Ipm (integrated Pest Management)

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I wouldn't think so. I wouldn't let a pet drink it, or a kid or myself. Lol
it will smell kinda strong, not over bearing, but you'll smell it for a day. You habe to keep reapplying it every few days or so.

P

PharmHand

What about predator bugs as Ipm? They seem safer than lotions and potions.
After battling spider mites and pm for 2 years as a newb, I went 5 years without pests. Then broad mites wiped me out. Now I'm thinking predator mites are in my foreseeable future. I think swirski mites eats almost everything including molds and mildews. But don't hurt the plants. I haven't tried any other preds...yet
I don't like to spray anything past 7-10 days into flowering. Predator bugs work great for me if I'm ever concerned about bugs past then. I've used cucmeris, hypoaspis, encarsia formosa, stethoris beetles and lady bugs. I'd recommend the first three but the last two did shit all for me but die in my floor fans

Ceveres

Ceveres

My IPM is definitely a routine. When I get home from work, I immediately strip down, shower, and change all of my clothes. Then I make sure to go into my flower room first
I don't like to spray anything past 7-10 days into flowering. Predator bugs work great for me if I'm ever concerned about bugs past then. I've used cucmeris, hypoaspis, encarsia formosa, stethoris beetles and lady bugs. I'd recommend the first three but the last two did shit all for me but die in my floor fans

Lmao! :cry: I seem to hear that a lot. All lady bugs are good for is clogging up your exhaust hahaha

epitome

epitome

Do you know if this might have any affect on pets?
Like if I forget to take my shows off before walking back into my home area.
If it's safe I might get some and spray the outside of my building also.
Might help cover the other smells hehe
Pets are bumble bees pollinating rooms with problems instead of pollen...I'm sick of smoking pet hairs and carpet fibers...just saying I got rid of most problems once pets were banned from the grows...

Ceveres

Ceveres

Pets are bumble bees pollinating rooms with problems instead of pollen...I'm sick of smoking pet hairs and carpet fibers...just saying I got rid of most problems once pets were banned from the grows...

Agreed. It's guaranteed you'll have dog/cat hair in your buds no matter what if you let them in your grow room. I'm worried that my dog would bring in mites or something from outside so she's not allowed.

Dewd

Dewd

Agreed. It's guaranteed you'll have dog/cat hair in your buds no matter what if you let them in your grow room. I'm worried that my dog would bring in mites or something from outside so she's not allowed.
I agree. I don't allow pets into my grow area either.
But I do go from the grow area to the house where the pets are.
I was just just concerned about making my pets sick by tracking in some residual bug killer.

P

PharmHand

What about reptiles ? They seem to like my ballast room
IMG 1388
IMG 1539

epitome

epitome

I agree. I don't allow pets into my grow area either.
But I do go from the grow area to the house where the pets are.
I was just just concerned about making my pets sick by tracking in some residual bug killer.
If your worried about sick pets find out if it's poison...it's poisoning human lungs, gairanteed it's poison for your pets...

lino

lino

I was asked to apply for a Master grower job here in Colo. The owner asked me if know what the acronym" IPM expert " stood for...
my reply:
I say: Ya, I got my certification while in college to be a Insane Poison Mixing expert.
The owner of the dispense didnt laugh.

lino

lino

If your worried about sick pets find out if it's poison...it's poisoning human lungs, gairanteed it's poison for your pets...
I ve bee seeing dispenses putting glyphosate on cannabis... IDK,,, I told the owner that he should stop, he said why ?, its used on all kinds of crops.... just like eagle20, all I had to do is smell it and I know,,, I dont need any scientist telling me. Smells like that are lethal..

Ceveres

Ceveres

When using neem, what is the best way to emulsify it into water? Should I just ditch the oil and go with a water soluble product like Azasol? And is 1tsp/Qt a good amount for weekly foliar? Not big on the smell either.. Lol

lino

lino

would it be possible to use a hydro silicon in place of soap...to mix with...
i'm not sure on that question, idk... The soap breaks down, emulsifies lots of stuff. But the dish soaps Ive used has other ingredients fungal, bleach, oxygen, and other stuff, and I'm not familiar with hydro silicon....

lino

lino

When using neem, what is the best way to emulsify it into water? Should I just ditch the oil and go with a water soluble product like Azasol? And is 1tsp/Qt a good amount for weekly foliar? Not big on the smell either.. Lol
i like the soap but there are many products for neem additives. Its Oily so product that will break apart the oil . Ive used yucca extract and didnt notice anything bad. But as far as what is the best way, idk, and chemistry is not expertise. and I try to quit putting anything but water on bud material for at least 5 weeks.... 4 week before harvest, yikes,,,, lots of ppl will still use plant fat. I hope to not have to use anything buds in the last 5 wks of flower.

J

JamesKnight

I have heard about Integrated Pest Management and some comapnies use this technique to effectively get the pest out of your home.

wesk

wesk

I ve bee seeing dispenses putting glyphosate on cannabis... IDK,,, I told the owner that he should stop, he said why ?, its used on all kinds of crops.... just like eagle20, all I had to do is smell it and I know,,, I dont need any scientist telling me. Smells like that are lethal..
So she/he is putting roundup on their cured weed? Were you using the right words in that post, or just trying to stir something up? Not quite sure how to react to that. Some people’s kids, I guess, but if I knew where that practice was the process, they’d never get my business or the bidness of anybody I knew. If you meant to say growers instead of dispensary, then I’d say Colorado needs to up its game on cannabis testing.

Top Bottom