Iron labs bunk results

• Thread starter brd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brd

brd

So I've been testing Iron labs. I started seeing results that just didn't seem right. I decided to send in samples from the exact same cola but at different times. The results were totally inconsistent. One test at 21% then later the exact same bud tested at 14%. I've repeated the same scenario on a few other occasions with the same inconsistent results. Just another BS scam. I wonder if they even test it. For all we know they could be bringing the stuff in and feeding it directly into a CO2 extractor and were paying them to do it.

R

rascali

Very few testing facilities are rigorous enough in practice to provide accurate results day in and day out. Everything needs to be weighed and measured to a very, very fine degree and components need to be cleaned or replaced on a regular schedule. The best might have an accuracy range of 5% or so, the indifferent 15% and Quantacann around 25% accuracy range.

symbiote420

symbiote420

If the samples was same plant just diff harvest date, your results will vary tremendously. Harvest date will make big diff in thc levels

And there you have it!
It's all up to the preference of the grower, pull em earlier for higher thc #s, pull later as the thc starts degrading and that's when you get the lower thc percentage(s). I never pull my plants before they're fully ripened so my test scores are always lower than what they could have been, ask me do I mind? Hell nawl!!

What I find that's so amusing nowadaze is how people are letting these thc test decide which buds they grow in their garden instead of keeping the one around that smokes the best. Some of them are tossing keepers just because they don't have the 20%+ test score ...tsk tsk tsk

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

And there you have it!
It's all up to the preference of the grower, pull em earlier for higher thc #s, pull later as the thc starts degrading and that's when you get the lower thc percentage(s). I never pull my plants before they're fully ripened so my test scores are always lower than what they could have been, ask me do I mind? Hell nawl!!

What I find that's so amusing nowadaze is how people are letting these thc test decide which buds they grow in their garden instead of keeping the one around that smokes the best. Some of them are tossing keepers just because they don't have the 20%+ test score ...tsk tsk tsk
Exactly!:D

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Sym is right!Ive seen results with high numbers that are crap and results with low numbers that are bomb,i guess thats what we get for paying people that dont even smoke to tell us whether our weeds good or not.There is no regulation or consistency from lab to lab,we dont even know the qualifications of the person running the tests,talk about cash croppers!

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Yeah if these same cola can be tested and be that far apart. Than there is no reason for testing. I've asked several times what that really means to the smoker. Different herbs have different effects so if I have 2 samples both have 15%thc but one couch locked me and the other was rocket fuel what did the test tell me?

urban1026835

urban1026835

Yeah if these same cola can be tested and be that far apart. Than there is no reason for testing. I've asked several times what that really means to the smoker. Different herbs have different effects so if I have 2 samples both have 15%thc but one couch locked me and the other was rocket fuel what did the test tell me?
that your original way of deciphering superior smoke was the way to go. If I don't like it I dont care how high it tests.

symbiote420

symbiote420

My bro hates Leaf's GTH #1 or any sativa for the matter, and it tested close to "30%". I've watched him get headaches off smoking sativa dom buds for years, they just don't agree with him .....hard for me to understand it cause I've smoked the same buds and have been peeled back lol different strokes for different folks! I used to prefer indica dom smokes in my youth but the older I'm getting I've started to like the more saty dom highs for daytime use and my hard hitting indies for night/relaxation time.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
There was a co at the Seattle Cup that did just a testing on a computer app. That did a over all summary of what that particular strain was coming in at . Perhaps that's all there doing. The labs here for instance $ 80.00 per strain and law required it be tested there getting rich !

Funk Monk

Funk Monk

If any test results are important to me are the mold count to pesticides. I don't give a funk about thc count or cbd, but is it clean funk'n tree. Let me see that beautiful white ash that blows in the wind. I farm trics, not flowers homies. Keep the meds clean should be no 1 priority, not a cock n ball brag show. If the smoke don't smell and taste bomb, I'll tend to pass on it due to liking the whole smoking, tasting, smells, and getting funk'd up. Funk on

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

testing does work but you need to know how to prepare your sample and interpret the results
running multiple samples and tossing the outliers then averaging seems to be fairly accurate with repeatable results on typical samples or washing 10 grams with 1000 ml of methanol then taking a sample of that solution for a general average but most facilities use 1/10 of a gram samples and there is a lot of variability in that
thc is like the motor on the back of your boat and the other cannabinoids and terpenes etc are the steering

fwiw

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
My bro hates Leaf's GTH #1 or any sativa for the matter, and it tested close to "30%". I've watched him get headaches off smoking sativa dom buds for years, they just don't agree with him .....hard for me to understand it cause I've smoked the same buds and have been peeled back lol different strokes for different folks! I used to prefer indica dom smokes in my youth but the older I'm getting I've started to like the more saty dom highs for daytime use and my hard hitting indies for night/relaxation time.

30%!!! It makes my lungs ache and turns me on all at once! lol I wanna dab it.

Top Bottom