promise their doing IPM in any food handling place.
Most commercial grows I've seen would be inedible rendering pet food at best....so sad and toxic, organic or synthetic that cide is designed to destroy everything like an antibiotic indiscriminately...

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

I've gone 9 years now without a single fungus gnat or thrip.
I use no poisons, just a preventative.
Kirkland unscented dryer sheets laid on the soil surface repels pests the hunt by scent. That includes mosquitoes, cockroaches, "meat bees", and fungus gnats.
They are repelled by the surfactant waxes. The Thrips drop larvae to the soil where they go through 7 instars before emerging as adults. The dryer sheets catch, and trap the larvae.
The large white flies are repelled by a layer of worm castings on the soil surface under the sheets.
My remaining problem is WPM. I refuse to use Eagle-20.
Best, so far, is SM-90. It does not eliminate PM, but does control the blooms for a week or two. And the scent of coriander oil is much preferred to Neem.

Aloha,
Wee 'zard

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I was in the same boat. 5yrs and not a bug........

Until I came back home from the park with my son. I brought back then2 black spotted spider mite. They got to my clones. I tossed out all clones, bought $$ worth of product, and dropped the hammer on them.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I inspect new clones for pests then spray with sm-90 from top to bottom before bringing them in. I use lots of yellow sticky traps in the grow box. Last winter no gnats. Right now outdoor grow just put some diatomaceous earth mostly on the stocks toward the bottom to get any crawlers trying to climb up. I also use safer soap occasionally but only in veg. If I get a bad outbreak of PM or spider mites I will scrap everything, bleach everything and start over. Preventative is best. Be careful not to bring pests inside on shoes and clothing.

william76

william76

When i get clones i keep them in a seperate place not under the same roof,spray them with spinosad and a fungicide,i watch them for a long while.usualy ill flower them there too if i need too,i have 2 seperate 1m x 1m spaces that i use for this,i ues a rooting light to start off,but i add a 250 watt and a cfl or 2 if i need to flip them there,this way if any thing was to be up its not in my main place,its obvious to do this when u think about it.its easier to deal with 1 or 2 clones than a whole room!,ipm is important and it doesnt hav to be chems either,lots of peeps do it with soaps and oils etc also.this is an important subject that would save folk alot of bother if they started preventative measures to begin with.76

epitome

epitome

I've gone 9 years now without a single fungus gnat or thrip.
I use no poisons, just a preventative.
Kirkland unscented dryer sheets laid on the soil surface repels pests the hunt by scent. That includes mosquitoes, cockroaches, "meat bees", and fungus gnats.
They are repelled by the surfactant waxes. The Thrips drop larvae to the soil where they go through 7 instars before emerging as adults. The dryer sheets catch, and trap the larvae.
The large white flies are repelled by a layer of worm castings on the soil surface under the sheets.
My remaining problem is WPM. I refuse to use Eagle-20.
Best, so far, is SM-90. It does not eliminate PM, but does control the blooms for a week or two. And the scent of coriander oil is much preferred to Neem.

Aloha,
Wee 'zard
Nice, I need to read up on sm-90, DMAN seeds from Canada turned me onto this banned list of cides due to a combustion inhalation study and I lost the link, but basically, Cali, oregan and colo banned those substances the very next day after the release of this study, worth finding this list...it does exist and so does ignorance, the only way to get past this ethical speed bump is to be transparent and listen to our patients whom we are poisoning with cides and if we do not have a heart or concious, time to go buy one with Profit$, I hear Wally world has those on sale, even a lay-a-way plan...

S

Swampjack

Nice, I need to read up on sm-90, DMAN seeds from Canada turned me onto this banned list of cides due to a combustion inhalation study and I lost the link, but basically, Cali, oregan and colo banned those substances the very next day after the release of this study, worth finding this list...it does exist and so does ignorance, the only way to get past this ethical speed bump is to be transparent and listen to our patients whom we are poisoning with cides and if we do not have a heart or concious, time to go buy one with Profit$, I hear Wally world has those on sale, even a lay-a-way plan...

Dewd

Dewd

What about predator bugs as Ipm? They seem safer than lotions and potions.
After battling spider mites and pm for 2 years as a newb, I went 5 years without pests. Then broad mites wiped me out. Now I'm thinking predator mites are in my foreseeable future. I think swirski mites eats almost everything including molds and mildews. But don't hurt the plants. I haven't tried any other preds...yet

Ceveres

Ceveres

What about predator bugs as Ipm? They seem safer than lotions and potions.
After battling spider mites and pm for 2 years as a newb, I went 5 years without pests. Then broad mites wiped me out. Now I'm thinking predator mites are in my foreseeable future. I think swirski mites eats almost everything including molds and mildews. But don't hurt the plants. I haven't tried any other preds...yet
Hard to like that one ^^^ lol Got those f*ckers under control?
I hadn't had a problem in the previous years growing, then starting back growing again a few years later totally different spot, I have been having a problem shaking these spider mites. Weird. I got some neem recently
. I liked SNS217 but it's real expensive, and Smite seemed a little less harsh on the plants but worked a little better imo.

Dewd

Dewd

Hard to like that one ^^^ lol Got those f*ckers under control?
I hadn't had a problem in the previous years growing, then starting back growing again a few years later totally different spot, I have been having a problem shaking these spider mites. Weird. I got some neem recently
. I liked SNS217 but it's real expensive, and Smite seemed a little less harsh on the plants but worked a little better imo.
I think I do. Not 100% sure yet.
Spider mites were a pain also. I found that as long as I had flowering plants I couldn't get rid of them. Then I finally got rid of everything in flower and sprayed the shit out of my veg plants I was able to kill them all.

Ceveres

Ceveres

I think I do. Not 100% sure yet.
Spider mites were a pain also. I found that as long as I had flowering plants I couldn't get rid of them. Then I finally got rid of everything in flower and sprayed the shit out of my veg plants I was able to kill them all.
That's really the issue, in flower you can't bust out the big guns and solve it once and for all

Dewd

Dewd

Per 1 gallon
5ml rosemary oil
10ml neem
5ml cinnamon oil
5ml peppermint oil
5ml cadar wood oil

this is for a FLOOR SPRAY only, DO NOT SPRAY on plants. It's way too hot and may cook them.

I bought bulk oils on amazon.
Do you know if this might have any affect on pets?
Like if I forget to take my shows off before walking back into my home area.
If it's safe I might get some and spray the outside of my building also.
Might help cover the other smells hehe

Latest posts

Top Bottom